Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The endless death rolls on the mountain paths was my second favourite bit of unintentional (maybe) humour in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
I liked this game, though I preferred the story of the first one. This one had better boss fights though.

Do I hope for a NOLF 3 someday? Not particularly... :D

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

wait, wasn't there another level after this? Am I crazy?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

A third game could have been great. Imagine being at Unity HQ and overhearing Armstrong and one of Isako's ninjas discussing stealth tactics.

double nine posted:

wait, wasn't there another level after this? Am I crazy?
Nope, and not particularly.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I would enjoy a game of Cate fighting Evil Genius.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

Night10194 posted:

I would enjoy a game of Cate fighting Evil Genius.

The play through of this game made me pick up Evil Genius again and give it another run through - I was pleasantly surprised to learn that a sequel is on the way as well though virtually nothing has been said about it yet.

macdjord
Oct 26, 2013
Congrats on finishing the LP! And with only one 'IN HELL!' gag, too!

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Poil posted:

A third game could have been great. Imagine being at Unity HQ and overhearing Armstrong and one of Isako's ninjas discussing stealth tactics.

Nope, and not particularly.

I've looked it up, the bonus level I was thinking of was for NOLF 1.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I like games that can pull off the campy aesthetic without grinning at the fourth wall, and the NOLF games certainly manage that. I wouldn't say there haven't been any games since it but aside from Evil Genius I'm trying to name examples.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
That's about as intense an ending sequence as you can ask for from an early 00s game. But this game does feel like it ends awfully suddenly.

Thank you for showing off this game, Scruffy. You always produce a good LP.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

A good game, just a shame Monolith is no more and the properties are in limbo. NOLF 3 would be so much fun if done right.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
Aw, I was legitimately hoping that Mother would turn out to the the true power behind HARM. Oh well.

Thanks for the LP, Scruffy!

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Aw, I was legitimately hoping that Mother would turn out to the the true power behind HARM. Oh well.

Thanks for the LP, Scruffy!

That's what HARM stands for.

Haranguing,
Annoying,
Rather-persistant,
Mother.

EponymousMrYar fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Oct 3, 2017

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.
Those two conversations in the previous levels, the one about deep-seated tendencies towards rebelling against authority and the one about the power of a proper design for evil lairs, were the ones most on par with the henchmen dialogue from the first game. It's a shame there wasn't more of that in this one.

Thank you very much for a lovely LP of a game most people will never play.

USR-Atlas
Mar 30, 2011
Soiled Meat

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

A good game, just a shame Monolith is no more and the properties are in limbo. NOLF 3 would be so much fun if done right.

Monolith still exist, Warner Brothers bought them and used them to learn how the games industry worked, the WB games division grew out of Monolith but the studio is still developing games. Most of the people responsible for NOLF are probably long gone by now for example Samantha Ryan who was producer on NOLF 2 eventually became the boss of WB games and after that she became the one of the head honchos at EA. I forget his name but the main guy who created NOLF 1 now works at Telltale.

Even if Warner Bros own the IP they may not want to do anything with it, especially after their film The Man from Uncle remake in 2015 bombed hard despite being a decent movie, it seems there is little appetite for the genre.

Anyway thanks for the great LP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akogare Zephyr
Apr 29, 2013

I'm laaate once again, but the thread's still technically open so I call that a win. Phew!

Thanks for the LP! It's great seeing this game again. I forgot how short it was and it is a shame a third one didn't come out, but maybe some kind of spiritual successor will? I mean, there's really nothing stopping anyone from taking inspiration from this game right? Anyways, great game. Great LP.

Now for some silly doodles!

I only had time to splash colour on one, but anyways, Cate was collecting so many pink carnations she could have made a flower crown out of them.

I mean... she could have asked for money for all the effort you have to put in just to dodge super soldiers so you can deal with fires most people had an actual like escape route for.

Is this too old a reference? Doesn't matter. You probably could have put any silly thing on that hull and he would have freaked out. Haha

Of course it wasn't going to work on him. Like duh.

Thanks again for the fun LP! And awhoosh I gooo~

• Locked thread