Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
I'm the
Crazy One
Badass Princess
Unstable
Leader
#Sassy #NoFilter
Eale Eye
Macho Man
Explosive Head
View Results

• Locked thread
Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
I am ready for X-COM Mario.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Oh, Ubisoft.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Aug 23, 2017

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

File size is really not a good indicator of content. Even very short games can have large file sizes due to poor optimization or something like that.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Yeah, the number on the overlay above an enemy's head changes as you move the cursor around, though it can be a bit hard to see.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

I can't believe the people who demanded that Mario should be given a gun were right.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Not getting perfects because I take my sweet time killing everything is annoying but it’s also forcing me to really look deeper into the movement system and just how far you can move/jump in one turn.

If you plan things out right, it's crazy just how much one character is capable of doing in just one turn, let alone three of them. The movement mechanics in this game are really good, and it's in your best interest to learn just what crazy stuff you can pull off with them.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

VolticSurge posted:

Wait, there's parts of the game that are actually funny? I thought it was all just gonna be cringy Ubisoft "humor".

Surprisingly enough, it's actually kind of charming. Probably helps that the Rabbids are nowhere near as obnoxious in all their other appearances (though the opening cutscene may give you hives.)

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

My copy of this game just got in, anything I should know from y'all who have been in the Rabbid trenches for days now?

Also I guess Ubisoft is just posting a full video Let's Play on their official YouTube, that seems strange

The movement mechanics are vital to make use of. Learn how to love them. Though the game will teach you everything you need to know, and a very early battle tests your knowledge of what you can do with them.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

RCarr posted:

There's a chest near the end of world 1 (Between 1.7 & 1.8 I think), that is blocked off by a line of white blocks with rabbid designs on them. I can't for the life of me figure out how to get access to it. Any tips?

That's a post-world 1 chest. You'll get an ability after completing the world that'll let you access it.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

I wouldn't bother redoing the world 1 challenges. They only give out 50 coins per replay.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Ometeotl posted:

So do ever get a team size larger than 3?

No.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Rabbid Mario is good. Granted, he's not a good fit for every map, since improper usage of him will cause needless harm to your allies, but he excels at crowd control. He can make some maps so much easier by drawing in enemies and them going to town with his AOEs. I suggest trying to make use of him on maps that are open enough and don't have enemies across gaps or something like that.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

I really wish the Tacticam showed how far a Chain Chomp can move. It would make one of the hard world 2 challenges a lot easier to plan around.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

I just got past the world 3 boss. This game is art. I can't believe I'm saying this about a Rabbids game of all things, but this game is art.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Calaveron posted:

Like the more I think about it the angrier I get, the boss is just a boring ice golem rabbid instead of finding a related ice mario monster or character (uh, I can't think of one. Rafael the Raven?) or a desert mario monster like the cactus guys
Hopefully boss 3 doesn't disappoint

OH poo poo THE ANGRY SUN that should've been the snow desert boss

It also doesn't help that it's just essentially a bigger version of the shield enemies.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I’m in world 4 and:
- I’m now finally using rabbid Mario.
- holy poo poo I love rabbid Mario

His crowd control aspects are insane. If there's an open enough map with a decently sized group of enemies that are close enough to each other, you bet I'm bringing him in. Him, Rabbid Luigi, and Luigi are pretty much the characters I use the most.

The only character I'm not too big on is Rabbid Yoshi. He's basically just another generalist, and you're already forced to use one since you can't remove Mario from the party. Both Peaches don't gel with my playstyle, but at least they made certain challenges a lot easier.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

It really didn't help that those documents were for internal use only, so it looked significantly sloppier than what most official game reveals would look like, souring people's impressions even more.

Though I think it worked out in the end, since it let people get used to the idea of Mario with a gun by the time E3 came around.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Silver Falcon posted:

What does Stone do? I've only found like, one weapon that has it so far and I can't tell what it does.

Essentially, it's honey, freeze, and ink rolled into one effect. Completely stuns the enemy and prevents them from doing anything for the turn.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Has anyone managed to trigger this part of the world 3 boss fight? From what I can tell, it's supposed to trigger upon hitting him without taking out the spotlight, but he's not doing that for me in game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

I really do wish your party was fully customizable. Being stuck with Mario and at least 1 Rabbid puts a damper on things.

• Locked thread