Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Skip My Posts posted:

People who think I'm a creepy retard for supporting people I don't like being doxxed are snowflakes

It means you're a fascist or something and I'm allowed to hit you I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Giga Gaia posted:

The Opster got hit by another wave?

I just listened to the paralyzed opie clip yesterday for the first time in a very long time and it's still one of the greatest bits of all time. Especially with how butthurt he is for "sorry for sharing the scariest moment of my life" lol

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

CrashCat posted:

I really, really don't want to put "cum town" into a search engine

Do it when your parents aren't home

Protip: and delete your search history when you're done so you don't get caught XD

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I can't believe Artie couldn't keep his commitments to do a daily radio show.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Idk how some of you have been on the internet this long and haven't figured out by now that 95% of anything of decent or above quality will have an insufferable fan base & keep getting surprised by this fact

Edit: this isn't directed at the post above, my man

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Avoiding something you know is Good because of its fan base for something whose content isn't generated by its fanbase (thus you never have to interact with it) is extremely stupid

But I'm from Philly so my fanbase tolerance threshold is probably inhumanly strong

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

They both got away with literal and metaphoric murder because they're rich and semi-famous, morality has nothing to do with it

OJ Simpson, in the 90s, was categorically not "semi famous" my man.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

He can't not get banned either, twice now. Twitter sucks and is a big giant political clique circlejerk.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Skip My Posts posted:

didnt lowtax gets suspended by twitter

perma'd twice

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

spudsbuckley posted:

He made a new account and it got suspended in less than an hour.

That can apparently get you permanently banned from Twitter as well.

Same exact thing that happened to lowtax. Twitter loving sucks.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Morter posted:

Rather not give the fucker a click, knowing how desperate he's looking for em. Is it at all entertaining to anyone?

Youtube algorithms/adsense doesn't care about clicks but engagement/time watched so click away and downvote

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Reince Penis posted:

Hopefully this is the wake up call Artie needs to get his life straightened out.

Rofl

Good one

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

spudsbuckley posted:

Keith is backpedaling now and saying it was also to cover bandwidth etc. so the price will still stay the same even though Artie is gone.

Bamboozled by a trickster!

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Realtalk, can Artie's name get removed from the thread title? Even the Opster is more deserving at this point. Artie's done and he's never coming back.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Stare-Out posted:

I mean yeah, but the weird thing is that Chip+Ant makes the show listenable to me yet on the occasion that Ant's shittiness rears its head it gets pretty insufferable. It's frustrating to have such a brilliant, quick and funny person riffing with Chip who can turn on a dime and remind you that he's a complete piece of garbage.

This is so true it hurts. If you want a good time, go look up o&a "big laugh" compilations. They're like 90% ant saying things to jimmy and god it's a great time. My fav is the one set up by jimmy saying he is afflicted by "AHBS: adorable, huggable boy syndrome". Ant's timing on his retort is just nothing short of perfection. Why's his brain gotta be so broke tho :sigh:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Is that Scott's wife?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

JFC posted:

Wrong thread. This is Janice from Chicago, regular caller on the Bennington show. I assume you were referring to Scott the Engineer from the Stern show?

Yes, man I just can't post today. Yeah his wife is super sick with cancer and they're doing a fundraiser for her and things were looking bad last update :(

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I don't know either but I'm glad I read it

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Can someone find a clip for me? It's of Patrice and Anthony talking about pilot/airplane experiences and one of them had a story of the intercom being left on while something was wrong with the plane and the sounds of buzzes were freaking everyone the hell out on the plane.

They started playing with the idea of the intercom being left on during other poo poo and the biggest laugh from me came from when Anthony got his megaphone and started mimicing a plane going down and over the intercom you just hear, in a calm computer voice, PULL UP. PULL UP. PULL UP. I was loving dying listening to this. I had it bookmarked and the clip on youtube was just called "Patrice & Anthony talk about airline pilots" but the link doesn't work anymore :( (dead link). Had a good time watching my older brother doubled over laughing at this over the winter & want to show it to my coworker, but I can't really remember what else they were talking about leading up to the bit.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Should the thread title be updated again to reflect Artie's departuer and Opie's reanimate corpse

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

BrandonGK posted:

Meanwhile in "things that totally happened" news:

https://twitter.com/OpieRadio/status/1022270746897338370

Lol
https://twitter.com/OpieRadio/status/1022840215029915648?s=19

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

2 likes

One for each show he helped

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Louie's not a dangerous predator like matt lauer, cosby or weistein he's a creepy sex pervert with a really pathetic fetish that made him look like a huge loser lol he'll be back in the same way Letterman came back

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Then he won't have to worry about that since no one has ever alleged that he raped or even touched anyone

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Odddzy posted:

Although I don't like some of the things that Patrice would say, I never could deny the guy spoke from a place of honesty and it made listening to conversations with him hugely entertaining. it's probably what also made him so destructive towards his career but at around the same time he died, Burr was becoming something bigger than just a standup and probably could've brought patrice with him. I feel like the way Burr approaches Standup was influenced by Patrice and his way of saying bluntly what he believed.

100%

watch clips of him on Conan, he is funny as gently caress and makes the audience sooo uncomfortable but he commands the room so well you can tell people want to laugh and are trying not to, haha. Patrice had the same power.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I was at a comedy show in Philly last night and a dude a few rows in front of me was wearing an Artie Lange & Anthony Cumia Show t-shirt and I had so many feelings and questions about it

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

God damnit I miss Patrice

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

If you're not sure how true anything Patrice said about relationships was listen to him on that show talk to any woman and marvel at how fast every single one of them goes from completely disgusted/offended to wanting to gently caress this fat nigga directly through the phone

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

RIP

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Donald who?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/billburr/status/1060976600504811520?s=19

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Yeah this is really great so far. I just got home from work and tuned in. Been going about 2 hours now. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suSqW0qW6nU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

CrashCat posted:

i enjoyed it because i didn't really like the people he was loving over, and he was skilled at it. but then it turned out nobody was left to gently caress over and that was the end

"The Hunter is nothing without the hunt"
-Illidan Stormrage, World of Warcraft (2007)

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

JFC posted:

Can we remove this loving loser from the thread title. He doesn't have anything to do with Ant, Opie, Jim, Sam, or the Bennington Show.

Did a witch curse him?

He is slowly turning into his madtv babe the pig sketch costume.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Skip My Posts posted:

He’s afraid of needles lol

To be fair though you could hurt yourself with a needle by accident

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

happy dew year

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Smugworth posted:

rest in piss artie

lol if you think artie will ever loving die

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I was just listening to this and laughing my rear end off

https://twitter.com/deathtrips_/status/1094375063577612288

made me think of those clips going around like 2 years ago I think of someone doing the same thing to Opie's voice and they were loving hysterical. Anyone have those? I don't even know what to search for to find them cause I remember their titles being intentionally very indescript. I think there were 3 clips total.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I've had my funny artie died post ready for like 5 years but he's gonna, for sure, outlive this forum and maybe even me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

What % of the thread title is still accurate these days?