Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

just seeing the extensions folder on old mac makes me loving mad

I spent hours as a retarded child trying ot make myst work on my lovely PowerPC, and by the end it was a 50/50 shot if it would launch or not.
you could probably make a pretty decent mobile game out of just trying to figure out which extensions are causing the startup crash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

whoever wrote that is dead wrong

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I wish I still had my portfolio from the first agency I ever worked at in 1997 we were doing stuff like 3D rendering the lobby of the client so the homepage was like you clicked on different features to navigate it

so many bevels

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

editing kaleidoscope themes was one of my first ui-related things I tried, now it's my job
clam juice still gross

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I still have one of the last really good sony receivers from 2000 [db940], I haven't plugged it in in forever but I can't bring myself to get rid of it; thing weighs 45 pounds and can drive five 4Ω speakers with ease I followed it up with a decent es in 2008 but I just ordered a new integra so :rip: the world's only perfectly working hdmi-cec implementation I guess

of course it has a weird stupid remote because sony but I still loved it

I had a friend who had the egg remote, it wasn't great but it did feel pretty futuristic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

here's the good stuff

my current receiver came with 2 remotes, a big fuckoff one with 100 buttons and one that basically just does volume, input switching and menu access

• Locked thread