Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Out of curiosity, I was listening a couple days ago to Bennington on youtube to the episode where Ron talked about his friend from Florida that died, and said that at his funeral they had lyric cards for a song they were playing, which I presume they ended the show with, but on Youtube they had the song cut. Was anyone listening that can tell me what the song was?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
I ended up just subbing to Youtube Red instead to listen on my phone and the rips that are on there are good enough for me

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

?? this one??

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Fentry posted:

The O and A subreddit compiled a thing:

http://imgur.com/a/3JodT

Check out The Radio Report on twitter, it's something else

https://twitter.com/theradioreport

lmaooo
he is a loving 13 year old

this is literally poo poo that teenagers would do and like think they were being clever and that no one would figure it out

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

TL posted:

Actually, I think Dave said he was offered an increase...to 36k.

While someone who I won't name because they no longer wish to lead a public life was making 500k+ rofl

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Doxxed him how? He's already a public figure

You mean like posted his home address or something?

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Niwrad posted:

Is this coming from a news site or is it coming from Nick DiPaolo? I can't find anything online about it. Is it some kids in the neighborhood egged his house and he decided that it must be antifa out to destroy him for making jokes on a radio show practically no one listens to?

Yeah I mean if someone actually doxxed him that'd be bad but I'd be just as likely to believe it's just some pests from the O&A subreddit and back in the day everyone would laugh when they did it to some random rear end in a top hat DJ

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

The Dave posted:

That does nothing to explain who joe matarese is.

From what I've seen, he's an incredibly lovely stand up that thinks he's super deep.

Nick DiPaolo?

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Bennington is still a great show and I listen all the time

I got my friend to start listening to it because we had some 9 hour drive back from looking at the eclipse a couple months ago and he was dying at some of the bits

This was a really good bit recently that someone who no longer wishes to lead a public life was apparently not happy with lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GmLEZr0AZ0&t=4321s

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I still think Bennington is the best show I listen to but I haven't listened to cum town at all

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

jerkstoresup posted:

since nobody else posted it yet: Ronnie B vs guy who is only interested in reciting race statistics. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jfSr49VqJY&t=3339s

It's worth watching from the time Flaherty sits down, because all he does is sit silently and grit his teeth until he interjects with unrelated agenda. But the tension starts around 55 minutes. Anthony handled it terribly; should've either took a side, let them argue it out, or not have them together in the first place. Although this is the week his mother died, floundering without Artie and probably hungover.

lol this flaherty guy is such a massive prick

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
also laughin my rear end off at the idea that it's hard to go to jail in the loving USA, the country that has more of its citizens jailed by far than any other country in the world

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Loool

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Hahahaa

Pests, attack!!!!!!!!

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Oh man when he said I'm still hilarious and Ron didn't even look at him

Ouchhh

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
A lot of old Ron and Fez bits still crack me up, like the Ani DiFranco drop which got quite a lot of use during the early XM days

Also it blows my mind every time Harry T is in now which has been a couple times on Bennington because I thought all the poo poo about him being the worst super unfunny intern was like a total shoot and now I think maybe it was a work? Or I mean maybe he just stopped being awful but it's still crazy to me

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Morter posted:

I wish I could find the drop but it doesn't sound like Jim to me

It's Jim 100% I remember it happening

He was saying it in the context of like "gently caress ron bennington for being so funny"

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Have you heard A Filthy Christmas yet? Because man that is quite a thing by Staples

You see they're like normal Christmas songs

but they're filthy

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
so happy for ronnie b and his 90 year old dad right now

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Gail's boyfriend's dream came true!

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
They used to call up Billy Mitchell a ton on Special Delivery right?

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

spudsbuckley posted:

Opie has apparently signed a deal with Westwood One who are a nationwide media syndication company.

I can't wait for Opie's Mornin' Attitude!

lol poo poo everything they ever said about how dumb management is is true I guess

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
hoisted by their own retards, as someone here said I think

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
skippy kiss

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
how is earl's evolution report not in that list

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

magiccarpet posted:

https://youtu.be/T45hXfKXA9g

Peak R&F on XM was def The Midnight Rider saga

i called in a couple times during that period and ESD was screening calls in character as the midnight rider

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
frank watson is the best Fez bit imo

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Your Parents posted:

oh man i almost forgot about frank watson lol. not to mention the D-man

there wasn't a place for sexuality on the application so I just wrote OPENLY GAY all over it!!

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

ozza posted:

Why does that man not just retire and live off his millions? Why bother? I can only conclude that he somehow still believes he's talented.

he cant hide that talent away brutha hucka

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Lmao

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
They made something like 10 mil a year at sirius so yeah I mean he can be making a bunch but it'll be less than they were making at their peak

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I really like Bennington :shobon:

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Your Parents posted:

I honestly don't know if there's ever been anything like it either. Ron's admitted influence from Phil Hendrie but his fake callers creating real arguments stuff isn't really on the same level.

well there was Iris lol

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

ol yeller posted:

Last I heard he's doing fine in Tampa with his family.

his wife and kids?

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
he's really good at going with the bits

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
counterpoint about nick being good: nick dipaolo fuckin sucks and is bad

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
YOU'D ALL BE DEAD IF IT WASN'T FOR MY DOVID

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Morter posted:

Listen to the replay. :colbert:

haha oops, what's JKB tho I don't get it

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Morter posted:

Jewy Kike-burger

wasnt' the name anthony gave him Heebie Kikeberger though

he might have just repeated the bit with diff names i dunno

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Morter posted:

Edited for source right before you posted. And it's possible they used HKB. I'll have to listen to the bit again. JKB is the one I remembered though.

oh I was thinking of what anthony calls the actual ID4 character, nothing to do with Vos

he prob just did that bit more than once then