Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soul Reaver
Mar 8, 2009

in retrospect the old redtext was a little over the top, I think I was in a bad mood that day. it appears you've learned your lesson about slagging our gods and masters at beamdog but I'm still going to leave this av up because i think its funny

god bless
None of my stuff is that new, but I did spent 6 years creating a single-player Warcraft III mod, which got a really good reception.

More recently I created a mod for The Ur-Quan Masters with me voicing the Melnorme character.
It was intended as a fix to re-insert important dialogue that was missing from the official voiced version of the game. But since I don't sound in any way like the original voice actor, I just came up with my own take on the character.
Note the lo-fi compression on the voice is intentional so as to fit into the rest of the game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWt2wj7pFU8

I've also recorded a whole bunch of dialogue for Dawn of War mods, but I've never been sent the finished (post-processing) product so it's not really ready to share.

And currently writing a massive gamebook but that's not finished.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Reaver
Mar 8, 2009

in retrospect the old redtext was a little over the top, I think I was in a bad mood that day. it appears you've learned your lesson about slagging our gods and masters at beamdog but I'm still going to leave this av up because i think its funny

god bless
Some more voice work!

I'm a big fan of Dawn of War, and have contributed a bit to some of the mods there (eg, the bugfix mod0. When I was advertising for some voice acting for my Ur-Quan Masters mods, I also saw an ad from a well-known Dawn of War modder looking for voice actors. On a whim I applied and was given various unit responses to record.

One of those has now been used for the Warp Talon units in the Emperor's Children mod for Dawn of War.

I'm slightly disappointed because you probably can't hear my voice a lot (it'll get overwritten by the unit leader the moment you build one, and you'd be an idiot not to build one pretty quickly) and I think it's a bit too modulated by the post production guys, but overall I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.

Here they are on Soundcloud:
https://soundcloud.com/soul-reaver-3/sets

I've still got more stuff pending on some other Dawn of War mods, including more prominent units, but I think this was the one I had the most fun with.

I like this one best, because it's so cleanly done!

Soul Reaver fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jun 13, 2019

Soul Reaver
Mar 8, 2009

god bless

Mr. Happyface posted:

I wrote a picture book for my daughter, a friend did the art. I'm pretty pleased with the whole endeavour, it can be read here:

https://www.chatterlings.net/make-it-up-new

It's very cute. But I'm most impressed that you included the word 'crocadillion' in a rhyme.

Soul Reaver
Mar 8, 2009

god bless

Chef Bourgeoisie posted:

Finished up a painting for my mom (she's a big Last Unicorn fan) for her birthday

I really like how it turned out.

This is really great.
Also, this is one of my favourite films (and books) of all time so your mom has great taste.

If only Mia Farrow could sing...

Soul Reaver
Mar 8, 2009

god bless

Jasque posted:

And now I'm getting an early start to a Halloween costume. I may not have time to finish it. Right now I'm at two different designs for foot placement, and I'm going to ditch the "high-heel" look that I've got on my right foot. I thought it would help hide my profile under the costume, but I really didn't account for the fact that it is, well, like walking around in high heels. My left foot placement is better, but I need to tweak that design for added comfort.

Anyone out there familiar with cosplay and costuming? I will probably need a lot of guidance from people who know a lot more than me.

So what are you going as? Dark Crystal Landstrider? Return to Oz Wheeler?

Soul Reaver
Mar 8, 2009

god bless

McKilligan posted:

This is the result of a whim that started way back in...January or February? I always liked making pixel art, had done so once or twice for a few short-lived campaigns with some friends, and figured I might be able to make something of it.

So, I decided to do, at minimum, one new sprite a day. It felt really slow, but I figured that it would add up over time. Once I had enough, I'd see about putting a website together, put my work out there.

Well, I gave up on making the website myself, but I found an awesome dude willing to partner up, and here we are! It's really early days, traffic is still in the double digits for the most part, but goddamn am I proud of it!

Now I'm trying to figure out how the gently caress Twitter works and am promoting the gently caress out of it wherever I can.

These look really cool, congratulations. The idea is neat too. Got any photos of physical printed out minis on a tabletop to share?

Soul Reaver
Mar 8, 2009

god bless

HanzoSchmanzo posted:

Once...

I can't remember...

I deeply love this movie, but wish with all my heart they would replace Mia Farrow's singing with the one from the soundtrack CD instead (like they did in the German film version),

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Reaver
Mar 8, 2009

god bless

HopperUK posted:

Friends, I bought cheap lovely oil paints and I made a tiny Bob Ross. It was fun as heck.

Those are some happy looking little trees!