Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
I'm the
Crazy One
Badass Princess
Unstable
Leader
#Sassy #NoFilter
Eale Eye
Macho Man
Explosive Head
View Results

• Locked thread
Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

katkillad2 posted:

One more week until we are missing 94% shots with our mario guns.

whereupon Mario is eaten by rabbids and a new rabbid eventually tears its way out of his zombified corpse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Oh, Ubisoft.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Aug 23, 2017

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

If co-op ends up as fun as it looks, I’m definitely down for more maps. Especially since that looks to be the best way to get a hard game going.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Steampunk? Really?

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
I think I'm ok with DLC as long as the story part is significant. I'm certainly not going to day 1 purchase the DLC like I did for BotW though.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Steampunk? Really?

Overalls monkey wrenches, pipes, propeller airships, mushrooms, and lizards? Fits the Mario theme to me. But for night time, not the day.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

katkillad2 posted:

I think I'm ok with DLC as long as the story part is significant. I'm certainly not going to day 1 purchase the DLC like I did for BotW though.

I''m not gonna day one purchase it at all. It's got Mario, but it's still a Ubisoft game. I'll get the game of the year edition with all the DLC for 30 bucks next year

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

katkillad2 posted:

Same, I'll wait to see how much I enjoy the game and whether I'm dying for more content or pleased with what was in there. No need to buy a season pass for a few weapons.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
This game is #1 on my gamefly queue

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Guy Goodbody posted:

I''m not gonna day one purchase it at all. It's got Mario, but it's still a Ubisoft game. I'll get the game of the year edition with all the DLC for 30 bucks next year

Will Nintendo let them do that? Or is it just first party games that never price drop?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Lakbay posted:

:same:

So hyped for this.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea congrats to ubisoft for infecting Nintendo with your gross business MO but I guess of all the games for it to be patient zero...not the worst? I mean, if the story really is 20ish hours (or at least meaty enough to be around there), co-op seems real fun and smooth and I'm down for more challenges to keep going. Don't give a gently caress about 'steampunk weapons' but I guess of all the Ubisoft Season Passes this one may be one I pick up and don't go 'I'm an idiot' in three months.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Is the co-op couch only?

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

sexpig by night posted:

yea congrats to ubisoft for infecting Nintendo with your gross business MO but I guess of all the games for it to be patient zero...not the worst? I mean, if the story really is 20ish hours (or at least meaty enough to be around there), co-op seems real fun and smooth and I'm down for more challenges to keep going. Don't give a gently caress about 'steampunk weapons' but I guess of all the Ubisoft Season Passes this one may be one I pick up and don't go 'I'm an idiot' in three months.

You...do realize that this isn't even the first Nintendo game to have a season pass, let alone DLC right? Like, loving Hyrule Warriors had *two* season passes, and the second one had two different content depending on whether or not you were on the 3DS version.

E: poo poo, the season pass for Mario x Rabbids is basically identical to Zelda's. Tiny goodies at launch, some remixed challenges later, and the content that you actually want way later.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Is the co-op couch only?

Evidence suggests yes. But it's turn based so you could play co-op alone.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Lakbay posted:

None of us are gonna get it. Gonna end up running out of Switch games in queue before I get to it I bet.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Despite having no intentions of getting this I am (begrudgingly) hoping it sells well so Nintendo is encouraged to make more strategy games.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Uh, well, if you didn't think the premise of this game was absurd on its face, this intro cutscene is really something
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGklUPdeEe8
The cosplay Rabbids are literally cosplay Rabbids because they were merged together by a device created by an Earth scientist trying to solve the energy crisis with a bunch of Mario memorabilia lying around in her workshop

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
And it all comes down to the Rabbids loving around with a time travel washing machine. I assume that's a reference to one of the Rabbid games?

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

CrashCat posted:

None of us are gonna get it. Gonna end up running out of Switch games in queue before I get to it I bet.

I'm hopeful since my cheeseball strategy of "only 1 game in queue/unreleased games in queue" has worked for over a decade and I got Uncharted Lost Legacy on thursday when that released tuesday.

It was funny seeing Breath of the Wild always having available now because no one could get a Switch at launch

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Inescapable Duck posted:

And it all comes down to the Rabbids loving around with a time travel washing machine. I assume that's a reference to one of the Rabbid games?

I like how it has the Delorean time destination setup on the front.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Inescapable Duck posted:

My wife said it's from the tv show

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

numerrik posted:

My wife said it's from the tv show

There's a loving tv show???

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Internet Kraken posted:

There's a loving tv show???

Yeah it aired on Nickolodean I think. I watched a few episodes and I thought it was passable but it's nothing more than a time waster. Sort of like actual Rabbids games, actually.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I watched the intro. It's nice to see Chris Metzen is still getting work as a writer I guess.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I am trying to avoid spoilers and there are already multiple full playthroughs up on YouTube.

This video is not one of those

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53a7jOhBQMA

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I am trying to avoid spoilers and there are already multiple full playthroughs up on YouTube.

What the gently caress

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

That feels to be in extremely poor taste.

Oh, Ubisoft... :rolleyes:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea very disrespectful to....rabbit...veterans?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

it's obviously a parody of fps video game ads, yall read too much into poo poo

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

CrashCat posted:

it's obviously a parody of fps video game ads, yall read too much into poo poo

My grandpa fought in the rabbid war you son of a bitch

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

This is an ad that could literally be ripped from the mid 90s to the early 2000s. Game ads did a ton of "video game concepts in serious real world" tongue in cheek takes. It's good.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
that rabbit is stealing valor, who is your commanding officer mr fluffbutt???

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

"It's okay to trivialize the death of people in a war zone if Mario does it." :rolleyes:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Mister Facetious posted:

"It's okay to trivialize the death of people in a war zone if Mario does it." :rolleyes:

It unironically is

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

That ad is pretty funny. It says available now though?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

For me the more jarring part was seeing Mario jumping around to the backing of wailing classic rock guitars

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Mister Facetious posted:

Everything good about this game is Mario.
Everything bad was the Rabbids doing.

:politics101:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

DalaranJ posted:

Everything good about this game is Mario.
Everything bad was Ubisoft's doing.

:politics101:

Fixed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
"Those-a men deserved to die! Yahoo!"

• Locked thread