Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
OP soon

Note: discord is basically a requirement this year and i will be handing out sim losses if you're not on it

Discord link

https://discord.gg/93HkT7Q

:siren: OUTDATED OP AHEAD :siren:

Hype for the league this year is building, so let's get the thread going for another year of this poo poo. Let's see what EA did to our beloved league this year in terms of progression and unexpected hilarity!

Welcome to SASFL - land of drunk, high, and who knows what other manner of goons who have been playing internet football together for a number of years now. Where Tebow, Jimmy Garapollo, and Ray Rice have carried teams to Super Bowl wins. Where Trae Waynes got 69 sacks in a season, and Gronk caught 60 TDs in a season. Many controllers have died here, and many meltdowns have been had; will yours be next!!?

Game comes out on August 23rd, and the league will begin August 28th. Getting the thread up now because you fuckers keep asking for it, and to start coordinating teams, etc. The ratings are out now if you want to preview the teams at https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl...ovr_rating:DESC

The Rules
* We will be playing on All Pro Difficulty. We will use default sliders at the onset, and I reserve the right to make slight modifications depending on ~*EA MAGIC*~ For many players, these sliders won't really matter but it's a pretty big boon to newer players to reduce the CPU game frustration. These have no effect on user games as i only will make modifications to CPU sliders. User sliders will remain default.
* Quarters will be 6 minutes with no run down.
* You must be a coach or an owner.
* Cheesing isn't tolerated here. We can discuss it on a case by case basis, but lets not let it come to that. Let's be good sports in here. Includes, but not limited to (going for it on 4th downs deep in your own field, nano blitzes, or abusing no huddle. If you have to think that a play you're using may be cheap or laughed at in the real NFL, you should probably not run it.) We play this game together to not deal with pubbie assholes, so none of that here.
* Running up the score aggressively on users is not allowed. Be a good sport!
* Changing teams is allowed, but only in the offseason. Once the season begins you are stuck with your team until the next preseason. No jumping teams mid-season.
* Pubbies can only join this league if an existing member will vouch for them and risk their place in the league. While we have had some pretty good pubbies in the league, we've had a few utter shitheads and we'd rather just keep them out.
* No trading aging/declining veterans for high draft picks from the CPU.
* Practice Squad Ettiquette! - We have no loving idea how this works yet, but I'm probably going to have to take the approach that if you stash someone on your Practice Squad, they're fair game to get poached by another user. Stash a developmental player at your own risk, I'm not getting involved!

Commissioner - Dubious
Co-comissioners - Oberst, davecrazy

CPU Games
Get them in, get the W. I don't care if you need to restart to get the W. If you can't/don't want to play the CPU, a win can be assigned by Dubious before the league advances.

Trades
Trading with the CPU will be enabled to start but that does not mean it's open season to go poach all of the 1st rounders. If this does happen, I'm disabling it.

Team Priority
Any returning activegoons from last year's league get their first dibs on keeping their old team, or taking a new one. I will post the team list as it was at the end of our last season.

If there are disputes, please work these out amongst each other. I am not making any decision as to who will win a dispute on a team.

If you are not returning to a team, please post. With 32 teams, everyone should get a team that can play to their preference, and it's never guaranteed everyone will play beyond a season so some teams can and do open back up.

Schedule
I aim to advance us on a 3 schedule, no questions asked. If all games are in before that advance period we may advance, but to start off we'll go with every 3 days. Please let Dubious know after 24 hours if you can't get a hold of your opponent and we will work from there. If everyone is done before hand, we will advance early. If you are the last person we are waiting on then you have 24 hours. So if everyone is done in 12 hours except for 1 person then that person has 1 day after that to finish up their week or the league will advance. If you are playing the CPU then we expect your game to be done within 48 hours unless you mention it here. I am holding hard and fast to this schedule this year; I went very lax on it last season and the league lost a lot of momentum from the glacial pace.

New for this year, we have a Discord channel now! Go shitpost to your heart's desire in between games, during, or whatever.

LINK - https://discord.gg/SZT5mHs

League info

League - SASFL
PW -

Oberst fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Sep 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oberst
May 24, 2010

AS OF SEASON 1:

CPU TRADES ARE CURRENTLY OFF

Oberst fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Sep 8, 2017

Oberst
May 24, 2010

NFC East
Dallas Cowboys - Havoc904
PSN: Havoc904
Alt contact: PM

Philadelphia Eagles - Phobeste
PSN:
Alt contact:

New York Giants - davecrazy
PSN: dpcv8
Alt Contact:

Washington Racisms - afterfather/wiccan wasteland
PSN:
Alt contact:

NFC South
Tampa Bay Buccaneers - WampaLord
PSN:
Alt contact:

Atlanta Falcons - HOTLANTAMAN
PSN:
Alt contact:

Carolina Panthers - discountcleric
PSN:
Alt contact:

New Orleans Saints - the bananana
PSN: anactualbabyy
Alt contact:

NFC West
San Francisco 49ers -
PSN:
Alt contact:

St Louis Rams - Dralun
PSN:
Alt contact:

Arizona Cardinals - jxPrime
PSN:
Alt contact:

Seattle Seahawks - Benny
PSN:
Alt Contact:

NFC North
Green Bay Packers - Waroduce
PSN:
Alt contact:

Minnesota Vikings - Dubious
PSN: dubious
Alt contact:

Detroit Lions - Nagger
PSN:
Alt contact:

Chicago Bears - ShortThug
PSN:
Alt contact:

AFC East
New England Patriots - flickmaker
PSN: flickmaker
Alt contact:

Miami Dolphins - AAA Dolfan
PSN:
Alt contact:

