Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
I remember when I was a kid there was a series of Mario CYOA books where you could collect items and use them to score points. Most of those books, usually towards the end, had a "Did you find an X?" choice with a fake item. Taking that choice would result in an immediate "game over".

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Ah, Captain D'Val, didn't know he got name dropped this early.

Get away

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
We're a noble warrior, not some common thief.

Follow

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Red Pass, I think white passes are limited access.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
I'd wait for book 5 to reveal that since that character is featured prominently.

I don't think any racism is intentional. It's more that your country is the last holdout against the forces of evil, so every other person is suspicious. Heck, we're attacked by our own countrymen several times.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
There's a rope that takes up two slots and a rope that only takes one slot, so I always houseruled that I could cut the rope in half to save on inventory space..

I always liked Barraka. Sure, he was trying to resurrect a demon, but he also had a decent raiding and invasion plan as his mainstay. It makes sense for him to invade since the Sommerland army has to be in bad shape after the events of book 1. Here in book 5 he gets posthumous characterization as an ambitious minor noble. He's an excellent blend of venial and supernatural threat, and he lets his work speak for him.

Added Space fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Oct 24, 2017

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
I'll only weigh you down!

Into the sea

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
I thought it was used in the book where you go into the Darklands and have a fight with with one of the demon stand-ins. They can only be hurt with magic weapons, and the bronin warhammer counts. Or maybe I'm thinking of a different magic weapon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
1. Pathmanship
2. Mace
3. Store all our old maps, keys, and passes
4. 2 Alether, the Lampsur, and the Jeweled Mace
5. Everything except food