Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
I'm the
Crazy One
Badass Princess
Unstable
Leader
#Sassy #NoFilter
Eale Eye
Macho Man
Explosive Head
View Results

• Locked thread
Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
I love the combination of Mario, R-Luigi, and R-Mario. I just have to start being careful now as R-Mario's damage can kill the other 2 with his hammer and shotgun.

Cloks posted:

I am very ambivalent about the Rabbids but wow, what a game. I prefer these small, quick maps to the sprawling expanse and dozens of decisions in an XCOM mission.

Yeah, it's really nice to be able to play short maps that don't take me hours like in X-COM. And I like that it encourages you to be aggressive. Sitting back and sniping worked fine in X-COM but it's a lot more fun to rush in and wreck face.

Shyfted One fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Sep 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
That's what I thought at first, but Rabbid Mario can kill a group of 6 guys with hundreds of health in a single turn. And having Rabbid Luigi helps with the friendly fire by going afterwards and putting on vampirism through dash to help Mario heal up (and Rabbid Mario's 2 dashes are enough to heal him)

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
I really wish you could use move attacks on the large bosses. It hasn't really been an issue with Mario, rLuigi, rMario up until World 4. I'm sure I could have beaten 4-5 with that party, but it was much easier with others. And I think 4-9 will be same way.

Crap. I hate it when you can't change your team when you restart a battle. Guess I'm using this team to beat the game.

Shyfted One fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Sep 5, 2017

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
Beat 4-9. It was actually really easy with my usual team because of the spawning enemies to get my health back up. Was off by 1 turn for the perfect though, which I could have had if I had something stronger than the stone Bworb on rLuigi.

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008

Macaluso posted:

I'm missing ONE chest in world 1 and I don't have the slightest clue where it is. I wish it showed you the collectables by chapter so I could narrow it down

Same. I have all other chests from all the other worlds except for 1 from world 1. It's one of the songs.

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
For that challenge you can also just use Luigi, reset all his skills into movement, and then just walk him to the zone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008

Folt The Bolt posted:

I think Rabbid Luigi is honestly the best character in the game. I had him solo the final part of Ultimate Challenge 2 (when the Bwaaah Trio and the Midbosses appeared) thanks to his Vamp Dash and Stone-inflicting Bworb (Mario and Luigi had died by then).

Rabbid Mario and Luigi come in shared second place. And after those two, it's Mario.

Like, I'd probably rank them like this:

1. Rabbid Luigi
2-3. Luigi & Rabbid Mario
4. Mario
5. Rabbid Peach
6. Peach
7. Yoshi
8. Rabbid Yoshi

I just played through the game a second time and it was hard to try other teams when Rabbid Luigi + Rabbid Mario works so well. There's so many levels where you can kill almost every enemy on the first turn and it doesn't matter how much damage you take for being aggressive because Rabbid Luigi lets you heal fully the next turn.

• Locked thread