Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
Much as I hate pretty much all of Anthony's opinions, the fucker can be ludicrously funny. I can't say he was grandly funny during that segment, but on a scale he is so far above Opie as a speaker and comedian that it simply needs to be acknowledged. Really the best possible thing would be Patrice risen from the dead, calling them both sissies and proceeding to give them both poo poo for a good 3 hours. I want racist Gallagher comedy, just laid out against those two with brutal Patrice truth. Lacking Necro-Patrice I'll listen to Anthony rant about Opie and garner some enjoyment before I'll ever listen to more Opie. To be fair I won't be paying for either but drat I prefer a funny piece of poo poo over an unfunny one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
Norm is fairly conservative but seems more the religious type conservative as opposed to some kinda full frothing at the mouth loon trying to shove beliefs in your face. He's also comfortably funnier than like 98%+ of comics out there and is never super super offensive so I'd put him a bit off that list. Also he's possibly one of the greatest guests on any program I've ever seen or heard, his bit on the Adam Carolla radio show talking about Kenny Rogers songs is pure gold.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
Come on people just listen to The Bonfire, Big Jay and Dan are one of the best radio duos of all time and they have great guests. Just check out one of their best of's or something, poo poo they have Vos and his Vosiest.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
I will hold up Ben Bailey's set at the Patrice Roast as being the funniest thing I've ever heard. It is still wild to me that the dude from Cash Cab put out the greatest routine in roast history. If you can track it down it'll show you the kind of environment that group of comedians worked with, definitely gives poo poo some context.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
He looks like a jockey who stole his horse's teeth. Also drat Ben Bailey is so good on the Patrice roast.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."

Another Bill posted:

It's funny to me that Louis CK only talked about jerking off while locked in a small room with O&A

When the whole thing with Louis broke I remember just going yeah, doesn't everyone know he does that? He talked on air about calling help lines and jerking off to women's voices.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
Has Colin ever really hosed up? I mean the guy is annoying but I don't remember any scandals and the guy did make me laugh. I remember liking Jim Breuer as well, that Pizza Man story is some CLASSIC O&A poo poo.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
He really knows how to call out both Corsican pimps and Tunisian knife fighters, which is a rare talent these days

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."

Scratchman Apoo posted:

Jim Breuer has gone on to do less than great things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX9GzHdqviA

Ah damnit! At a minimum he didn't deserve that Pizza Man poo poo ruining his life for awhile but I hate seeing such a brute change :(

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
God drat if Back-Alley Tunisian Knife Fighter isn't one of the best insults I've ever heard. That bit with Colin and all of the Patrice Roast with Ben Bailey contains some of the greatest ever insults. I hold with Vos looking like a Jockey who Stole his Horses Teeth as the premium O&A period insult.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
drat I miss Patrice, he was the perfect contrast to Ant's utter insanity in that he was JUST similar enough to Ant to agree with him on poo poo but also call out how his racism was bullshit. Patrice always said he was racist and he called Ant out on the same. Ant vacillated depending on the day or different news stories but Patrice always caught him and made him realize it. poo poo, the O&A episode with Gallagher was a perfect summation of the whole thing, just pure acknowledgement of the insanity of racism while still engaging in it in a way that called it out. People are racist by and large, no matter which race they are or are against and when Ant just fell off into not realizing or accepting that he is racist as gently caress he just broke. The guy had a chance to come around and just threw his spaghetti at the wall.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
I've been on a look up the funny radio show kick, tracking down classics as it goes, and I just came across Louis C.K. vs Paul O about his dog poo poo movie. That is one of the most brutal beatdowns I have ever heard on radio. It's up there with Ben Bailey at the Patrice Roast on just pure honest hilariously deserved cruelty. Say what you will about Louis being a perv, he talked about jerking off in front of women on the show all the time and it was always creepy and hosed up and when it came out in wider public I remember thinking "Man that took awhile! He's been talking about that on the radio for like decades!". However Louis speaking solely as a film maker to Paul and just explaining how nonsensical and bullshit his movie was in simple measured moments was perfection. O&A was a show full with generally monstrous people but drat that hideous cruelty occasionally landed some incredible moments and I'm happy it existed. Shame about most everything about them now but that seems to be how comedy/fame goes.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."

TL posted:

Paul O: Kubrick would frame shots like this…

Louis: How dare you.

Louis just flipping out when he brought up Barry Lyndon just broke me. HE WENT TO NASA FOR THE LENSES YOU IDIOT

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
"Their hands look like guns!"

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
For a look back at more positive times the Jim Breuer Pizza Man story is always worth a listen. A look at better days for all those fuckers, both Jim's even sound vaguely sane.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
"Albino Seaturtle who accidentally swam out of it's shell and ended up on the beach dead."

I also like the insult at Vos of "He looks like a jockey who stole his horses teeth"

I can't say I expected the Cash Cab guy to have the greatest roast set in history.

