Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Have you seen Sam?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Erock, comment?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Reddit is claiming this was a spot they wanted Opie to take, which makes it even funnier.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

That does nothing to explain who joe matarese is.

From what I've seen, he's an incredibly lovely stand up that thinks he's super deep.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Not ashamed to say I like Derosa. Saw him open for Patton Oswalt a couple years back and laughed my rear end off. Always thought him and Ant had good chemistry. Ah poo poo Ant has good chemistry with everyone, if only he could use his powers for good.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah I really don’t understand the high praise everyone in the biz has for Kindler.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Chip has a better show than Jim Norton

It's funny because Jim says he loves working with Sam and they have different chemistry but they talk like two coworkers who aren't that interested in each other and Sam brings nothing to the table.

If you listen to Norton on Rogan's podcast from this month he goes on and on about how great Ant is and how much he misses him. There's no reason for Sirius to extend the show for the salary Jim has.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

It’s more likely he doesn’t have a job and he paid for that tweet.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

You know I was going to laugh at Ant for paying Artie 750k for two months of work, but then I saw this and laughed harder because at least Ant is working. Opie is probably sitting around his house getting fat and trying to get gigs despite people not knowing him at all.

Are you telling me you’re not tuning into Opie’s hilarious “pop up shows” where he fake laughs at everything the Cuban does?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

https://www.reddit.com/r/cringe/comments/7umzlz/how_not_to_ask_about_someones_mother_being/

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Not sure but she wrote a XO Jane article and then forgot to log out and sign in as her burner account when she wrote a comment defending herself from the voice of a different person.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah I thought the O and A Reddit was cool when they were making GBS threads on Opie. Then they had all this drama with Anthony and they were still justified and now they just want to burn it all down.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah Jim and Sam have no chemistry and Sam genuinely brings nothing to the table. Jim is super disinterested in the show, and Sam thinks he the future of Radio when his only passion is wrestling.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I haven’t listened to it but heard it sounds like Opie fake drives because of the sound quality and dumb fake stuff like the seat belt chime going off at the end of the ride and Opie making a comment about needing to buckle in.

Opie never made it past the early 90s.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Didn’t they raise the sub price to pay for Artie? Hahaha

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

He would be Weaze's apprentice for the rest of his life if he never found Anthony.

The Dave fucked around with this message at 23:58 on May 31, 2018

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

He also took $60k of their money and then never did anything with it or mention it again.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Agreed, Opie never did anything good so there’s no down fall or disappointment. Maintained a baseline level of sad and unfunny.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Stokes posted:

What the gently caress, is this real?

Edit: Do you know how stupid both I and Sam have to be for me to believe this for like a split second?

Imagine, if for a second, thinking that Sam Roberts could impose physical will on any other living thing.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Tony Soprano dating Pepper Anne is one of the funniest loving things I've ever heard in my life.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Appears to be the rumor through some quick googling. Opie's cohosts will do anything to get away from him.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

It actually is a pretty amazing time to sell, prices are going way up and I’ve heard three stories now of friends from all different regions getting multiple offers above asking almost immediately after their open houses.

We pushed my mother in law to increase her price by $20k and she still had 7 offers in 24 hours.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

They must have forgotten to include the Opester's comments in the trailer.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

HPJoker posted:

Edit: I'm stunned Cum Town/Mullen/Stavvy/Adam didn't get any flack in the Simons piece.

I’m only a light cum guzzler but don’t they all have pretty decent, left leaning morals? Granted Nick loves racially charged humor but theyre all Bernie bros and I assume pretty against compound media.

I know stav was also raising money for Black Lives Matter causes during the height of the social justice initiatives this summer.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Cumia being south of the Mason Dixon makes the most sense.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Imagine being so lovely that you make Cumia look better in comparison.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

https://twitter.com/OpieRadio/status/1527244249045032961?s=20&t=XJ7b0vSc-0REk85XLht6GQ

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

GHB was a big high school drug around here. Booze took effort and weed is obvious so in a pinch it worked very well

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Stare-Out posted:

Jim is such a loving worm

Woah that's so weird a 10 year old post showed up at the end of the thread.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

No thank you.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

The video does not appear to have been taken down?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

The fact that Opie’s mentor and idol is Brother Wheeze really tells you everything about him.