Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
I'm the
Crazy One
Badass Princess
Unstable
Leader
#Sassy #NoFilter
Eale Eye
Macho Man
Explosive Head
View Results

• Locked thread
JohnnySmitch
Oct 20, 2004

Don't touch me there - Noone has that right.
Man, I'm really hitting a wall on the world 4 midboss. I'm starting to consider changing up my go-to team of Mario-Luigi-Ruigi - I love using Ruigi to absolutely decimate the Lava Bucklers in the first part with his vamp dash, but I just can't keep my guys alive against the boss in part two (since I can't abuse vamp to heal the others). I feel like I need to keep Luigi in to take advantage of his crazy range, but he's SO spongy...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JohnnySmitch
Oct 20, 2004

Don't touch me there - Noone has that right.

ConfusedUs posted:

I used rMario instead of rLuigi

Break mario to one side and luigi to the other. Set up overwatch for both. Keep rMario in his starter area.

Shoot the boss with rMario. Boss will charge, triggering both overwatches back and forth. He'll be 1/3rd dead or so, with the feedback killing the Valk that shielded him. Stay alive (probably shooting the other valk) until overwatch is available again. If anyone has to eat a hit, make it anyone but Luigi; sometimes this means drawing the boss in by shooting him with someone else.

Thanks for this! It worked pretty decently for me (even though Luigi still ended up biting it, and I finished 2 turns past "perfect", getting only a "fair"). These last levels are pretty brutal! I'm on the battle now were you start pretty much surrounded by a bunch of Peek-a-boos, Bucklers, and Smashers, and my "aggressive offense" strategy hasn't worked even a little.

• Locked thread