Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
I'm the
Crazy One
Badass Princess
Unstable
Leader
#Sassy #NoFilter
Eale Eye
Macho Man
Explosive Head
View Results

• Locked thread
Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
The overworld in this game is confusing and annoying to navigate. That's my only criticism of this fine game. I finished world 1 and now I'm going thru the challenge missions and they're fun. I've been trouncing them, but only because I squeeze the absolute most out of my team each turn.

Is there a trick to the fourth challenge? It's a medium challenge in which you are required to reach a specifies area in a single turn. There are a couple special looking big Rabbids and your teammates are spread out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Silver Falcon posted:

The Smashers are the key.

Spoilery answer: They inflict Bounce, which moves you a fair distance, including over gaps.

Even more spoilery answer: Position someone such that the Smasher will bounce them over the gap and into the goal area. Done.

I thought that was the solution and set myself up twice to be attacked and all that happened was I got slammed into the ground. Feels kinda cheap for the solution to hinge on a random chance. At least my gut instinct was correct. Now I only have to navigate this dumb world map and find the challenge again.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Argue posted:

That's actually kinda odd because the challenge explicitly says that there's a 100% chance of the effect triggering. I've never had that problem in any of the challenges that require it.

That's weird. If I have time tonight I'll retry the challenge and see what happens. I'm positive I was attacked and not bounced, because that was I thought I had to do. After it didn't work I said gently caress it and continued on with the challenges.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
loving hell the difficulty of this game spikes abruptly at challenge 1-9. I've tried this five times at least aND these thunder slammers are killing my entire party. This game suddenly feels more like Fire Emblem than XCOM and I'm enjoying it far less. Too much restarting and figuring out the intended solution to each encounter (Fire Emblem) isn't nearly as fun as making things work on the fly (XCOM). I hope this isn't a sign of what's to come.

• Locked thread