Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
https://twitter.com/DFB_Team/status/1003571830727364608

Bernd Leno, Jonathan Tah, Nils Petersen & Leroy Sané cut from preliminary squad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

curried lamb of God posted:

Sane left off the World Cup squad :laffo:

he had a great season with city but was a bit poo poo in the last match so i guess its understandable.
let's hope reus doesn't break again...

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

ephex posted:

he had a great season with city but was a bit poo poo in the last match so i guess its understandable.
let's hope reus doesn't break again...

jesus christ.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

He was also awful at the Confed-Cup tbh, I cannot think of a game he played well wearing the German kit at all.

Edit: so terrible, he feigned injury and got that fresh tattoo of himself on his back lmao

Healbot fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Jun 4, 2018

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Either Löw knows poo poo we don't know or this WC could end hilariously. If I was Ter Stegen I'd quit the team until there's a new manager.
Not bringing Peterson seems stupid too.

Löw makes even worse decisions than Petkovic, which is an achievement on it's own.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Tahirovic posted:

Either Löw knows poo poo we don't know or this WC could end hilariously. If I was Ter Stegen I'd quit the team until there's a new manager.
Not bringing Peterson seems stupid too.

Löw makes even worse decisions than Petkovic, which is an achievement on it's own.

Given that he's the team's coach, it's a pretty safe bet that he does.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/BBCMOTD/status/1003630527222513666

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Löw out

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

lol owned

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

frankenfreak posted:

You still need someone to make a Germany thread?

frankenfreak posted:

Alright. I'll wait for the final squad being announced tomorrow though.

Everything alright, frankenfreak? :ohdear:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Just posted it: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3859193

(Didn't get around to do it yesterday because I was too tired after working out.)

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Dynamo vs Köln is gonna be :discourse:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Smirr posted:

Dynamo vs Köln is gonna be :supaburn:

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Doing some big lols at Dortmund buying Delaney for 20 loving million

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Yeah it's way too much but this will hurt Werder a lot, hopefully they can buy 2 or 3 decent players for that money. Already a bit worried it might be an other season fighting against relegation.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Doing a huge LOL that Nagelsmann will coach Leipzig in a little more than a year. Good work, Uli!

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

The whole Hoeneß family are hacks and Uli should've stayed in prison.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
Are y'all saying Kovac will be found out to be a fraud and not last past or even into 2019?

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Nagelsmann could have picked pretty much any club in the world, huge coup by Leipzig

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Given how inept the rest of the Bundesliga teams are, it's not likely to threaten Bayern's hold on the Meisterschaft, but I doubt they will have a lot of success in Europe with Hoeneß and co. mismanaging the club.

Hauptsache es ist wieder Mia san Mia bei Bayern!

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

hopterque posted:

this

we're due for an embarrassing tournament though I think

Lol well

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Guys, Kovac might not be the best option to manage Bayern.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

I'd say that it's basically impossible to gently caress up coaching Bayern, then again we just had Ancelotti try very hard at that.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
The 2. Liga started today

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

:yeshaha:

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

lol

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

hopterque posted:

oh yeah that's the stuff

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
Thanks for reminding me I have a half-finished OP on my hard drive that I have to finish sometime next week!

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
St.Pauli fans should get the table framed

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Alright so Fussball is back in the 2.Liga best Liga so I thought since this year there are HSV/Köln generating some interest and no top flight footie is on maybe I'll do a little intro post about the teams.

HSV

The Bundesliga dinosaur finally managed to succumb to being a badly managed circus sideshow for years on end and 2. Liga welcomes them with open arms. One of us! One of us! They kept a number of decent players and most importantly have a competent manager for once so are favourites for a promotion spot. HSV immediately proved they're still willing to provide good entertainment by losing to the local farmers from Kiel. 0-3. At home.

1.FC Köln

Completely overwhelmed by losing Modeste and having to play in Europe, Köln had an insanely terrible start to last season they never recovered from so now are back in 2.Liga after a few successful years under Stöger. Retained a surprising number of players including Jonas Hector who will be the first Nationalmannschaft player from 2. Liga in ages. Dropped 12 million on new players on top of that so everyone expects them to walk the league.

Holstein Kiel

Surprised last year by making it into the relegation against Wolfsburg with fairly modest means directly after being promoted. Had a pretty neat style with fast attacks that caught lots of teams out last year but lost their manager to Köln and a few key players so I think they will struggle to stay in the top half of the table.

Arminia Bielefeld

Belong to a long list of completely mediocre teams and had no business coming 4th last year really. No big signings so expect them to be in the traditionally large pack of middle-of-the road teams again.

