Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zyme
Aug 15, 2000
I'm in a somewhat similar position to the OP. I'm an engineer now and doing well enough at that, but it's not really anything I'm passionate about. I've always loved programming and pick it up very quickly. I got some bad advice when I was choosing my career and decided to specifically avoid programming BECAUSE I liked it. What kind of qualifications would I need to get a job in IT or programming? I'm looking to get in with as little extra school as possible, basically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zyme
Aug 15, 2000

Thanks for the suggestions! I've been hacking together websites from my own bastardized HTML/CSS/Javascript for fun for the better part of a decade. I'll have to start thinking about putting together something I could put together to showcase. In the last couple of years I have been playing around with optimizing sites for mobile responsiveness, which seems like it could be relevant.

• Locked thread