Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Saw it, liked it. It scratches the TNG itch and does things its own way. Also, I don't remember seeing a show so divisive yet, and the RT score is a good example. I guess I'm happy that TV sci-fi can be both plentiful and varied enough to make people angry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

From the AMA:

Well, after the audience response, we have a good shot at sticking around.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Loved it. Simple as that.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

I'm really enjoying The Orville. Guess I missed TNG a lot. Looking forward to a rewatch of season one the moment it ends.

gently caress the grim dark Trek.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

It’s a warning signal. Such an incoherent episode may mean the show runners are sleeping at the wheel and we’re moving into SG-1 quality territory - not a bad thing maybe, but Orville so far made some very good showings as a proper sci-fi series. There’s also a slim chance they’re telling a story here - perhaps the Planetary Union and Mercer are not that as competent as we assume, and this planet will evolve into a new, scorned enemy. I wouldn’t hold my breath, though.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

What a sweet ep. Sure, it was a re-used plot premise, but it was just so pleasant and entertaining. This is the episode I'd show my mum to get her into this show - TNG was probably the last trek she saw.

Also, same week the other show had time crystals and guy who's both eyes were poked out by needles. :ohno:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

There’s enough of an established universe to feed comics and spin-offs. While it’s unlikely he’ll ever be able to get the whole cast together, he has lots of options.