Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Hotline Miami is one of my favorite games of all time but I couldn't even finish the sequel. The devs clearly had no idea what made the original great and made a complete mess with only superficial resemblance to HM.

HM2 was a huge disappointment after how perfect 1 was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

jedi knight outcast is such an immensely better game than jedi academy

JKA was basically the same game with a few additions and tweaks, i was excited as a teen cause how bad could they gently caress up more of the same? but the level design was loving terrible

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Plutonis posted:

By the people who brought us games such as Dawn of War 3 and Company of Heroes 2

:/

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

to relic's credit, they managed to balance out the obvious pay2win commanders and broken units in coh2 only a few months after everyone stopped playing it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

klapman posted:

Was Oberkommando West actually broken as poo poo or was I just a baby? Cause I loving hated playing against any OKW people

they had several units that were absurd

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

It was immensely, comically overpowered for months after its launch, yes

one of the first units, the kubelwagon scout car, was cheaper than an infantry squad and could easily engage other infantry squads 2v1 and win because it suppressed the poo poo out of soldiers, it was basically a flying heavy mg that was always deployed

once the obersoldaten came out if the enemy could even make it that far, it was over. almost completely invincible, fast infantry unit that shredded everything and i think even their grenades would take big chunks of health off heavy armor. they really thought this was fine for months and thought people would just learn how to play against it lol. instead, everyone quit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Gigante posted:

I watched dunkey's Nidhogg 2 video yesterday and what the gently caress is up with that art style

its so ugly

• Locked thread