Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
I'm the
Crazy One
Badass Princess
Unstable
Leader
#Sassy #NoFilter
Eale Eye
Macho Man
Explosive Head
View Results

• Locked thread
sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mister Facetious posted:

"It's okay to trivialize the death of people in a war zone if Mario does it." :rolleyes:

are you copying from some crazy military wife facebook group or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

sexpig by night posted:

are you copying from some crazy military wife facebook group or something

Did you even watch the first half?

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Yeah, showing the death of a soldier to sell a cartoon rabbit video game seems...bad.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Years of modern military shooters and this is the point where you choose to take exception to using soldier death to sell videogames lol

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I just fuckin single handedly cleared the trenches of English soldiers in WW1 but seeing a guy shout at a rabbit for cover fire is basically the last line of decency.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Dr Cheeto posted:

Years of modern military shooters and this is the point where you choose to take exception to using soldier death to sell videogames lol

Context is everything.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
EDIT: Wait, no, this is stupid.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Aug 27, 2017

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I'm from Delfino Plaza and I say kill em all!

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Mister Facetious posted:

"It's okay to trivialize the death of people in a war zone if Mario does it." :rolleyes:
I've never added someone to my ignore list this quickly.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Unlucky7 posted:

EDIT: Wait, no, this is stupid.

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle: Wait, no, this is stupid.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Mario has always been fighting wars, always to prop up the rule of various monarchs, for decades. I assume he also enslaved Donkey Kong in that one game, so this is not that surprising actually

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I didn't say I'm not buying the game. I said the commercial was in poor taste.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

So Rabbids are an ubisoft thing right? They are to blame?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

jokes posted:

So Rabbids are an ubisoft thing right? They are to blame?

Rabbids were originally going to be the antagonist of Ubisoft's next Rayman game. Then the game got downgraded from a real game to some minigame collection. Then they made more games with the Rabbids and eventually just cut Rayman out of it entirely. I dunno how they convinced Nintendo to let them make a Mario crossover with them.

meat police
Nov 14, 2015

I have this preordered and I'm pretty excited to play it. 👌

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

meat police posted:

I have this preordered and I'm pretty excited to play it. 👌

:same:

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Once again the vile Mario Bros have disrespected the troops.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'll never forget Sunshine's awkward ad campaign.

"It's-a me, Mario, America deserved 9/11!"

Klisejo
Apr 13, 2006

Who else see da' Leprechaun say YEAH!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Mario has always been fighting wars, always to prop up the rule of various monarchs, for decades. I assume he also enslaved Donkey Kong in that one game, so this is not that surprising actually

It's more sinister than that.

Simone Rizzo "Sam" DeCavalcante (March 3, 1912 – February 7, 1997), known as "Sam the Plumber", was a member of the New Jersey Mafia. Claiming descent from the Italian royal family, DeCavalcante was nicknamed "The Count".

Also John Gotti held a no-show job as a plumbing supply salesman. And the Plumbers Union was controlled by the Gambino crime family.

Mario, an Italian plumber, with a striking resemblance to Simone Rizzo "Sam" DeCavalcante, is a cheerleader for Organized Crime, and may actually be Sam the Plumber himself.

Also, Goomba? "The name Goomba is derived from "Goombah"[6] (from Neapolitan cumpŕ which translates in "mate") which refers to a member of a usually Italian American secretive criminal organization."

WAKE UP PEOPLE.

Klisejo fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Aug 28, 2017

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

It looks like each playable character specializes in two or three status effects. Mario is bounce and honey. These status effects appear on both their primary and secondary weapons.

It also seems like there are distinct damage/price tiers for weapons and each tier will always have at least two status choices for weapons.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I, for one, like that 'honey' is an effect

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Looks like the embargo is up:

https://www.polygon.com/2017/8/28/16213294/mario-rabbids-kingdom-battle-review-nintendo-switch-ubisoft

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

quote:

Against all odds, this unholy union is a success

Sums it up perfectly, yea. There is no reason this should be this good but it...is?

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Mario makes everything good, he's the videogame equivalent of the rock

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGSotz9qs_0

If Ubi holds to the marketing strategy they've used for their other games, the next up will be a compilation of streamers hooting and hollering as they React™ to the game

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I've been hooting and hollering at mario since 1994, where's my free copy

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

It's not that easy buddy. Mario is only half of the equation here.

Mario plus Rabbids is equal to Kingdom Battle.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Is it a battle over a kingdom, a battle at a kingdom, or a battle amongst kingdoms?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
[quote="jokes" post="475831067"]
Is it a battle over a kingdom, a battle at a kingdom, or a battle amongst kingdoms?
[/quote

Probably, yes, maybe

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

im glad this is yet again a small-sized game, only 2.5 GB, so I can just lazily download this instead of waiting til Thursday for Amazon to ship it

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

im glad this is yet again a small-sized game, only 2.5 GB, so I can just lazily download this instead of waiting til Thursday for Amazon to ship it

That makes me consider paying the extra for the download over getting amazon to send it, but it also makes me worry about paying full price, as 2.5GB doesn't sound like that much content.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
There really isn't much relation between filesize and content, it says more about how fancy the art assets are than anything.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
File size is really not a good indicator of content. Even very short games can have large file sizes due to poor optimization or something like that.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

It's only a reflection of the quantity of assets.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

https://www.twitch.tv/admiralbahroo

Stream going on right now.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

mehall posted:

That makes me consider paying the extra for the download over getting amazon to send it, but it also makes me worry about paying full price, as 2.5GB doesn't sound like that much content.

most reviews have said it's like 30 hours or so of gameplay so I wouldn't worry

meat police
Nov 14, 2015

Apparently there's a lot of games dropping tomorrow, so my GameStop is doing a 9pm release on this when they wouldn't usually bother. Can't wait to trample the corpses of Mario war.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

most reviews have said it's like 30 hours or so of gameplay so I wouldn't worry

Cool!
Now to decide if i want a new desk more.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Anyone know if it has amiibo support?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

[quote="“Mister Facetious”" post="“475838476”"]
Anyone know if it has amiibo support?
[/quote]

It does. Link

• Locked thread