Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Oh yeah- S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl is an amazing game but S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky is pure HIV/AIDS.

Clear Sky is kinda cool. I like the idea of the gang warfare and picking a side and all that but 90% of the missions are clearly randomly generated junk until you get to the finale. I've heard there's a good mod for CS that fleshed out the gang stuff, maybe I'll check that out some day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't even know if this should really count but 007: Nightfire was a perfect bond game and all the entries from the 360/PS3/Wii seemed lame

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

theres still never been a better Street Fighter than II

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh yeah Jak and Daxter was fun and Jak II's weird hub GTA crap really annoyed me and I never finished it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Parasite Eve. The 2nd one was fine but it was way closer to just being an RE1 clone than the weird hybrid JRPG systems that was in 1 and made it way cooler to experiment with all the weapons and spells and customization tools

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

did you ever play the PSP one? insert The Yikes Guy here.

I liked it more than 2 lol.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I forget but someone had to have said Deus Ex already right? The original is untouchable

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Major Isoor posted:

I know it's not quite what the OP is about, but I felt kinda like this about the jump from Age of Empires II to Age of Empires III. I don't know what, but it just wasn't the same. AoE2 was so good, and the third game just somehow lost that feeling.
(For the record, I quite liked Age of Mythology, but kinda treated/thought of it as being 'different' to AoE2. I guess that might be why I'm not so keen on AoE3, as it calls itself an AoE game, but is much more like AoM)

well check this out https://twitter.com/AgeOfEmpires/st...D127%23lastpost

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Plutonis posted:

Civ IV to V was a dreadful leap and VI still looks terrible

I forgot VI existed until just now

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fredrik1 posted:

Played some Nidhogg 2 during the weekend it was fun but boy does that game have issues, the first game is a lot better and I'll play that over N2 any day.

It looks so incredibly ugly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

• Locked thread