Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
Force him to sober up and listen to his mother all day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I mean, they were going to put the Baroness in jail after Cate won her shoot-out with her.

Until the explosion.

NHO
Jun 25, 2013

Meanwhile, in today's episode of "More information than you require"
People pressed into box shape - well, naked women pressed into more symmetrical box shapes - are a fetish for more people than I expected, as I found for my considerable displeasure.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
The man-crates can and will actually roll after you and can reach a surprising turn of speed. Those two in that room can be a nasty surprise, rolling and leaping and biting. It's quite unsettling.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

The mancrates can be killed with the welder. Just saying. Also they are affected by sleep darts/gas.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

I could have sworn the mancrates would actually thank you for killing them. Maybe they only do it in a later area, I don't remember, but I still think you're actually doing them a favor.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Between burning sleeping people to death with a blow torch and the man crates, this game got really weird and creepy!

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I'm surprised the undersea base is going on for so long.

I suppose we do have to save Armstrong down here. ...I wonder who the other one is. They said there were two dangerous specimens. Anders, maybe?

Albu-quirky Guy
Nov 8, 2005

Still stuck in the Land of Entrapment
Yes, one of the intel notes Scruffy picked up earlier said that HARM was transporting Lt. Anders back to the base for more conditioning since the super soldier process was so expensive that they couldn't afford to just write him off.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Glazius posted:

I'm surprised the undersea base is going on for so long.

I suppose we do have to save Armstrong down here. ...I wonder who the other one is. They said there were two dangerous specimens. Anders, maybe?
Maybe it's Armstrong's missing bottle of Laphroaig from NOLF 1.

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.
Getting dumped for a biome is pretty rough but I suppose a guy can't really compete with that.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

She...she could just be being metaphorical.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Today we witness the death of art.

Terror In The Deep
Scene 1/Polsy

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Who needs oxygen when you can put skill points to better use? Just hold your breath and check that medibay. But seriously though, you're in no danger of dying from being slow at handling your gadgets. Or course, if you are a better player than me it's probably easy to beat the game by spending all your points to raise gadgets to max level before anything else. :v:

Also that boss fight is the most difficult part of the entire game if you're playing on hard. So many mimes spawning in with their good accuracy and high damage and the mime king moving so fast with much more health. So much frustration. Oh ho ho ho.

Poil fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Sep 26, 2017

8_Escape
Dec 26, 2013
I've been waiting to say this since Double cross: Learn The Words Pierre!

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Armstrong's goofy swimming animation will always be the unintentionally? funniest thing in this game. I love the homage he gets to Jaws in Moonraker though, the best goofy Bond movie (come at me).

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Kibayasu posted:

Armstrong's goofy swimming animation will always be the unintentionally? funniest thing in this game. I love the homage he gets to Jaws in Moonraker though, the best goofy Bond movie (come at me).

Pretty sure him doing the doggy paddle is intentional, though it's really an awful stroke to use when fully underwater.

NHO
Jun 25, 2013

Revenge of Super Secret Submarine!

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Who else is going to come rescue you after a HARM undersea base explodes? Not-HARM?

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
I'm really glad I'm not the only one who goes out of his way to jump a couple time on that guard pinned down by the fallen door. Assholes unite or something.
Shame the game doesn't respond to it.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
We're getting downright close to the end, and we've still got a few more boss fights to go.

Endgame
Scene 1/Polsy

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

all I can think of for that very last shot is

quote:

"This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine. This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine. This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine, let it shine, let it shine, let it shine. Hide it under some seaweed, no! I'm gonna let it shine. Hide it under some seaweed, no! I'm gonna let it shine. Hide it under some seaweed, no! I'm gonna let it shine, let it shine, let it shine, let it shine. Scare away sea monsters, yeah! I'm gonna let it shine..." —

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
The unsinkable Magnus Armstrong!

I seem to remember a memo or something about the artificial lava being made out of orange drink. Am I wrong?

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe
Okay, I appreciate the symmetry in Cate inexplicably turning up just fine after two implausibly lethal circumstances (getting stabbed, and the hurricane), and then Magnus turning up just fine twice, similarly.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Okay, I appreciate the symmetry in Cate inexplicably turning up just fine after two implausibly lethal circumstances (getting stabbed, and the hurricane), and then Magnus turning up just fine twice, similarly.

Well duh. They're both Scottish. As Magnus implied in the first game, only a True Scotsman can kill another True Scotsman.

But man, this game is really short, or at least it seems that way.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Man, Anders does not stop. Dude's on a mission. To...

I guess he's got a compass or an objective marker or something?

Puukko naamassa
Mar 25, 2010

Oh No! Bruno!
Lipstick Apathy
Man-sauce :mmmhmm:

NHO
Jun 25, 2013

dscruffy1 posted:

We're getting downright close to the end, and we've still got a few more boss fights to go.

Endgame
Scene 1/Polsy

A folder has been missed.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Unbelievable! And you call yourself a superspy?

Glazius posted:

Man, Anders does not stop. Dude's on a mission. To...
ABIGAIL!

macdjord
Oct 26, 2013
I know! That whole sequence was just increasing levels of 'Did they think these names through?'.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

macdjord posted:

I know! That whole sequence was just increasing levels of 'Did they think these names through?'.

They almost certainly did.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe
Oh yeah, the HARM goon that announces the phonecall -- maybe he was de-crated, and that explains why he's a little off? I could believe that performance as being "shadow of one's former self".

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
You know, I kind of like the Mime's attack accordion string when they showed up.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Oh yeah, the HARM goon that announces the phonecall -- maybe he was de-crated, and that explains why he's a little off? I could believe that performance as being "shadow of one's former self".

This is a meta-joke. Go back and watch the opening credits sequence again (and notice the way he acknowledges the camera).

EDIT: There's also a hidden conversation if you wait against that set of elevator doors near the Director's koi pond which essentially explains the whole thing. It's nothing so cool as a UNITY infiltrator.

This section of the game reeks of heavy cuts.

Loxbourne fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Sep 29, 2017

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I kind of figured he was one of the ones Kate & Magnus rescued from the undersea base, trying a very poor distraction to buy Kate some time to escape to pay her back.

Rather bummed out that there's no NOLF 3. Considering the precedent established by this game, I'd like to see Isako join team UNITY and help Kate & Magnus fight Evil Crocodile Dundee.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
It's the end! I did leave out one special thanks in the video. Thank you Akogare Zephyr, for the super cool fanart!

Preemptive Strike
Scene 1/Polsy

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I wish I had some popcorn. The finale delivers. Not perfectly but it sure delivers.

The last boss is ludicrously unfair though. Hope you had a lot of armor and health left. :argh:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The first game had a better story, but the second game was still a joy to watch.

Both fantastic.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Perkins?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I really wish Ridiculous 60s Superspy Comedy was a more common genre. I love them.

• Locked thread