Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Glad someone made a thread for this. I've already changed careers once at 30. Now that I'm 35, I might be looking into something else. I've got some living situation issues (I don't know what country I'll be living in in the next few months, and my existing education is extremely US-centric). What sub-field of programming would I be best suited focusing on if my main career objective is to maximize the possibility of remote or overseas work? Is WebDev still the answer? I'd made it a good deal of the way through the FreeCodeCamp front end section last year before my paid work got really really busy and I stopped. Been thinking of starting again lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

SirPhoebos posted:

I just got an offer for a property accountant job, so it appears I won't have to consider making another career change after all. But thanks for all the responses, and I'll keep an eye on this thread in case there is something worth adding to the OP.

Congrats!

• Locked thread