Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win this dumb league?
Real Madrid
Barcelona
Atlético Madrid
comedy Getafe option
View Results

• Locked thread
Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
As much as it was deserved, he clearly used his arm to score that one, not his chest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Levante just beat Malaga, confirming the latter's relegation and pretty much ensuring that Depor and Las Palmas are going down. See y'all in the Segunda thread next season :(

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Wow the last few years have been a hell of a ride for Malaga. I didn’t realize they were looking at relegation.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

blue footed boobie posted:

Wow the last few years have been a hell of a ride for Malaga. I didn’t realize they were looking at relegation.

From Reddit, re: their Qatari owner

quote:

The only reason their owner bought them because he was hoping that if he invests in the team Malaga's authorities would let him build some huge port or something like that. They denied his request so he bailed shortly after that.

They had a lot of good-to-great players over the past 5 years - Isco, Cazorla, Sandro, Fornals, Rondon, and I'm sure I've missed a few others. It seems like the owner didn't reinvest in the team after selling them off, though.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

curried lamb of God posted:

They had a lot of good-to-great players over the past 5 years - Isco, Cazorla, Sandro, Fornals, Rondon, and I'm sure I've missed a few others. It seems like the owner didn't reinvest in the team after selling them off, though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%A1laga_CF#Notable_players

Quite a few notables there although a few were players who came in toward the end of their careers like van Nistelrooy when the foreign money showed up.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
That back heel assist was pretty sweet.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Barca boys looking fresh. Uncle Phil is the real deal

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Yeah they should let him take all the penalties.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/989833570964426752?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Iniesta has to be the greatest Spanish footballer of all time, right?

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Eh, he was alright I guess

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Iniesta has to be the greatest Spanish footballer of all time, right?

Probably. Who would it have been before him...Raul maybe?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

Probably. Who would it have been before him...Raul maybe?

I’d vote for Xavi.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
In our lifetimes, it's probably Iniesta, Xavi, Puyol, Hierro, Raul and Iker

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Raul and Xavi are both great contenders.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

In our lifetimes, it's probably Iniesta, Xavi, Puyol, Hierro, Raul and Iker

Agree on all of these except Casillas. He dropped off a cliff once he got ousted from Real Madrid.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Wasn't he like 40 by then? Seems harsh considering everyone else melts as soon as they leave.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Lladre posted:

Wasn't he like 40 by then? Seems harsh considering everyone else melts as soon as they leave.

Casillas is 36 now. He started young and flamed out young.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
In a few years people will mention Ramos in that company I'll bet, just based on his trophy haul.

cadfael
Nov 7, 2010

My two cents is he's the greatest midfielder of my generation, personally my favourite footballer of the last 10 years or so. I dont really gasp at many players other than a select few in that Barca/Spanish side (Silva at City is another) when they play a ball 15 yards and use space and weight of pass to their advantage, and he's always excited me the most, so simple and ridiculously incisive he can so often be. I get the sense from his barca/spanish team mates that he's been along with Xavi the most consistently helpful player on those teams, which is about the best compliment you can get as a player. Something about the art of keeping it simple, unselfish and well timed/placed that he's excelled at for so long, maybe more than anyone else Ive seen, that I really really admire. You just cant do that without not being a great team player, and his trophies/medals are sort of a testament to that.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Levante beat Sevilla tonight, basically ensuring that Depor are going down :smith:

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Just as expected, Sevilla is a dumpster fire.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
They have to host Barça on Sunday too. Watch them end the no losing streak.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/footballitalia/status/989990418237591552
he's had quite a year

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Well they did sort of implode.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I hate him and I'm glad he's getting owned.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

welcome back to Sevilla, Unai Emery

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
That lad shows promise.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Uncle Phil with the lovely finish after the Oz Man teed him right up

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
depor :smithicide:

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Wow. That was something.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

some nice goals in this game

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Depor look the hungrier of the two.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

Lladre posted:

Depor look the hungrier of the two.

we need 11 points from this and our last 3 matches to even have a shot at survival

Seedorf deserves another year, we've looked much stronger since he was hired

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Seedorf deserves another year, we've looked much stronger since he was hired

He's a classy guy.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

pretty cool that Barca is won the league without losing. I know the failure in Rome really bummed everyone out but a very legendary season considering how lovely things seemed in August. Very excited for a full season of Uncle Phil next year and if the Grease Man rumours are true even better

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

very excited for today's big match.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

BWV posted:

very excited for today's big match.

I'm looking forward to a feast of football op but it'll probably be the Barca boys winning while Sergio Ramos tries to kick the poo poo out of anyone within 20 yards of him.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
two bad teams

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

My first time having to endure Ray Hudson's commentary and I want to murder someone. Not even him specifically, anyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Don't remember a sideline reporter on the Bein feed for the last Clasico

• Locked thread