Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
Check out that farmhouse. Anything interesting inside?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Had we turned left instead, we may have encountered something like this...
Let's head into the woods.

RudeCat
Aug 7, 2012

The rudest cat for the rudest jobs

No sense letting anything go to waste, let's fill our pockets in the farmhouse.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Where do I go now? I'm wearing leather pants and Flying from the Dark, Where do I go now?

A Farmhouse!

This is the knocking song, I'm knocking on a door. Knock knock knock, knock knock knock, knock forevermore!

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Look the farmhouse.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Comstar posted:

Look the farmhouse.
It's the popular choice.

Flight from the Dark posted:

Kicking open the door, you dive into the farmhouse. A Kraan soars overhead, letting out a shriek of victory, a victim hanging in its claws. Getting to your feet, you find yourself alone. But propped against the fireplace is a Warhammer. You may take this Weapon if you wish.
Healing: +1 EP (24/28)

I'm going to add a house rule at this time, that if a weapon seems like it would fit in our backpack we can store it there and carry an extra one. So the question here is, do we want this warhammer, and if so, do we want to replace our axe, replace our dagger, or put the dagger in our backpack? Or we could just leave the warhammer here, of course.

Then it's on to the real decision: Do we want to rest here a while, move on immediately, or make a thorough search of the house?

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
Search the house

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
LOOT the house.

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Lvl 62, +5 meadow defense
Search the house.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
No hammer (we ain't worthy), search the house .

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

OK, everyone seems to want to search the house and no one seems to care about the warhammer.

Most of the cupboards and drawers are empty. Whoever lived here took nearly everything they owned with them, but you do manage to scrape together enough fruit in the cellar for one Meal. You may mark this on your Action Chart.
Healing: +1 EP (25/28)
Not of much value to us since we have Hunting, but we may as well take it since we have plenty of space in our backpack.

After nearly an hour, the Kraan and their cruel riders vanish towards the west. As the shocked refugees start to emerge from the woods, you can hear the sound of horses in the distance galloping nearer. You stay hidden and wait as the riders come closer. They are the cavalry of the King’s Guard wearing the white uniforms of His Majesty’s army.

Healing: +1 EP (26/28)

We can either get their attention or sneak off into the forest before they notice us. They might be able to help us out if they believe our story, but if they take some convincing it could end up just costing us time.

RudeCat
Aug 7, 2012

Get their attention, it may cost us some time but maybe they could spare us a horse or something.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Yo king's guards!. We could use some help please!

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Hello, sailor soldier!

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

So just a fun fact since we are now past that wagon with the kids, there is no downside to running away. The page afterwards is basically a "are you sure you want to do that, you monster?" but the rest goes on like you had saved them.

get their attention Probably a good idea to tell the local royalty we're all that's left of the warrior monks

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Hey you Sir, over here!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

So just a fun fact since we are now past that wagon with the kids, there is no downside to running away. The page afterwards is basically a "are you sure you want to do that, you monster?" but the rest goes on like you had saved them.
Actually, given that there's no mention of the children at all after you fight the giaks, I'd say it's more like the book goes on like as though you didn't save them.

The officer orders his men to halt and asks you your business. You tell him who you are, and how the monastery has been destroyed. He is deeply saddened to hear your news. He offers you a horse and asks you to accompany him to Prince Pelathar, the King’s son.
Healing: +1 EP (27/28)

Should we go with him or not?

Tiggum fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Aug 26, 2017

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

we aint going to none but the head honcho bro

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Lvl 62, +5 meadow defense
Get their attention

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Go with them. They may not be able to spare a horse if we say no.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Take the ride.

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010
The king needs to know about the Kai Monastery's destruction; we're going with this guy!

RudeCat
Aug 7, 2012

It's not every day you get to meet a prince, go with them.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

achtungnight posted:

Go with them. They may not be able to spare a horse if we say no.
It seems a bit petty of them given the situation, but you're actually right. You don't get a horse if you don't go with them.

Ahead of you, you can see a fierce battle raging across a stone bridge. The clash of steel and the cries of men and beasts echo through the forest. In the midst of the fighting, you see Prince Pelathar, the King’s son. He is in combat with a large grey Gourgaz who is wielding a black axe above his scaly head. Suddenly, the Prince falls wounded—a black arrow in his side.

