Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I guess DiPaulo used to be funny, but I don't need a loving comedian's hot-takes on politics if there aren't even any jokes. I could get his material from any other Fox News shut-in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

T Bowl posted:

As my friend said, people are paying more for his service than for Netflix content to hear a bunch of alt-righters spew distorted crime statistics and say how they are better than black people because of said statistics with mediocre jokes thrown in a bit.

Is East Side Dave still alive/not imprisoned?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I never listened to Ron & Fez before Fez locked up, but I'm assuming Ron actually progressed as a person from where he started, whereas the O&A crew seem to have halted any personal growth after their fame. I guess it worked for a long time though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

JB50 posted:

"I GO TO ATLANTA ALL THE TIME!!!!!" -Pete Dominick

SHAMPOO!

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

rest in piss artie

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I like Vos because he is a successful person working in a challenging field for someone with his disability.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Niwrad posted:

Artie looks much healthier.

Looks like a Artie's nose on Nick Dipaolo's head

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Kevyn posted:

Because it wasn’t a pattern of repeated behavior and also he didn’t brag about it on the radio every day and also no one cares about Opie

They both have the maturity level of teenagers, anyway. Made them rich in the 90s though.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Is it moreso calculated to pander to the audience that will have him, or what his dumb brain really believes?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Hey Earl

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Great Hair Club for Men reference

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

TL posted:

If I remember right, Shelby actually stood up to Ron one time on air and promptly got thrown out of the studio for it.

Is that after he called O&A has-beens?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

JFC posted:

Didn't he kill his girlfriend?

He allegedly threw her off a mountain

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Pontificating rear end posted:

Speaking of which, did anyone hear Black Earl on the radio yesterday when Chris called him out for not talking? He kept saying he was talking but everyone can hear he's not. And then he gets weirdly mad.

Yea it's great, it reminds me of Fez weirdness and has me questioning whether it's a work or not

washington

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Earl is the new Fez, right down to pointing out how he will "lock up".

"What does your family think you do for a living?"
"They know I work in radio..."
Earl, you've been doing this for how many years?

"Have you ever performed cunnilingus on a woman?"
"No, I have not" says the ~45 year old man.

He's so fascinating and bizarre and I'm digging him as the heel whether it's a work or not.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

big boi posted:

https://newrepublic.com/article/161200/alt-right-comedy-gavin-mcinnes-problem

I thought they would probably mention OnA in this, and this is the first paragraph lmao:

Sorry I don't read articles written by sex pests OR bird poets

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

He also leaves out how on Legion of Skanks, where he mentioned Gomez chased out some dude pointing out a Proud Boy in the audience... Because the dude was yelling out his disagreement with the politics of another member of the audience minding his own business and watching a live comedy podcast.

That Seth Simons guy is a creep, and this is a passe term but appropriate in this case, SJW comedy policing failed performer. His whole schtick is comedy police, he rose to whatever prominence he has by getting Shane "Trump Rules" Gillis cancelled from SNL. The little fucker couldn't help but shout himself out in the article for that. He's trying to curry favor from blue check marks to further his own career.

Cumia, Compound, and McInness loving suck and it's great I don't have to listen to them, and I believe all the stuff he said about the OnA forums because those maniacs make TheDonald.win posters look civilized. But gently caress that guy for stirring up poo poo for Legion of Skanks or Oakerson. I wouldn't lump them in with the alt-right. They aren't even political (with the exception of Dave Smith, whose politics suck, but hey, he's libertarian).

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Looks like Dave Landau traded in Anthony for a younger, hotter alt right sugar daddy. Seems fitting somehow.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeRGAuPzUnE

Just listened to this today, think I'd heard it before but really listened today. Just loving excellent, this and the Cookie show really capture how bizarre and hilarious Ron and Fez could be.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

why is the tv in the beautiful wood facade so small

how is this toaster oven so big

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Someone should reply to compound boss with the same post but it's these pics

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlUKJd8AkAs

Ended up listening to the Ron & Fez PennyStock Chaser contest, and was wondering how that company ended up.

PSC, PennyStockChaser, was a penny stock promotion company touting their picks for about a year.
The SEC has shut them down.

quote:

As alleged in our complaint, McKeown and Ryan used all the modern methods to communicate with investors including the PennyStockChaser website, e-mail, text messages, Facebook, and Twitter
yet failed to adequately communicate that their rosy predictions for touted stocks were
accompanied by their sales of those very same stocks.

Who could have guessed?

Do-do-do-do do-do-do-do

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Stefan Prodan posted:

Vos is funny imo

T Bowl posted:

Rich Vos is the definition of hack comedian.

Both true

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Gonzo McFee posted:

The secret is that they were always lame.

The money and notoriety only inhibited any future personality development

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Tr33 posted:

I mean when has anybody heard of a show where the host doesnt talk and when he does he cries. And you cant turn away because Ron's droppin killer lines and redirecting Fez's anger towards someone else in the room, which Fez would take entirely serious and build an instant grudge. Like what even is that???

Big Jay Oakerson was saying on the Bonfire yesterday how he walked in one day and Fez had a grudge against him for something. I remember hearing that show that week, it pops in my head a lot for some reason, it was really strange and I remember Jay being utterly perplexed and apologetic because he didn't know what he'd done to offend Fez. I think their show is where I first heard Big Jay.

He said he called Ron up at some point and asked if Fez still hated him, and Ron replied "Well, Fez doesn't ask me about you."

Smugworth fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Aug 17, 2021

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Cory Lidle posted:

It was probably this, which was ironically was the last thing he did before "retiring."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wH-ae7pNmE

Hm, you're probably right

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Good ol' Tony Two-Shirts

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

magiccarpet posted:

Ron's 'No' is incredible.

I feel like it's one of the few times I've seen him not sure whether to go for the joke or play it serious

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Bennington made the joke that Earl looked like the subway shooter the day it happened you dorks, no need to get all ornery about it

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Morter posted:

I was just being silly myself, also I don't listen to banting

Stop being so drat ornery!!

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I'm not gonna lie, I miss talking poo poo about Cumia. He's just so drastically irrelevant now that it's impossible. I did find this pretty loving funny though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mce1L_9GGAA

This guy has a few bangers so I threw the fat kid a sub

:kiss:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

JFC posted:

I'm glad I left before it got to that point.

Coincidentally, today was the seventh anniversary of the first Bennington show. They marked it by going around the room to talk about everyone's best moments of the past seven years, starting with Earl. Everyone started making GBS threads on Earl including the callers, and they never moved on to anyone else. As one person after another told stories (and even played clips) of Earl's weirdness and incompetence he of course flipped out, yelling at everyone. The only reason he even got on the show was because Gail had a baby and was out for months, and Ron needed another person to talk to besides Chris and Vito who were busy working the board and answering the phones.

Earl is the punching bag is my favorite bit

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

The pest fanbase
They deserve each other

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

JFC posted:

It Takes a Rube is also a masterpiece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrZ93pO2_8A

This and the Fez story behind it are my favorite

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

spider-pork, spider-pork

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Jim never had to grow up so of course he's a whiny baby about not being able to say his favorite naughty words

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Jesus. Never heard about the time Ron accidentally roofied Gail, with good reason I guess.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os-xpm-1995-07-01-9507010300-story.html

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Don't sleep on Robert Kelly's Valentine's cameo, they made fun of it on The Bonfire and called him up to explain himself and make fun of how he was only charging like $75 or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Earl is the new Fez dumbass
It rules when they bag on him or he says something monumentally stupid
"Hey Earl"