Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
I'm the
Crazy One
Badass Princess
Unstable
Leader
#Sassy #NoFilter
Eale Eye
Macho Man
Explosive Head
View Results

• Locked thread
Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
I've seen at least one run-through that set it up such that as the phase changed, Overwatches were active, thus dealing significant damage to the new phase before any defences or such were fully in place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

quote:

Luigi is a monster with the best single-target damage in the game. Use his crazy mobility to get him onto high ground, one-shot something, then turn on overwatch. He's going to kill *at least* one or two more things in the movement phase. The only trick is that, by the last half of World 4, he dies in one hit to smashers every time, sometimes dies in one hit to valks, and two hits of anything else. You have to keep him somewhere the enemy cannot reach him, and that means turning all his movement options up to 11, and THEN focus on damage boosts. Both high ground damage and overwatch stuff are worth every point, but only if you can keep him alive.

Somehow I love that that is very fitting to how Luigi has been. He's always been the better jumper, and the faster, more slippery runner, he's always been....not a coward, but more worried. So of COURSE he'd be a Sniper, and of COURSE he's the valuable support, taking down things here and there, carefully and from a safe place.

• Locked thread