Buffalo Bills - human being Guy
PSN:
Alt contact:

New York Jets - coowhoami
PSN:
Alt contact:

AFC South
Indianapolis Colts - cheesetriangles
PSN: idk
Alt contact:

Jacksonville Jaguars - HOTLANTA pubbie
PSN:
Alt contact:

Tennessee Titans - Metapod
PSN:
Alt contact:

Houston Texans - Teemerk
PSN:
Alt contact:

AFC West
Oakland Raiders - Paperback Writer
PSN: Paperback75
Alt contact:

Denver Broncos - bonham
PSN:
Alt contact:

San Diego Chargers - Papes
PSN:
Alt contact:

Kansas City Chiefs - BrownThunder
PSN:
Alt contact:

AFC North
Pittsburgh Steelers - Merk Jr
PSN:
Alt contact: Teemerk

Baltimore Ravens - Oberst
PSN: McShurto
Alt contact:

Cleveland Browns - Dubious
PSN: Dubious
Alt contact:

Cincinnati Bengals - Mucilaginous
PSN: bkerlee
Alt contact:

Oberst fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Sep 8, 2017

Oberst
May 24, 2010

reserved for league history

Oberst fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Aug 16, 2017

Oberst
May 24, 2010

reserved

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Note that the SASFL league will not be starting for atleast a week after release. Fantasy draft league will probably go live TO PICK TEAMS NOT THE DRAFT ITSELF as soon as i get the game

Oberst fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Aug 16, 2017

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
omg im so excited my first madden sicne xbox 360 and first with goons ever

but I am at a clients from Aug22-25 can we do all this set up bullshit on like sunday/monday perhaps hmm

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
I'm in :hawksin:

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Yeah, it's gonna be a few days before anything starts. Gotta wait for users to trickle in. That Monday night might be a good night for fanty draft

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I hereby officially claim the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the main league.

Bizarro is whatever, in fact, I think we used to have a rule saying you have to pick a different team anyway.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
reserved

Oberst
May 24, 2010

I'll worry about biz in 4 months lol

Feel free to make claims, but no claims are official for a while. There's several multi year users with claims on the same team(s).

I'll make a tentative claim list later today or tomorrow

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
League Mom no longer commish, hail Oberst

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Oberst posted:

Feel free to make claims, but no claims are official for a while. There's several multi year users with claims on the same team(s).

I claim Joe Flacco and his sad back.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
I want the Giants if possible.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Everyone will be happy and we will have a good schedule, friends. We need to wait for other users to join before we set things in stone. I don't want to exclude anyone because you're all champing at the bit

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
i want to run the ball and blitz alot while playing man corners who should I be?

Dralun
May 22, 2012

Waroduce posted:

i want to run the ball and blitz alot while playing man corners who should I be?

Arizona or Oakland probably. That said, those are probably already allocated. Denver has the D part, but not sure on the run part.

Dibs on the Rams just to lock a team in. I'll go with a team to balance out divisions first.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Somebody told me I was playing as the Falcons so I guess I'll take the Falcons

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
I'm ready to start the year with half my team suspended!

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
im moving the browns to portland

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I will do the vikings, fins, jags, saints of available

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

Havoc904 posted:

I'm ready to start the year with half my team suspended!

You don't get to be the Cowboys this year.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

:siren: the gauntlet is thrown :supaburn:

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
Afterfather, let me know when you want to set up a game/games to determine Cowboys ownership next week! I think 2 out of 3 would work best so someone doesn't get screwed from random fuckery, but I am alright with whatever. I would rather get the games out of the way sooner then later so there are still decent options left.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Somebody told me I was playing as the Falcons so I guess I'll take the Falcons

The David Carradine option

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I claim Tennessee

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Official Cowboys Challenge is:

Havoc vs Teemerk

Winner gets cowboys, loser gets texans

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I will be watching this with interest to see if anyone can match my melty from last year.

bkerlee
Aug 3, 2006

Slimy and gross.
Bengals, of course (main league). Oberst releasing his stranglehold on the AFCN?

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

hopterque posted:

I will be watching this with interest to see if anyone can match my melty from last year.
lol. Are you joining though?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I cant run commit qb sneak pls send help

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Paperback Writer posted:

lol. Are you joining though?

I don't think I'm gonna get Madden at all this year, so no.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

hopterque posted:

I don't think I'm gonna get Madden at all this year, so no.

:frogout:

So are we keeping track of claims on teams?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
browns bitch

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Waroduce posted:

I will do the vikings, fins, jags, saints of available

My dude

It's been repeated to you several times.

Dolphins are mine 😎

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
posting to give oberst fits

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Kill me

Oberst fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Aug 17, 2017

Oberst
May 24, 2010

THIS IS NOT CONCRETE

Hasty tentative list

AFCN
Bengals - Metamucil
Browns - Em
Ravens - Oberst
Steelers - teemerk jr

AFCE
Bills - FG
Dolphins - Adolf
Jets -
Pats - phobeste?

AFCS
Tits - Metapod
Texans - Loser of Havoc vs Teemerk
Colts -
Jags -

AFCW
Raiders - Paper
Chargers - Papes
Chefs - bt
Broncos - Dralun

NFCN
Vikings - hop
Pack - War
Lions
Bears

NFCE
Cowboys - Winner of havoc vs Teemerk
Giants - Dave
Skins -
Eagles

NFCS
Panthers - discount
Saints -
Bucs - wampa
Falcons - hotlanta

NFCW
9ers
Hawx - Benny
Cards - jx??
Rams -

Oberst fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Aug 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I'll take pack or jags I guess. Pencil me in for pack but if a packers fan has previous claim I'll do jags

• Locked thread