Jahn Regensburg

Did well after promotion (won straight promotions from Bayernliga and 3.Liga under Heiko Herrlich) and managed to not get immediately relegated from 2. Liga for the first time in the last 40 years (by being mediocre, which can get you pretty far up the table in this stupid league). Think they might be involved in the struggle against relegation.

VfL Bochum

The former Fahrstuhlmannschaft has now been in the division for a while without much success and I don't see that changing this year. They might get close to the relegation zone for a while but are overall solid enough to stay in.

MSV Duisburg

Another team that immediately jumped to mediocrity last season after getting promoted. Somehow their manager seems to know what he's doing and gets a lot out of a fairly limited squad that should be doing worse.

1.FC Union Berlin

Berlin's #2 has been struggling to get close to promotion for quite some time now and is usually pitched among the favourites to go up. This year they've again got a good squad together and will feature in the top 6 I'd say.

FC Ingolstadt

Were crap last year after getting relegated from the Bundesliga. They're fairly rich though and will probably manage some success by getting expensive players in eventually. Sold two of their players for 7 mio and 5 mio respectively :eyepop: which to me is pretty insane for 2. Liga

SV Darmstadt 98

Were even more crap after also getting relegated from the Bundesliga. However they sold world cup winner Kevin Großkreutz to Uerdingen (3.Liga) so they are now hopeless RIP

SV Sandhausen

Sandhausen is a small town near Heidelberg (and Hoffenheim) and their all-time transfer record fee is 100k for a guy from Legia. They don't spend much money, they don't have many fans, they are consistently getting mid-table finishes and are usually hard to beat. Must be hard to swallow for Kaiserslautern fans that these guys manage to stay in the 2.Liga somehow and Lautern didn't.

FC St. Pauli

Hamburgs #2 - or are they??? Will be interesting to see how they can fare vs the mighty HSV this season and every week they spend ahead of them in the league will cause much grief among HSV supporters. The team is wildly inconsistent and unlikely to string together a good run but on the other hand also not consistently bad enough to get relegated.

1.FC Heidenheim

The only remarkable thing about this lot is that for some reason all their players are of German nationality (except one Austrian). What a coincidence that even in our globalised world of football the good lads of Heidenheim 1846 are an all-white group of Germans with an Austrian amongst them!

Dynamo Dresden

Speaking of good lads, my boys from Dresden were rubbish last year and just about avoided relegation. That's at least partially owed to using a possession-oriented style of playing it out the back with high-risk passes between goalie and defenders that can be a bit sketchy if your players aren't world class. But they stuck with it so good on them and I think in this season a top half finish should be on the cards after some promising signings.

Spvgg Greuther Fürth

They deteriorated during the last few seasons and might struggle again even though there are quite a few Bundesliga veterans in the squad.

Erzgebirge Aue

Aue is a former Uranium mining town in Saxony but to say that you can most definitely still see the effects of that on both fans and players would be mean and not very sportsmanlike so I won't. They're usually holding on for dear life on a small budget and this year won't be any different. One of the top relegation candidates.

1. FC Magdeburg

A former European Cup winner fallen on hard times, they managed to claw their way back into the 2. Liga after 30 years in the lower leagues. Usually promoted clubs do quite well in the 2.Liga so I expect them to not immediately get relegated but their budget is tiny and if they don't start of well they might get in trouble quick.

SC Paderborn

No idea why Ostwestfalen needs another 2.Liga-team but here we are. After crashing out of Bundesliga and 2.Liga in direct succession they nearly got relegated in the 3.Liga too but turned it around last year and are now on rebuilding mission. They snatched up some players from promotion rivals Magdeburg but we'll have to see if that is enough to keep them in the league.

So this is 2.Bundesliga 2018/19 - two massive favourites, a bunch of no name teams and hopefuls and lots of bad football to be watched!

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

hopterque posted:

It's like the last season never ended!

I mean, I have no doubt that they're gonna get promoted, but still

lol

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Watching the game, drinking a beer. :cool:

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Coddled by the 1. Idiot moron HSV will be brutally durchgereicht imo.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Congrats to St. Pauli for another notch in the ol' Weltpokalsiegerbesieger bedpost

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Hell yeah, eat poo poo Magdeburg.

Giant Metal Robot
Jun 14, 2005

Taco Defender
What's the best way to watch 2.Liga games in German? I'm looking for something legal or semi-legal (VPN) but my googling is only pushing me to Fox Sports.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
It's pretty crap to find legal options tbh. Some betting websites have streams in tiny resolution and the Monday night game will usually show up on BT3, Eurosport or some other smaller channel so if you can find a pub that has that channel you can go watch it there.
Ah crap just noticed the 'in german'. In that case the only options either buying Sky or streaming it (German Sky that is).

• Locked thread