Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
op: no you don't

if you waited this long for it to be "cool" then you are just chasing a trend and you're not up for the math

maybe what you actually want is to be able to bullshit sufficiently about these topics to put them on your resume?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
why? what is your motivation for learning this thing? what if i told you that behind all the fancy math, it is mostly horseshit, and people will move on to the next thing within 5 years or so once all the promises don't pan out?

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax

qhat posted:

Who cares.

obviously not you!

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
yeah um ask any phd who focused on "deep learning" and they'll tell you that noooooooooooope

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax

fritz posted:

non-technical javascript developers

please don't remind me about our industry's #1 problem

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
normally wikipedia math is incomprehensible, but the article for singular value decomposition actually seems pretty good. read that, and by "read" i don't mean read the words and skip over the equations like i always do. you have to go through the equations symbol by symbol and make sure you understand what they're saying. when you see a math term whose definition you don't know, click on the term and read that article too, in the same fashion. if the article is too obtuse, look up the term in your linear algebra textbook instead. note that this process will probably have you (re)learn most of linear algebra, but it sounds like that's exactly what you're asking for, and there isn't really any shortcut to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax

echinopsis posted:

i would spend over a week if i did what you said

jew killer three grand

yeah. math is hard. that's why the classes are like 20 weeks long each

• Locked thread