Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

New Everybody's Golf comes out later this month for PS4 and will be GOTY 2017. It's going to be sick, and since every game in this franchise is better than the one that came before it, this will probably be the best golf game ever made.

This thread is the place to talk about swing tips, golf cart racing etiquette, and organize an IZ tournament when the time comes.

It's also a place to talk about other good golf games like:
Mario golf
Neo turf masters
The hot shots on vita and PS3
Tiger woods 2003
The golf in yakuza 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Is Everybody's Golf the series that used to be Hot Shots? Because those and Mario Golf were some drat fine games

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011
I got SimGolf on an abandonware website, it's pretty great

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Pablo Gigante posted:

Is Everybody's Golf the series that used to be Hot Shots? Because those and Mario Golf were some drat fine games

Yeah, it was called everybody's golf everywhere but the USA, so they finally changed it for the new one

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

owl milk posted:

I got SimGolf on an abandonware website, it's pretty great

is it compatible with streets of sim city?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've been playing Mario Golf 3DS (I forget the actual name) and it's awesome. I love arcadey golf games with the aftertouch spins.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
I've played probably 3000 hours of Mario Golf: Advance Tour. It's probably my favorite golf game of all time, although all the Mario Golf versions are pretty good.

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

Kirby's Dream Course is a very odd golf game but it is extremely good if you're looking for something unique. Planning out and executing perfect shots in it feels great

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

I've been playing Mario Golf 3DS (I forget the actual name) and it's awesome. I love arcadey golf games with the aftertouch spins.

World Tour is so good and it reminds me of the now unplayable golf game pangya

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
I liked Pangya a lot

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

In Training posted:

Does it have the club slot mode where the slot machine tells you what club to use? I always liked that mode.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

poo poo the gently caress up you asking too much questions

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Idk why but posting that just made me remember the cod map that was like an icy shipping warehouse and a lumberyard or some poo poo? across the field

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Did anyone else try the golf from wii sports club for wii u. I thought it was cool how you could tee off by putting the tablet on the ground and swinging above it with the wiimote

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Does it have the club slot mode where the slot machine tells you what club to use? I always liked that mode.

Yeah it does

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

yeah actually they will posted:

Did anyone else try the golf from wii sports club for wii u. I thought it was cool how you could tee off by putting the tablet on the ground and swinging above it with the wiimote

Yeah, that part was extremely neat. But I think that the Wii Motion Plus makes that game way too hard because no matter how well I think my shot is lined up, I shank every single hit. The game demands actual golf posture. But it's still fun

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

that golf story game for the switch looked like it could be neat.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Liquid Drink posted:

I liked Pangya a lot

It had really unique courses and the greatest emotes in history. I miss it

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

HORMELCHILI posted:

Idk why but posting that just made me remember the cod map that was like an icy shipping warehouse and a lumberyard or some poo poo? across the field

yo this is literally the first time i thought about/remembered that map since i actually played it.. drat. i know exactly which one your talking about and it was sick

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

White Genocide posted:

that golf story game for the switch looked like it could be neat.
It looks similar to Advance Tour in the fact that it's a golf game based around RPG elements but I get the feeling that Golf Story will be too much focused on the other stuff and not enough about the actual arcade style golf that makes MGAT so much fun. I'm for sure keeping an eye on it though.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

HORMELCHILI posted:

that was blops 1 i think

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

ol yeller posted:

that was blops 1 i think

it was either MW1 or 2. unless im thinking of a different but similar map

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJIdnzhVmHM

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009
Fuji Golf or shut the hell up

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I got one of the tiger woods games on the wii. With motion plus and max realism difficulty settings I was getting even worse scores than irl golf, it was really challenging and fun. Then I finally had one really good round but they do a rubberband thing with the leaderboards that makes your score completely pointless and that really soured me on it.

I also played about a thousand hours of mario golf advance tour, the most epic game of all time

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yeah actually they will posted:

i did this at a friend's and it felt really good!

ive never played golf games but ofc i had wii sports and resort like everyone else and sank a lot of hours into it, on resort especially because of the much better controls. some relaxing gaming

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
3ds mario golf strikes some sublime balance of being both incredibly relaxing and also extremely intense . Logged soooo many hours

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Some of the course challenges are hard as poo poo in 3DS Mario Golf.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

In Training posted:

Yeah it does

Guess that is my next 3ds game purchase. Thanks.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

mario golf 3DS is almost perfect but the RPG elements were undercooked

the actual gameplay is literally flawless for an arcade golf game though

almostfearless
Aug 1, 2003

Inspiral, Coalescence, Ringdown

rediscover posted:

it was either MW1 or 2. unless im thinking of a different but similar map
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-VfGyvgZgo
sub base from MW2? don't remember any icy/snow maps from MW1

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.

Liquid Drink posted:

I liked Pangya a lot

So Icey Seifuku
Dec 26, 2007

almostfearless posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-VfGyvgZgo
sub base from MW2? don't remember any icy/snow maps from MW1

It's either Derail from MW2 or Grid from Blops 1.

Mush Man
Jun 25, 2010

Nintendo announces Frolf means Frog Golf.
Oven Wrangler
Still have allmy replays from Toadstall Tour on the GameCube. Still haven't unlocked one of the charaters by getting 18 birdies in a row on the tree course though.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

The new Everybody's Golf comes out a week from today and I just bought a PS4 to play it because I'm insane. Get psyched for the online arcade-style golf video game event of the decade

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Spoderman posted:

The new Everybody's Golf comes out a week from today and I just bought a PS4 to play it because I'm insane. Get psyched for the online arcade-style golf video game event of the decade

gently caress yes. I'll be playing this as well

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Everybody's Golf is out now!!

Initial notes after playing for thirty minutes before work:
no advanced shots which is dumb. there are still many good reasons to prefer the vita and PS3 games.

character creator is pretty decent even though the characters looks too much like Xbox live avatars.

All that being said, it feels good to hit the links again and I'm psyched to play this online tonight. This is still best-in-class golfing.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

I'm buying this friday, so loving excited. Between this and Yazuka Kiwami it's gonna be a gamers weekend for sure.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I think there are advanced shots but the game doesnt tell you how to do them for awhile, im hoping at least because how can you have a golf game where you cant put backspin on the ball? Regardless of that I had a blast playing this for a few hours last night. The open course concept is really awesome, online players just hanging out on a course and golfing at their own pace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Yeah the game has advanced shots, it's a d-pad direction at the point of impact (e.g. d-pad up for topspin)

tbh this is my first EG so I'm still in the habit of double-tapping A like in mario golf heh

• Locked thread