Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
So Artie Lange is worth a 40% price hike apparently? Wowzers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Lovechop posted:

has opie killed himself yet

He still has millions..... he's good.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Lovechop posted:

i don't think he cares about money. what opie actually wants is to be loved, to be famous + relevant and have a huge hit viral video. not much chance of that happening now

Then he can facebook live/periscope his suicide off the Brooklyn Bridge.. that will trend/be viral/make him more famous. PROBLEM SOLVED OPSTER!

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Yeah they probably had no real role or use for him anymore and he would never accept the lower pay they'd offer him to go be a Jim & Sam grunt.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Apparently his salary was 250k... that is RIDICULOUS. That is about 5x the level a normal producer at Sirius makes. No wonder he is gone.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Two Kings posted:

Radio produces are making 50 grand in NYC? Wow. Don't go into radio kids.

Granted this was nearly a decade ago but East Side Dave quit because he was making 35k a year to produce and be second mic on Ron and Fez and they would not budge on a pay raise.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bA5kZG0X7M

Don Wicklin probably clears 250k honestly.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Artie is in the hospital for drug use.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

An Enormous Boner posted:

This was like 2 months ago and misleading headlines made it sound like it was more recent (current).

Yeah I heard it from dumbo Jason Ellis when I got in my car before changing the channel.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
How have the Benningtons been doing?

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Rape Stink posted:

Great if you like hour long discussions of classic rock albums

I laughed at this, good job. I think I will listen to them on the drive home today. Name some classic album reviews of classic albums they've done recently?

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
I hope Rich Vos dies one night when he forgets to take out his dentures, has bruxism, chips a tooth out, and chokes on it.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
I don't feel sorry for him, trying to be "talent" in radio is a huge gamble and you're never secure in your job unless you reach the peak. He is a no name comic who was probably lucky to have his slot.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Yeah but it's the same structure, ratings or you get shafted.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Perhaps, no clue. I just know I can't imagine Kevin Brennan being much of a draw.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Yeah I think SiriusXM learned with the Bannon fiasco that the risk/reward for a has been racist to shoot off some jokes for a few hours on a second rate ghost of his former show probably points to playing it safe and keeping him the gently caress away.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

empty baggie posted:

Westwood One distributes Rush Limbaugh, right?

No, Premiere Networks.

Westwood One's versions of Limbaugh are Mark Levin and Michael Savage. They do Stephanie Miller and Thom Hartmann too though (libs).

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
He's a loving moron and that line is pathetic.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
piehole, cakehorn, what's the difference.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W42I64IqMU8

lol

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

ol yeller posted:

running on empty food... review!

Sam does look like the long nail type.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Just going to leave this here from after Opie got fired:

https://twitter.com/Fezshitter/status/883015052755972096

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Bum the Sad posted:

It's the second most listened to show on the platform right? They're idiots.

I just want to say I really enjoy Jim and Sam. I like Sam and Travis together and Jim is well Jim, I pretty much listen to every show to completion these days. I drive an hour a day so that takes care of half of it then I usually finish up the second half with my air pods in as I get home and unwind. The only thing that pisses me off right now is we aren't getting loving Ant in every couple weeks.

Whoever said it's second most is lying, they don't give out the numbers. I wouldn't even think it would be in the top 5 at this point, there are a lot of other big name programs people listen to on SiriusXM. Like zero women listen to them, and there are a bunch of real popular women's talk shows as well, not to mention Dr. Laura.

It's also mostly bad, the talks are forced and stale, they spent over an hour on Wrestlemania and then the UFC on Monday, and then laughed about Rob Ford for like 45 minutes today.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Good, he was poo poo.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
This is basically the response to him getting booted:

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

spudsbuckley posted:

Eh, I liked Nick even if his show could be a bit one note.

At least he wasn't as middle of the road as Norton and Sam or as loving objectively awful as Ellis or the Scottish guy that can't do radio or Covino and Riches Mornin' Attitude hackfest.

The channel line up was poor already and they just got rid of the only show that actually had its own voice.

See, the thing is, both sides like to poo poo on moderates but what the gently caress is wrong with being middle of the road? (i'm not at all myself, but I get seeing both sides and not being a wing nut.)

Also it's a meh lineup but "own voice" is kind of silly, it was to make you laugh, not spew partisan politics for 85% of the show... that's why they offer a lot of political channels and if you're right wing literally turn on your AM/FM stereo and have at it for free.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
...of course it was staying the same price, you never lower prices for media subs like that.. they only go up. Maybe he will throw some deals out though if people cancel like SXM does... which is a smart business practice.

As my friend said, people are paying more for his service than for Netflix content to hear a bunch of alt-righters spew distorted crime statistics and say how they are better than black people because of said statistics with mediocre jokes thrown in a bit.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
They canned a woman morning talk show host "Wake Up With Taylor", I don't think they were ever giving her the salary they were giving O&A but she started her own live morning show and charges like $5 a month a co-worker told me and she's already had like 15k people sign up and said she's making way more than she ever did at SiriusXM.

If Anthony has 10k subs at $15 a month that's 150k a month and his costs for running the poo poo probably aren't even a third of that.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Skip My Posts posted:

cool made up stuff

K, glad your name is what I'll be doing in the future.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Opie got hammered by some podcast that reviews podcasts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXUC2jY7_kQ

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
And Jim would be living in a poo poo part of Jersey doing stand up to rooms of 50 people in places like Hanover, PA, Utica, NY, Worcester, MA, etc.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
rip

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3858733&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=99#post485257588

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

JB50 posted:

How is that related to this thread?

spudsbuckley, stupid

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Oh sorry this dead thread is so blooming with content a regular getting an 11 year probation in a funny way is loving cluttering up our poo poo maaan, FAWK YEA

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

JB50 posted:

Judy gold embarrassed herself even worse. Overall the roast is good for a few chuckles, I saw it on youtube LOL.

Hell, same

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
But Pancakes House was so good...

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

a bitchin jetski posted:

Nick DiPaolo is charging something like 30 bucks a month for his new podcast/show.

I like Nick but I'm just going to steal it if he doesn't drop the price a good amount

That's a Hulu, Netflix, and Spotify account combined. Pathetic.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
We Hate Movies is the best. I'm going to their Baltimore recording for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Ellis put up on his Instagram that he quit radio but deleted it and is still at Siriusxm as far as I can tell.