Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
I'm the
Crazy One
Badass Princess
Unstable
Leader
#Sassy #NoFilter
Eale Eye
Macho Man
Explosive Head
View Results

• Locked thread
Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
What part of that leaked Marketing power point are we at? Between "win over the public" and "launch with a big press splash right?"

I am excited to rent this through Gamefly

Serious worry: The game drip feeds you tutorials and by the time battles get interesting the game is over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Going to exclusively use Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi and make this Mario vs. Rabbids Kingdom Battle

VVVV poo poo! Ubisoft really wants to shove their proto-Minions down my throat and like it

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Aug 17, 2017

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Theta Zero posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx8E_c2o87M

Here's a crosspost from the Switch thread. Rabbid Luigi is your standard assault/AoE character, but he also gets vampire upgrades.

I am suprised that the bworb isn't powered by fidget spinners

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

DalaranJ posted:

This video actually shows that my OP was wrong about the fourth world, since the ice world is combined with the desert world. As far as I'm aware, there is no evidence at all of what the fourth world will be like, unless it's related to 'the megabug', which I think is unlikely.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/08/01/mario--rabbids-kingdom-battle-is-really-weird-and-thats-the-point

says that world 4 is a Volcano

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
This game is #1 on my gamefly queue

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

CrashCat posted:

None of us are gonna get it. Gonna end up running out of Switch games in queue before I get to it I bet.

I'm hopeful since my cheeseball strategy of "only 1 game in queue/unreleased games in queue" has worked for over a decade and I got Uncharted Lost Legacy on thursday when that released tuesday.

It was funny seeing Breath of the Wild always having available now because no one could get a Switch at launch

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Prime and Best Buy Gamer's Club pre-order discounts are and have always been for physical versions only

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Gamefly arrives on Thursday at the earliest for me :(

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I'm not obsessively trying to get Perfect on each battle, should I be pickier with my weapon purchases or do you get more coins as the game goes on? I just finished world 1

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Be really picky and aim for perfects. The reward for a perfect battle gets dramatic and you can really hurt yourself if you don't go for them. Chapter 3 for example has 400 coins for a bronze, 800 for silver and 1200 for gold. Weapons start costing about 1400 at this point so it's kind of expecting you to fit your favorites.

Thanks, I'll start being more picky with my weapon purchases. I'm not too good so I don't think I have the skill to get perfects on harder battles so I'll just turn on easy mode if the going gets rough

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Nephzinho posted:

I think the only map so far where you might not get a perfect without trying is the world 2 boss. Everything is pretty forgiving.

I'm bad and I usually end battles with low hp counts. Like I went into the no-cover, chain chomp, kill 4 thrashers with less than 100 hp on every character except one and there was no way I could figure out how to do that without someone dying and I'm utilizing team jumps, dashes, finding mushrooms outside of combat etc. I haven't used easy mode yet but I'm glad it's there as an option since just winning a story battle is satisfying enough for me.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I haven't bought a weapon with it yet, but it reads like Stone inflicts everything but bounce and burn. Is there some huge drawback to it because that sounds like a no-brainer to buy if a weapon has it

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

RCarr posted:

Speaking of easy mode, is there a penalty for using it? Can you still get a perfect score with the coin reward if you use easy mode?

I haven't used it yet, but I'd like to know for the future when the game starts getting harder.

I'm bad and caved a couple of times and used easy mode and there's absolutely no coin penalty

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
lol everyone died in the first battle of 2-8 but I still got the win because I killed the last enemy at the same time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

ConfusedUs posted:

Midboss of World 3 was...pretty easy?

I had more trouble with the level after, when the Valkyries show up.

I had the complete reverse experience with those levels

• Locked thread