Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Since the Audible contract expired I've been listening to Bennington on the Sirius App. I initially signed up for the trial 2 weeks ago and was going to subscribe once the trial finished but I still have access to everything. How long does the trial last? And what is the cheapest sub I can get without having a radio? I just want to use the App on my iPhone, I'm not buying any hardware.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

whoever coined 'Opiate and Anthony' is a loving genius.

That should really be in the thread title instead of Artie Lange & Antwan Kumiya.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
The true descent into madness will be when The Radio Report (Opie) trolls OpieRadio (Opie) into killing himself. Can't wait for that one.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

The Dave posted:

From what I've seen, he's an incredibly lovely stand up that thinks he's super deep.

Joe Derosa?

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
I can tell you this about Bennington, Ron is an insufferable moody prick when Gail isn't around to balance him out. She wasn't in today and the first half of today's show was nigh unlistenable. Nigh I say.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

Morter posted:

Care to say what gets him moody? Politics? Bad staff? Terrible opinions from callers?

I think it's just doing the show by himself. Chris and Vito couldn't do anything right according to him, anything anyone said wasn't the answer to his question, and every topic they discussed his hot take was "this is stupid". It reminded me of latter day Ron & Fez when he'd get sick of carrying the show and just make everyone else miserable since he was.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
A warning if you plan on listening to today's Bennington show: when a lady calls in and says, "Can i read something to you that i wrote?" just turn off the show at that point. If you don't it's your own fault for listening; I warned you fucktard.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

If there is one thing you can be sure of in this world it's this.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Looking great.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

To Battle posted:

Remember the camera adds about 10 pounds.

How many did he eat?

wokka wokka

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

Morter posted:

Clay: Let me tell you something, Anthony. Let me tell ya somethin: If I was me, right? Wh-which I am, because you're you, then you would say that. You know what I mean?

:roflolmao:

WNEW O&A was the all time best era for O&A.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

It's also unlistenable today.

Yeah. It's the same with 90s, pre-divorce Howard Stern)

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
U-bet!

Which way, medium or well done?

JFC fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Feb 4, 2018

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Tomorrow's Bennington is going to be nuts. Anyone know which team Chris Stanley bet on?

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
A surprise guest on today's Bennington show: Vito's mom Leslie show's up to challenge Chris Stanley to Godfather trivia Great show today.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Opie: "________, or is it pronounced ________? Some people say ________, while others say ________"

No Opie, there is only one way to pronounce the word. It's the second one. You just don't know how to pronounce it so you're guessing and everyone looked at you weird when you first said it. That poo poo used to annoy me about Opie even before he became dead weight.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Is that what he really has?

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
I've tried to go back and listen to some of the old Fez meltdowns, but having listened to them all when they originally aired, I just can't do it. It's so frustrating and infuriating to me that i can't get more than a minute in without shutting them off.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Gail isn't going to Moontower with the rest of the Bennington crew because she's on the no fly list.

She's pregnant and isn't flying

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Surprise caller on Bennington today. Let's just say he no longer lives a public life.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
This is one of the few Fez bits I can still listen to since he's actually going along with the bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hN3FGRo2k6I

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Sometimes the O&A subreddit has some good stuff.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

beep by grandpa posted:

Realtalk, can Artie's name get removed from the thread title? Even the Opster is more deserving at this point. Artie's done and he's never coming back.

This.

He'll probably kill himself when he gets sentenced, or at least try to again. There's no way that big guinea mama's boy will show up to court and face the music. He'll pussy out and try to end up in the hospital or a psych ward rather than do any time.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I forgot how good the Mike Schmidt clip is

Not as good as the George Brett poo poo story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PseNrUeSmXk

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Janice died. :(

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

beep by grandpa posted:

Is that Scott's wife?

Wrong thread. This is Janice from Chicago, regular caller on the Bennington show. I assume you were referring to Scott the Engineer from the Stern show?

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Apparently Bennington is moving to Faction and changing timeslots. This move sucks, and that station is pure poo poo.

https://twitter.com/BenningtonShow/status/1012731103940104193

JFC fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jul 8, 2018

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

So is Bennington on Audible? Cause I had a free Audible month but gently caress if I can find anything that isn't 4 years old or more.

Not anymore. The audible deal was with XM, so it stuck around post-merger but stopped a few years ago once the contract was up. I have an Audible sub and used to listen to Bennington through that, but now I have a SiriusXM online sub.I pretty much only listen to Bennginton, You Up with Nikki Glaser, and First Wave. It's still worth the $9 per month.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

BrandonGK posted:

What's with these bitter middle Italians thinking we want to pay them money to listen to them rant about blacks?

Who knew you could make a living off Staten Island subs alone?

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
And they booked Opie to try to help?

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

Kevyn posted:

He needed TWO ghostwriters?

Those aren't ghosts, they're Klan hoods.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Ant's jokes are so dated and repetitive that his book cover calls back to "Gonna 'Electric Shock OJ", the thing that brought him and Pilot Fish Joe to Opie in the first place.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

Kevyn posted:

“The Rise And Fall... And Continuous Downward Spiral” would be a more accurate and also more appealing subtitle

Surprised he didn't call it "My Struggle".

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
https://streamable.com/saz4n

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

theirs*

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
I feel lucky compared to most of you; I stopped listening to O&A in 2011, so I feel like I got out just in time to not have to endure the worst of it. I'd had enough of racist Anthony so I started fast forwarding his rants, and what I was left with to listen to from Opie and Jim wasn't funny at all so I bailed. I've enjoyed watching everyone else turn their backs on the show over the years, so they still gave me that entertainment at least.

As I've gotten older Bennington is more my speed. I genuinely enjoy the Ron and Gail dynamic after years of insane Fez.

JFC fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Aug 4, 2018

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
The O&A subreddit does a good job of trolling Ant daily.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

beep by grandpa posted:

Louie's not a dangerous predator like matt lauer, cosby or weistein he's a creepy sex pervert with a really pathetic fetish that made him look like a huge loser lol he'll be back in the same way Letterman came back

That's probably why Jim has disassociated from him and poo poo on him so much: because being a creepy sex pervert with a pathetic fetish is how Jim sees himself and he has so much self loathing he can't have any empathy for Louis. It doesn't have much to do with Louis, it has a lot more to do with Jim.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

Apoplexy posted:

I'm out of date, then. I thought he was only in the first episode of the first season, but apparently he was in the second that just aired as well.

His storyline is basically the real Artie: he's a junkie that is unreliable and comes in and out of Pete's life from time to time. He's been in a bunch of episodes and has been a significant part of Pete's arc as a couch-surfing comedian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

Morter posted:

(what'd he do this time lmfao)

Twitter is going after users that have been suspended before, but created other accounts to get around the suspension. Twitter is now trying to permaban them since circumventing a suspension (whether it is a week, month, or permanent) is against their terms of service. AnthonyCumiaCM has been banned but Ant still has his Corrado Soprano gimmick account that he's using to bitch about Twitter policy. The O&A subreddit is trying to get that one banned too.

Anthony is going to go insane from this. He'll do anything so he doesn't have to be alone with his own thoughts. He even sleeps with the tv on so he doesn't have to be self-reflective, he's said so before. I predict a bullet in the head soon for Nana Cumia.