Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
I'm the
Crazy One
Badass Princess
Unstable
Leader
#Sassy #NoFilter
Eale Eye
Macho Man
Explosive Head
View Results

• Locked thread
SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

This game deserves more props for its visuals. I love the dynamic camera that comes up when you pull off shots sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Which weapons should I be going for? Coins seem a bit stingy.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Tender Bender posted:

Just played the first bit of this, and I have to say I really like the in between mission running around? Like it's simple and basically downtime, but a lot of times in say Fire Emblem I'll finish a tough mission and want to just chill out for a bit before diving into another, instead of slamming them down rapid fire. Some other people probably feel the opposite though.

I like them too and they're nice for downtime but it's weird playing a Mario game and not being able to jump. I wish they added that even if it didn't do anything other than a simple animation.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I wish you could switch out Mario.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Zore posted:

Same.

He's pretty good I guess but Peach and Luigi would be amazing:(

The ability for all Mario or all Rabbid character teams would be nice too. I'll consider the DLC if it switches things up in that way.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Minions are such a rip off of Servbots that I'm surprised Capcom hasn't tried to sue.

Rabbids seem different enough. I kinda always liked them since the first few Rabbid games on Wii were pretty good.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Calaveron posted:

What were people's reactions when the game was first revealed? Because I remember some people on twitter were loving LIVID over it and having the hot take that a western developer gets their hands on Mario and the first thing they do is add guns

Didn't Miyamoto want to give Mario a gun for a long time? I'm surprised he never did it himself.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Probably a price mistake but this is showing up for only $30 at Best Buy right now. You should be able to get it with in store pick up.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/mario-rabbids-kingdom-battle-nintendo-switch/5909500.p?skuId=5909500

EDIT: Seems to be unavailable now.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Sep 22, 2017

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I got this game at launch and completed world 1 but put it down until now. Should I go straight to 2 or should I be doing the challenges in world 1?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Theta Zero posted:

Do the challenges in world 1. The game is balanced so that it assumes you do that. If you don't, world 2 will be considerably harder and if you go back and do the challenges, they'll be pretty brainlessly easy with very underwhelming rewards.

I’m getting my rear end kicked on these and they’re ranked very easy and easy.:lol:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

What kind of weapons should I have priority in buying? Money seems kinda tight and I don’t want to possibly get screwed over on something and have to grind.

I’m also letting the skill tree auto-fill since I’m new to these kinda games. Is that a bad idea?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://twitter.com/rabbidsofficial/status/923576982796894208
Another update changed some things around to make the difficulty curve seem more natural.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

QuasiQuack posted:

Coconut gun or no buy :colbert:

No way they won’t add a bunch of coconut guns. I’d rather have Wario DLC but this should be fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Rayman is probably more likely with a Rabbid stage or something. He almost made it into Smash 4.

• Locked thread