Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
I'm the
Crazy One
Badass Princess
Unstable
Leader
#Sassy #NoFilter
Eale Eye
Macho Man
Explosive Head
View Results

• Locked thread
Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I thought this was coming out on Friday, bummer. Excited to play a fresh new Mario game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Guy Goodbody posted:

I''m not gonna day one purchase it at all. It's got Mario, but it's still a Ubisoft game. I'll get the game of the year edition with all the DLC for 30 bucks next year

Will Nintendo let them do that? Or is it just first party games that never price drop?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

That ad is pretty funny. It says available now though?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

So what do the 4 Mario themed Amiibo do for this game?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Honestly I'd rather them unlock different outfits like Tanooki Mario or Flower Power Mario or put the Poltergeist 5000 on Luigi's back.

Oh well.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

It's not good enough and it ruins my immersion.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

My copy of this game just got in, anything I should know from y'all who have been in the Rabbid trenches for days now?

Also I guess Ubisoft is just posting a full video Let's Play on their official YouTube, that seems strange

The game will teach you everything. But Rabbid Luigi is a straight of maniac on the battlefield. Sliding around and vamping people. Mario + Luigi + Rabbid Luigi for the win.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Oh my god Luigi just double shot his Steely Eyes through a perfectly straight tube that a rabbid had just escaped through.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I am not sure like I burn as a status effect, 2 out of 3 times the burning enemy runs into me and then I get burned :doh:

Right now I'm focusing on Honey and Ink.

Burn never seems to spread to enemies, same for Bounce.

I never get them grouped up and trigger the special. I find stopping an enemy from moving or shooting to be way more helpful.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Mordiceius posted:

Finished the last boss in Mario + Rabbids boss.

That game doesn't gently caress around.

Like most fights, however, Rabbid Mario is a complete beast.

Some thoughts on that game: it ends with the rabbids still in the Mushroom Kingdom. Does that mean that rabbids are now canonically members of the Mario universe?

The humor hit for me far more than it missed. Boss 3 loving owned. There was an amazing self-awareness to the comedy that could have never come from Nintendo as they're far too precious about Mario. I mean, imagine a Disney movie where the characters are constantly dunking on Mickey Mouse.

It's the best non-platforming Mario game since Super Mario RPG and honestly probably in my top 5 for Mario games ever.

I like it a lot. I just can't help but wondering how cool it would have been if it was Mario vs Bowser's minions. Shyguys, koopas, Hammer Bros, etc.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Isn't the DLC supposed to be steampunk themed?

*wretches*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I had like two mis-clicks last night.

I wish that when you hit A on a move it would turn green and force you to hit A again to confirm.

• Locked thread