Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
West Ham are impressively bad.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Start Martial more imo

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

That was loving good

Huddersfield still top though, gently caress off United

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

He will build a castle with garden on an island called Cheshire, and he is permitted to breed.
A good goal.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Well taken, well played, what a tasty goal

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:
Phwoar, some goal by Martial

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

EvilHawk posted:

That was loving good

Get hosed lol.

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

He will build a castle with garden on an island called Cheshire, and he is permitted to breed.

EvilHawk posted:

That was loving good

You were saying?

Cart
Sep 28, 2004

They see me rollin...

rocket_Magnet posted:

Zabaleta has single handedly stopped this being 4 or 5-0, he's still brilliant.

Womp womp

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Lol West Ham

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Good job West Ham. Good job.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

#pogboom

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

United killing dreams of Huddersfield fans everywhere, shameful stuff

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Beauty

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

This is extremely cool and good.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
West Ham predictably poo poo, who would have guessed?

West007
Apr 21, 2013

Glory, glory Man united.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

having been to huddersfield in my youth, I can confirm that huddersfield can gently caress off

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Aw man I wanted Huddersfield to end the weekend on top

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Also United look real good and it's no bueno

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Sad for Hernandez

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Remember the last time United scored 4 on opening day?

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:

Cart posted:

Womp womp

I'd originally put 5 or 6 but changed it :hurr:

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

sassassin posted:

West Ham predictably poo poo, who would have guessed?
I did. In fact, I put a cheeky tenner on the boys from Manchester.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Lol Joe Hart is bad

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

How many years is it since United last beat someone by more than three in the League?

Feels good man

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Good game. West Ham were utter poo poo, so this might not be a good prognostic for the rest of the season, but who cares, at least they remembered how to score.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'm going to give that game a rating of Cautiously Cool and Good

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

EvilHawk posted:

United killing dreams of Huddersfield fans everywhere, shameful stuff

I was honestly hoping they'd hold off at 3-0 to give Huddersfield their week in the sun.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

rex rabidorum vires posted:

West Ham are impressively bad.

Hell yeah

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

rex rabidorum vires posted:

He reminds me so much of Welbeck. It's very funny.

Mods

Fun watch and we looked ruthless, could see no reason why Chelsea got rid of Matic, but it's West Ham on opening day so farrrrt

That said, we didn't do the Mourinho "right we're 1-0 up let's shut up shop and carefully manage this to a oh look an equalizer" so there's that.

Chels fans why did Chelsea (seemingly) give United the Carrick replacement we desperately needed? I can't remember Matic playing like that much for Chelsea and I only really remember a lot of fouls and the occasional thunderbastard of a shot...

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
My friend is a Chelsea fan and he told me it's because Matic always promised play like this but followed through like 10% of the time. It was always unfulfilled potential with him. We may be seeing the effects of a welcome change of scenery, or perhaps just fools gold before him reverting back next game. Time will tell.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Hope west ham continue to be poo poo in 2 weeks time

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
West Ham's approach to play was persistently bizarre, both when being defensively disciplined and when they tried to go for it. Seeing Hernandez so deep all the time was weird as gently caress and Arnautovic was completely anonymous, it was as if "defend and try to nick one on the break" was the only plan and once 2-0 down seemed to have no plan B..

Which, despite United's inability to buy a win at home last season, would seem a really odd tactical approach; to go to Old Trafford and not really seem to have a "what to do when we go behind" idea.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
first time for what feels like years I've seen united actually looking always quickest to the ball, winning loose balls and 50/50s all day long. Not sure if thats more about how poo poo West Ham are or a good sign for the rest of the season but for now seems to be very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

As Ninpo said, it was super nice to see United actually pressing the attack even after going 1-0 up and properly killing the game.

• Locked thread