Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

i had an O2 with the casing in perfect condition

in the back of my car when I was rear-ended

and it flew out of the cargo net and shattered

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

the 90s (and, declining, the 00s) was the last time there were several competitive microarchitectures and you could buy a "workstation" computer that was in some way special and different from a normal computer

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

to be fair, workstations still exist. they are just much, much bigger versions of your bog standard pc.

which is incredibly lame as hell

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

does enlightenment still call you a bitch in error messages

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

eschaton posted:

I always wanted one of their "highlighter" photocopiers from the late 1980s: shaped like a thick highlighter, you drag it over a line of text in a book and a strip of thermal paper comes out with that text

in 1989 or 1990, visiting relatives in Minneapolis, I wandered into some spartan Sony showroom next to the furniture store my family was shopping at and had an amazing time gawking and managed to pilfer one of each of their catalogs

it's my sincere hope to find those catalogs online someday so I can see some of the insane poo poo Sony was doing then again, since after all virtually all of the actual products will have entirely disintegrated by now

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Son...cMAAOSw1YRZog45

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

eschaton posted:

oh my god

i wonder if you can just scan random poo poo with it and unroll it into a strip because i can think of a lot of art uses for it

• Locked thread