Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
I'm the
Crazy One
Badass Princess
Unstable
Leader
#Sassy #NoFilter
Eale Eye
Macho Man
Explosive Head
View Results

• Locked thread
Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I got my copy of this dumb rabbit game. I'll play it when my husband gets home. He wanted to play too. We'll either do the co-op mode or play story mode and pass the controller back and forth. Probably both? Should be a hoot!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Played a bunch of this last night. Er, well, "played" in that I sat next to my husband while he played. He immediately commandeered the controls and jumped right in to blowing up some Rabbids. We got to try a couple co-op missions and that was super fun! :D Game good, game really good! Tonight perhaps we'll try switching off characters. I want to control Rabbid Peach. She's the best.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Zore posted:

Nintendo is way more open to experimenting with Mario than any other property really. Peach has been playable in most of the platformers released over the last few years, and even stuff like Bowser being playable crops up semi regularly in the RPG entries like Mario+Luigi and Paper Mario.

And honestly a lot of series iteration and experimentation has been for the worse. Let's not forget Paper Mario post Thousand Year Door, the new Pikmin 3DS game that's a platformer, Federation Force, Metroid: Other M, Star Fox Adventures.... which were all attempts to move away from 'traditional' versions of the game.

Mario and Pokemon, and recently Zelda, are their only franchises big enough that they put out mainline games and a lot of weird/niche spinoffs. Some of which become huge and good (Mario Kart) while others flounder (Pokemon Conquest). Contrast it with, say, Donkey Kong where if you put out a weird and experimental title like Jungle Beat its literally the only Donkey Kong you get for like 8 years.

Fair enough on the rest of these, but what universe to you live in where Thousand Year Door is the bad Paper Mario game and not Sticker Star?!

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

What does Stone do? I've only found like, one weapon that has it so far and I can't tell what it does.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Infinitum posted:

Has anyone given the coop campaign a burl yet?

How is it?

Co-op campaign is fun! It's nice being able to use 4 characters. Controls are a bit clunky because the split Joycons have fewer buttons, but we can deal.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

DalaranJ posted:

Fighting evil by daylight,
Taking selfies by moonlight,
Never running from a real fight,
She is the one called Rabbid Peach.

Only 90s kids, etc...

I'm a 90s kid and I still don't get it...

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

We finished this game while we were on vacation. There were a couple days at the end where it was just non-stop torrential downpour so we just relaxed in our hotel room playing Rabbids. (The Switch is so nice as a portable system. :allears:).

We collected everything in every world, 100% and finished all the Ultimate Challenges. The only thing we didn't finish were the co-op missions, and those don't give you any prizes so whatever.

Final thoughts: the World 3 boss was the best one in the game, bar none. Game is super good, all the characters were cool and fun to use, and I wish you could have a larger party and/or weren't required to use Mario all the time. The dude felt like dead weight on a lot of the later maps. I'd have liked to use more Rabbids instead! :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Wildtortilla posted:

The overworld in this game is confusing and annoying to navigate. That's my only criticism of this fine game. I finished world 1 and now I'm going thru the challenge missions and they're fun. I've been trouncing them, but only because I squeeze the absolute most out of my team each turn.

Is there a trick to the fourth challenge? It's a medium challenge in which you are required to reach a specifies area in a single turn. There are a couple special looking big Rabbids and your teammates are spread out.

The Smashers are the key.

Spoilery answer: They inflict Bounce, which moves you a fair distance, including over gaps.

Even more spoilery answer: Position someone such that the Smasher will bounce them over the gap and into the goal area. Done.

• Locked thread