Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Oh I cannot wait.

Too bad he probably made his money back for his lovely gig from whatever the show paid him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

I mean at this point it's probably more news worthy when he's not, right?

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

I was just reminded that the "Opie and Anthony Traveling Virus Comedy Tour" existed and similarly reminded how bad a name "traveling virus" was. That had to be Opie's idea, right?

edit: i wish more about how lovely the CBS era was had come out. Or did it? I only ever heard the Jimmy being reduced to a few shows a week thing.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

Anthony trying to do a serious show reminds me of Dennis on Always Sunny in the episode where he did a podcast, just more racist.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

That period in like 2006 when Jimmy was away in LA filming lucky louie may be one of the better periods of O&A. Bill Burr and Patrice rotating in every week or so.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

I cannot possibly imagine that comedy central would sign something like that.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

Gonzo McFee posted:

It rules that Jimmy for all his bluster and anger and acts of being really damaged he's just a suburban white kid who's afraid of everything.

Is he still terrified of the idea of going even remotely near europe?

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

Morter posted:

Random question: Which jocktober show started with the announced giving the quip "If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?!" before introducing the hosts? I want to relive that moment.

I wonder if there's a compilation of every "O&A attack another show" segment. There were a LOT, even outside of Jocktober. I remember there was a segment where they made fun of a show that played some god awful "Hell no to h20!!" parody song. It's been like 12 years and it still pops into my head sometimes.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

I just had a weird bit of nostalgia while watching something on YouTube and I suddenly remembered a thing they did on O&A in like 2010 where they listened to their live stream on the air as it looped over and over. Does anyone remember what I'm talking about?

I haven't listened to anything O&A related for years but the nostalgia is currently strong at the moment despite my better judgment. Are there any good online archives to trawl for old shows or anything?

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

I think it is. Cool! Thanks. All I remember about it is that at the time I heard it I was playing Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts and also that I liked it.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

sometimes when I'm just doing something else the name of a random radio show or bit that appeared on jocktober will just pop into my head. today's were "wild and fee" and "hell no to h2o"

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

I don't remember anything but the concept and that it was over a couple days with an overnight show included, but the "Fez is remaining silent"/Mandog bit was good.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

Are there any sites still around that have old R&F or O&A rundowns or summaries? I'm bored, unemployed, playing a lot of video games that go well with listening to poo poo. I also recently discovered that archive.org somehow has the complete run for both R&F and O&A to download and i'm feeling VERY nostalgic. I don't really have anything in mind (except, perhaps, the R&F silent fez saga or some of the old walkover stuff for O&A) and just wanted to maybe spark a few memories.

edit: there's also a 270 gig torrent of all the R&F episodes around. Interesting...

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

drat, that loving rules. Thanks a lot.

I wonder if there's anything remotely comparable for O&A. This is kind of incredible. I was expecting to have to trawl old forums.

Sankis fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Aug 24, 2020

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

I remember years ago there was an archive of the jocktober segments for the first couple years. Did anyone ever do one for ALL of them? Something I can download would be ideal.

I guess I could also just download all the O&A shows in october from 08 to... 12ish.

edit: all the making GBS threads on scott and todd that I think culminated on scott coming on the show after he got let go was so good.

Sankis fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Oct 21, 2020

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

The show(s) with Fez not talking (before that was a thing) and being Ron's Mandog were also good

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

empty baggie posted:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottking/2021/06/23/why-siriusxm-needs-to-lock-down-jim-and-sam-with-a-long-term-deal/

Am I wrong in remembering that Forbes online has been accused of pay to play type stuff in the past?

My understanding for most of those /sites/personname forbes things is you somehow sign up (maybe even pay?) and then you get a small cut of the ad revenue. Anything not on the forbes site proper is effectively a blog

Sankis fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Jul 7, 2021

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

smarxist posted:

oh my god, the giant tip for the steak dinner lol

gently caress i really need to listen to some old r&f stuff again. Is this poo poo all on YouTube at this point?

rip fezzie

edit: gently caress it. maybe i just find and download the entire XM run of Ron and Fez. That's gotta be somewhere, right?

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

the funniest thing jim norton ever did was hitch his career to jay leno just as jay leno became the most hated man in comedy.

edit: getting called out by steve martin for being a sniveling little coward was also funny

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

Kevyn posted:

The other day ”I earned that cake!” popped in my head.

That video pops back up on reddit every couple years. It's always funny to watch the reactions.

As for me, sometimes i get a random "SLOBBO!"

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

Stotty posted:

I just assumed, given the slight peek behind the curtain we got after Fez passed away, that was 100% a work.

I think it was maybe Paul MCartney didn't stop to do the O&A show? I just figured it was a tongue-in-cheek jab at them because they seemed tremendously offended that he didnt do their show.

Going back to the Earl talk, i just started listening to some really early XM shows. Jan 2006 and Ron and Fez are already fed up with Earl's screw ups, 3 months in to the gig. It's amazing he lasted as long as he did. Everything from organisation to production pieces and booking guests. He was discussing his upcoming employee review and though he deserved something like a 10-15% pay raise after 3 months in the job.

Followed this immediately with the Grammy recording incident.

Such a thoroughly odd man.

Is there a site with the R&F archives these days? Archive.org was pretty barren when i last looked

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

Armitage posted:

a black man being elected president really did gently caress with a lot of people's brains. Ant's on-air personality seemingly changed overnight.

Absolutely the mask came off almost immediately. Though we should remember that even before the election there was a running gag that Ant was a nazi

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

lol he's been going at it for like 10 years now and only has 145k subs on YouTube

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

Where can one see this? Is it just on their site or on the weird pay channel they have

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

Twitter views have been inflated greatly to try to trick advertisers and Opie still gets less than 7,000 lol

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

I've been thinking about The Fugitive myself. The Bobo stuff but also Patrice, I think, roasting Opie for pronouncing it like Futurtive

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

It is very funny how bad the bets both Bob Kelly and Norton made were. Bob Kelly glommed onto Dane Cook and Jim onto Jay Leno in the time immediately following the Leno/Conan stuff

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

apparently i replied to that FIFTEEN YEARS AGO. Jesus.

my comment was "Terrible"

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

they both must be starting to run out of money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

was Danny the one that was like best buds with Anthony but then got fired for something and it was clear it was over since he was poo poo talking anthony