Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Not sure why but I like the Golf in GTA V

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Cat Machine posted:

Yeah the game has advanced shots, it's a d-pad direction at the point of impact (e.g. d-pad up for topspin)

tbh this is my first EG so I'm still in the habit of double-tapping A like in mario golf heh

There's still good fine tuning and spin control, but they introduced a fun new shot system called advanced shots in Everybody's Golf 5/Hot Shots Out of Bounds, brought it back and introduced three more shot systems of varying quality for the Vita one, and now it's just back to the traditional shots. It's definitely still a great game that I played all evening yesterday. I'll get back to it, post more impressions as I unlock the more challenging courses and try to stream some tomorrow night

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

julian assflange posted:

Not sure why but I like the Golf in GTA V

its good, the best minigame by far

the tennis is also really solid too

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I always liked the pool in GTA4 and 5

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Larry Parrish posted:

I always liked the pool in GTA4 and 5

The pool in GTA 4 was great. But Bankshot Billiards was the best (of that generation)

E: sorry for the derail—I bought Everybody's Golf at full price.
Edit 2: fixed typos

Chill Penguin fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Aug 31, 2017

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
is that golf rpg on switch out yet....

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Spoderman posted:

There's still good fine tuning and spin control, but they introduced a fun new shot system called advanced shots in Everybody's Golf 5/Hot Shots Out of Bounds, brought it back and introduced three more shot systems of varying quality for the Vita one, and now it's just back to the traditional shots. It's definitely still a great game that I played all evening yesterday. I'll get back to it, post more impressions as I unlock the more challenging courses and try to stream some tomorrow night

I really really really miss advanced shots. Only having access to classic is such a letdown to me.

Add in the fact that if you don't hit perfect impact the ball will likely go all over the place and it gets frustrating. I know I didn't have anything like this issue in 5/6. I swear the difference between hitting red and pink is neglgible a lot of the time. Might have something to do with not having control at max level on anything yet I suppose, but having to grind control on the woods is gonna be annoying.

I mean, I still enjoy the game, it just seems like a step back from the last one for me.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

The Milkman posted:

is that golf rpg on switch out yet....

Nope but it was in the Indie Game Nintendo Direct yesterday and they said sometime in September

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

goferchan posted:

Nope but it was in the Indie Game Nintendo Direct yesterday and they said sometime in September

nice..

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
It looks like more Story than Golf which worries me a bit, but I'll probably still get it if it's <$20.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Just played my first round of EG, so fun. I'm glad the putting is basically identical to Mario Golf World Tour. I feel like the only thing that would make this game better would be a town-building aspect. Have they ever done that in a Hot Shits game?

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Everybody's Golf is fun as poo poo

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION
Sup dudes I didn't see any mention of rory mcilroy 2015 in here, i'm sick of everybody's golf maybe so i'll be playing it next: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAFWnjJ_7Q4

Also add me on Steam and PS4 for golf games I guess?

The commentary really helps this game somehow

e: I quit this professional golfgame and played everybody's golf for 2 weeks, now i'm trying to play the US open and being absolutely destroyed. From the game's point of view I had a promising career right up until my famous US Open championship flop, where I came dead last. First 3 rounds were fine, keeping below par, then the last round had me ending the championship with +12.

Oh no wait there's one more round. This will be pain. I got good again

iRend fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Sep 8, 2017

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

iRend posted:

Sup dudes I didn't see any mention of rory mcilroy 2015 in here, i'm sick of everybody's golf maybe so i'll be playing it next: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAFWnjJ_7Q4

Also add me on Steam and PS4 for golf games I guess?

The commentary really helps this game somehow

e: I quit this professional golfgame and played everybody's golf for 2 weeks, now i'm trying to play the US open and being absolutely destroyed. From the game's point of view I had a promising career right up until my famous US Open championship flop, where I came dead last. First 3 rounds were fine, keeping below par, then the last round had me ending the championship with +12.

Oh no wait there's one more round. This will be pain. I got good again

:yikes:

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

gahahaha ... u call yourself a true player of Golf ? you are but a tiny pawn in a cosmic chess game .. see how you recoil when the full splendour of the art is revealed to you

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Have any good reverse recruitment hacks for Rory McIlroy 2015, iRend?

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

In Training posted:

Lfmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Lol

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

i was thinking the other day it would be so awesome to watch people play golf if you were like ant sized

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

gahahaha ... u call yourself a true player of Golf ? you are but a tiny pawn in a cosmic chess game .. see how you recoil when the full splendour of the art is revealed to you

In Training posted:

lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

mayu...

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Borat: Mayu Waifu!!!!! Yagshemesh

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

lol

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

the VS characters are really good. I like the delinquent kid in rank 5 who swings like a thug, he also gives you a really dope jacket when you win

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

When is golf story coming out?

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

my morning jackass posted:

When is golf story coming out?
sometime this month

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Has there ever been a frisbee golf game/minigame? Asking for a friend.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Has there ever been a frisbee golf game/minigame? Asking for a friend.
Yeah, Tiger Woods 10 on Wii has it

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Everybody's Golf is incredibly good.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
I bought everybody's golf today because I remember hot shots golf 2 being really fun. I'm having a great time too.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
I got a gold trophy in mario golf 3ds once :-]

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I'm not that into regular golf games but uhh....mini golf is extremely my poo poo. Anyone have good "modern" mini golf games? They were all the rage back in the 90s.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
First area of Golf Story w/o commentary
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYos6kdVUnc

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

poo poo that looks good

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
golf story is out tomorrow for $15..!! lets fuckin goooo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Golf story and Picross S tomorrow...god I hope there's a fall breeze rustling my bookshelf through an open window...

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

This is a good year for golf gaming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

golf story is pretty fun so far about 2 hrs in

• Locked thread