Healing: +1 EP (28/28)

Once again we have the option to bravely run away. Or we can fight the giant lizard monster and try to save the prince.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Fight

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Wrestle Gourgaz George to the ground!

RudeCat
Aug 7, 2012

Rip and tear!

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Let's kill some Lizard!

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
This will make sure the king wants to see us, last Kai monk or not. Save the prince!

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Let's rumble.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
You're luggage!

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Save the Prince.

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Had we turned left instead, we may have encountered something like this...
Go gore the gourgaz guys good, guv!

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
Saving royalty sounds profitable.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Looks like we're all on the same page again which is good because choosing to run away here would have killed us.

The creature that you now face is a Gourgaz, one of a race of cold-blooded reptilian creatures that dwell deep in the treacherous Maakenmire swamps. Their favourite food is human flesh!

The Prince’s Sword lies at your feet. You may pick up and use this weapon if you wish. The Gourgaz is about to strike at you—you must fight him to the death.

Gourgaz: COMBAT SKILL 20 ENDURANCE 30

This creature is immune to Mindblast.
The sword is no better or worse for us than either of our current weapons, but once again we can choose to swap it for one of our weapons or put the dagger in our backpack and take all three if we want, or just ignore it.

Lone Wolf: COMBAT SKILL 17 ENDURANCE 28
Gourgaz: COMBAT SKILL 20 ENDURANCE 30
Combat Ratio: -3

As you'd probably expect based on the illustration, this is a tough creature to fight.

We roll: 10
Lone Wolf: COMBAT SKILL 17 ENDURANCE 28
Gourgaz: COMBAT SKILL 20 ENDURANCE 20

We roll: 6
Lone Wolf: COMBAT SKILL 17 ENDURANCE 25
Gourgaz: COMBAT SKILL 20 ENDURANCE 14

We roll: 1
Lone Wolf: COMBAT SKILL 17 ENDURANCE 19
Gourgaz: COMBAT SKILL 20 ENDURANCE 13

We roll: 7
Lone Wolf: COMBAT SKILL 17 ENDURANCE 17
Gourgaz: COMBAT SKILL 20 ENDURANCE 6

We roll: 8
Lone Wolf: COMBAT SKILL 17 ENDURANCE 16
Gourgaz: COMBAT SKILL 20 ENDURANCE 0

Some good rolls there more than balance out the one particularly bad one, but it's still going to take us a little while to recover from this fight.

The giant Gourgaz lies dead at your feet. His evil followers hiss at you and then fall back from the bridge. The Prince’s soldiers form a protective wall around you and their dying leader with their shields. Black arrows whistle past your head.

The dying Prince looks up into your eyes and says, ‘Kai Lord, you must take a message to my father. The enemy is too strong, we cannot hold him. The King must seek that which is in Durenor or all is lost. Take my horse and ride for the capital. May the luck of the gods ride with you.’

You bid a sad farewell to the Prince, mount his white steed, and head south along the forest path. The battle still rages behind you as the Prince’s men fight off another assault on the bridge.
Healing: +1 EP (17/28)

A rather cryptic comment there, but presumably the king will know what he's talking about. And we got a horse. A really nice horse.

The Prince’s horse is indeed a magnificent animal, fast and sure of foot. You gallop along the twisting track as if it were a straight highway, until the noise of battle has disappeared far behind you.

After several miles, the path stops abruptly at a junction. There is a signpost, but it has been hacked down.
Healing: +1 EP (18/28)

With all that twisting and turning there's no way to know which way to go here, so we'll just have to blindly choose left or right and whether or not we took the sword.

RudeCat
Aug 7, 2012

Keep the princely sword, maybe we can return it to the king, and take the left path.

G Cyrus
Mar 27, 2010
When in doubt, always go to the right. And put the dagger away in exchange for the Prince's sword, if anything it'll be proof to the King that his son sent us.

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009

(Dany shits in a field)
Keep the sword and go left

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Keep the sword.

:goleft:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Heroes prefer swords. And go left.