Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Just watched a youtube documentary on Cumia after ignoring him since he got fired. Christ... I didn't realize he was literally employing Nazis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Is Artie dead?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Gross

https://twitter.com/katewillett/status/1314273091086888960

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/murderxbryan/status/1377326122724171781

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/BrianPMccarthy/status/1422353827576090625

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Skulk Hogan posted:

Ant is so goddamn pathetic. I really cant believe how lame the whole loving crew is now.

They always were and previous me who enjoyed their show was super loving lame too.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I'm really sad about Fez. He seemed like such a gentle soul.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Is this still the Artie thread? He put out a new episode of his podcast for the first time in over a year but didn't address where he's been for the last year.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://youtu.be/8cfjj80O7ic

Lmao

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Jul 31, 2023

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/clip/UgkxMCFZzbmA2_KlOIGK4zr9IBoDQDiyp_fP

Looks like there is a Vice doc coming out about O&A vs Stern lol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

It doesn't sound like Opie or Anthony were interviewed for it and there is zero chance they talked to Howard.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Disappointing Pie posted:

To me it always felt like Howard could give less than a poo poo about them and they were no more a nusicance than a fly in the studio and that drove O&A bonkers.

Nah I think howard actively disliked them. They were bigger than he was in NY and Boston for a while. He wouldn't have got out of his way to gently caress with them behind the scenes if he didn't care about them at all.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Odddzy posted:

Howard would ban guests that did O&A from his show I believe. I kinda wonder sometimes if that's why Gilbert couldn't get on the air anymore.

Didn't the woman who was running Howard's channels just not like Gilbert? I don't think that was an O&A thing....

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Howard admitted that he went to the bosses to get them to stop talking about him.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

smarxist posted:

I honestly don't even know or even if I care at this juncture. 80% of everything we heard was Opie griping on the air about poo poo, so if there are corroborations or photos or whatever great, but also :nallears: I don't have any energy left in me for talkwars lol.

Even if Stern was telling management to tell them to keep his name out of their mouth, hey whatever. They obviously came out of the gate gunning to "take him down" or whatever and use his name and whatever reactions as a way to try and boost their own profile. The long sessions bitching about ratings numbers, markets, back office poo poo, and Opie's grudge were the worst parts of a show that was doing literally the funniest loving poo poo ever whenever Opie wasn't ruining it. Opie sucked, gently caress Opie, all of his best moments are sociopathic cringe in retrospect.

You shouldn't care at all. The whole thing is just funny.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

This documentary is good. It has Mancow crying in it lol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I highly recommend the Vice show on shock jocks if only for the Mancow content

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The youtube algo wants to show me a video of Anthony and Gavin McInnis talking about the Blind Side controversy. I'm sure that is a great watch...

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

i don't know what the context of this is but lol

https://twitter.com/RayDuhVito/status/1703917988007596172

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/OpieRadio/status/1704667448165777763

Opie is following Anthony into politics I guess.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

He died?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Two Kings posted:

He’s in the hospital with some sort of heart blockage. I would guess he’s getting a stent put in.

Oh he's not gonna die then lol. That is a very routine thing.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Two Kings posted:

Does Opie attend the funeral? Does he even send flowers?

no yes

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

mark immune posted:

Ron had a great appearance where he walked off ants show, but he’d pay his respects I bet

I just watched this video for the first time in a while and it's INSANE. He has ron and this guy who is very racist and upset about black crime and Ron absolutely undresses this guy. You can see how embarrassed Ant is.... It's amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSeeNJaPhm0

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Oct 5, 2023

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/VDice23/status/1746702813525119041

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

You missed the best part!

https://twitter.com/OpieRadio/status/1776287171382530149