Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I know it's probably stupid garbage and I'm a bad person or artist for tracing but I'm doing a Pathfinder thing and I found a guy's art (who has taken all of his art offline like 7 years ago for some reason) and I thought it fit really well, so I traced the whole thing and colored it myself

Here's the source image, the original artist is maximusmk1

But still, it took me five hours of work (I gave up on the background lol don't judge me too hard) but people still say it looks good and I feel moderately proud of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

GideonKalveJarvis posted:

Am I racist for saying the humanified version you did looks better than the original?

Well...your version looks better than the original. In my opinion, of course. The background's "fuzz" effect creates a nice, misty foreboding sense, which creates a good backdrop to the look/feel of the character in question. Speaking of said character, I'm getting a powerful Solomon Kane vibe from him (not the film version, though...well, maybe a little, but I really didn't like that movie). All he needs is a battered Puritan hat to make that particular thought-image complete.

You have it the other way around, first image is my version. :saddowns:

Parrotine posted:

EDIT2:

My memory is a bit hazy but I think doing stuff like this was how I got started with art; you may be tracing over another's work but you are also eliminating the huge hurdle that comes with human anatomy, focusing more on building an OC and completing a piece. That goes a looooong towards motivation, anyone who would chew out someone getting their feet wet over this is an rear end in a top hat.

Just do you 👌

Yeah, I'm not very good yet, I mostly just paint on minis, so doing this on my ipad on procreate made me feel good about myself.