Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Gigante posted:

I watched dunkey's Nidhogg 2 video yesterday and what the gently caress is up with that art style

its so ugly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYWtSi8JqjI

The art music and sound effects are driving me insane. Why would they do this?

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

I much preferred GTA4's mindless free mode over the stupid MMO grind of the 5th game. It was great mopping up entire servers with sawn off shotgun drive-bys.

It's so absurd that 5 punished you for murdering too many players.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Control Volume posted:

Aughugh

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dongicus posted:

I much preferred GTA4's mindless free mode over the stupid MMO grind of the 5th game. It was great mopping up entire servers with sawn off shotgun drive-bys.

It's so absurd that 5 punished you for murdering too many players.

It's incredible that it's somehow more boring than the APB free roam mode

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Control Volume posted:

ahhh someone doesn't appreciate the timeless art style of Clayfighter 63 1/2

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

I played KH1 and loved it (was late to the party there) and rented KH2 immediately once I beat the first one. I found the combat and story obscenely boring and couldn't be bothered to even play it the full week for the rental.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Yestermoment posted:

I played KH1 and loved it (was late to the party there) and rented KH2 immediately once I beat the first one. I found the combat and story obscenely boring and couldn't be bothered to even play it the full week for the rental.

drat i haven't played since it came out but i remember the intro areas being excruciatingly long and other than that the combat being way more fun. also the gummi ship sections being vastly improved. maybe i'm off tho because i'm going by some like 15 year old memories here

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The combat and movement in KH2 are way better but the level design is way simpler, mostly just a series of rooms with encounters. Some of KH1's worlds had really dumb confusing level design though

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

goferchan posted:

drat i haven't played since it came out but i remember the intro areas being excruciatingly long and other than that the combat being way more fun. also the gummi ship sections being vastly improved. maybe i'm off tho because i'm going by some like 15 year old memories here

I'll admit that I never even figured out the gummi ship thing and completely ignored it.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The first Driver

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
echoing sentiments about portal, hotline, banjo, half life, quake, doom and driver.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i mean its admirable they tried to make gta 3 on a psx but it was real bad

flyingporcupine
Feb 21, 2010

by Pragmatica
I'd say the Mafia series fits this. The first was an admittedly flawed but really impressive (and for the time gorgeous) open world with a a ton of interacting mechanics that could be intimidating to start but you could have a lot of fun with them once you got a handle on how the game worked. 2 was, in my mind, a lovely Max Payne 2 with open world window dressing and 3 was just broken. Which sucks cause I'm a sucker for unique settings and 60s New Orleans had me from the get go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver was amazing, whereas 2 was just meh.

julian assflange posted:

The first Driver

For some reason I played a ton of Driver 2. Letting you get out of the car was a big mistake. I heard the most recent Driver was good though.

MeatwadIsGod fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Aug 29, 2017

• Locked thread