Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
I liked Chandler's little mug for the camera after slugging Moose (?) the fighter dude. You know at some point the Nathan James crew will see that video and realize the Captain is infiltratin'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
This is the best Star Trek since TNG.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
He may have saved the world but he's a lovely dad.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Octy posted:

What does it take to get promoted to Admiral? Surely almost everyone who was an Admiral pre-virus is dead by now?

He's seen all the Star Trek movies and knows better. Besides, they can't keep more than one ship going.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

VictorianQueerLit posted:

Is the guy that plays Chandler the main writer on this show?

I am struggling to figure out why he is literally jesus now ...

You must have taken the same class as my wife because now in every book, TV series, or movie, she had to identify the "Jesus figure" and then spend an hour talking about The Great Conversation. I asked her once, what if the writer is an atheist or Buddhist... There will still be a Jesus figure according to her.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Yeah, it was a little confusing because people have spoken to golden boy, though I don't remember him ever speaking to anyone except Robodoc.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Georgi was admonished earlier in the episode for how he spoke to his brother but maybe he was speaking about him, not to him. Now I'm now sure. I thought no one was speaking to him because they were jealous and didn't want to upset Robodaddy.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
This season got silly, even for this show. They throw a bomb into the bow of a ship but the stern blows up. They shoot a missile into another ship's bridge and it sinks. Still love it though. The ramming and boarding scene was baller, I was really hoping they would use grappling hooks, especially since they showed one earlier. All the killing on the airfield was cold. Those people weren't "bad guys" they were just trying to get food for starving people. No other show would let the good guys just stone cold execute like that.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
The Caribbean Alliance/Mexico invade Florida and Texas simultaneously. Plot twist, they have more food and resources than the US. Or was that already an episode.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
What's even weirder, Chandler got himself and kids halfway around the world without anyone knowing where he went. The US only has 1 naval vessel and few aircraft.

One thing I really appreciated about Halt and Catch Fire, was that they didn't shove the kids offscreen and forget them entirely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Watched Feast the other night, Eric Dane plays Hero, life expectancy: pretty drat good.

• Locked thread