Or poo poo just remembering a shot at Keith Robinson, "You took lil Kev under your wing and he ripped it off and flew away with it."

TGG fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jul 31, 2023

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
I still remember one episode, it had Patrice on it, I want to say it was the Gallagher episode, one of the best examples of racism out there. At some point Patrice is asking everyone, are you RACIST or RACIAL and everyone says RACIAL until Ant who just says, "Yeah I think I'm more racist" and everyone just accepts it and moves on. Ant has always been an immense racist it's just that the fucker had Patrice and others to keep him in check, where his insane racism was a legit aid at getting to the bottom of some hosed up views in society. He could have really made his racism work for him if he had a living Patrice and was also just not himself.

What I'm saying is gently caress that racist sack of poo poo, why did he have to be funny every now and then!

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
gently caress, the Ant/Patrice Blade in prison bit was incredible. "I'd like to say that Blade fought off the sisters" "It's 6 Cigarettes for the Blade Cut, 12 for the Demolition Man cause you know dye is expensive"

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
"Why didn't you just have Kris Kristofferson take you to your Blade lair?"

I almost drove over a median listening to that.

"You best not bite me when I'm sleep"

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
I went to Skank Fest and saw Vos and damned if one of his first jokes wasn't making GBS threads on Opie. I feel I was one of the few people who got the reference because noone else made a noise past my laughter. Vos still just HATES that fucker.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."

Morter posted:

Can you give any details on the joke(s)?

It wasn't much, just saying that he's happy that the show wasn't being run by a bunch of Opies, people at Skankfest were pretty fun, he then realized noone knew who the gently caress he was talking about, tried to explain it, said gently caress it and went into his bits. Some drat good crowdwork though. I was lucky to be right in front so I got some of his Gallagher show slobber insults hurled my way.

For all the faults the the Skankfest crowd, both comedian and listener, have, it was a drat fun show with not too much chaos. The final night they had a secret show where they just tore Bill Burr a new rear end in a top hat. Tony Hinchcliffe seems to HATE Burr and Joe Derosa did one of the best 10 minute riffs on Burr's material with one of the best impressions I've ever seen. I saw Cumia at one point but he was destroyed. Marc Maron is a fantastic dude to have a beer with and Ron White loving rocks.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."

Morter posted:

Ron White's hanging with that circle nowadays? That sounds kinda rad.

He just kinda popped up, dude was awesome regardless. I don't think it was planned at all but he went on after Jaime Kennedy (That dude is a loving rear end in a top hat, I'm not buying your rich rear end a shot you fucker) and completely turned everything around. Got like a 3 minute standing ovation, just chill as hell. He finished his set and said, "Alright if I end up on a stage again don't any of you assholes expect a new set. I'm too old and tired to give a gently caress, great being here though!"

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
At least with Tony it sounded like an issue with Bill business wise, he was flat dropping numbers of how much Bill pays people and how poo poo he is as a dude to work with. He reallllly realllly went in and it seemed to be primarily business based. No idea about DeRosa but he was incredible as an impressionist.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."

empty baggie posted:

Burr and DeRosa used to have a podcast, right? I remember liking what I heard. Never knew of any fallout between the two.

Yeah DeRosa didn't seem pissed, I think he just had the impression in the hat and pulled it out perfect. Tony was the bitchy one.

Also no phones were allowed but I know Mark Normand has some of it recorded because I saw him behind me filming.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
It is like some primal Ur-Joke, it's so horrible but it is just the essence of comedy. It Exists and things make more sense now.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."

Pontificating rear end posted:

I listened to Bobby Kelly on O&A for years but my entire image of him, in my head, is Louie's brother on his show where they have naughty binge-eating parties together

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ-Z1di-c58

I will admit, having seen Bobby twice, that fucker puts on a great show. I want to eat with that bastard! I also love Louie trying to explain Bobby to his kids during the Patrice memorial show, explaining how lovely Boston is and that's why he curses so much.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
I love that Lewis Black talked about Bobby Slayton before this poo poo came out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3qkRdLWNec

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."

Animal-Mother posted:

It was from Tough Crowd but "Jim takes the shape of whatever container you pour him in."

He looks like an albino sea turtle who accidentally swam out of his shell and washed up on the beach dead.

Also Vos looks like a jockey who stole his horses teeth.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."

TL posted:

Was it Colin who referred to Jimmy as looking like an unfinished clone?

I know he said Ant looked like a back-alley Tunisian knife fighter

Also a Corsican pimp.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."

Sankis posted:

was Danny the one that was like best buds with Anthony but then got fired for something and it was clear it was over since he was poo poo talking anthony

I remember Danny only from that bit where Patrice and Ant are riffing on him with Platton quotes. "Ya'll loved Stunt Brain"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
Comic630