Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Now you’re just showing off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

nine-gear crow posted:

I have also decided to torture Shamrock as much as possible wherever I can

pretty sure Shamrock isn't the only one getting punished here

is it you, for buying that?
is it us, for having to see it?
is it both?

But then I realized I'm missing key information. What color are the missile contrails? That's the key fact, crow!

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Psion posted:

pretty sure Shamrock isn't the only one getting punished here

is it you, for buying that?
is it us, for having to see it?
is it both?

Obviously he's combating the excessive celestial energy in this thread by channeling pure diabolic evil from the blackest pits of Hell. Though I would point out excessive cleverness in this area could give people new and terrible avatar ideas, so use this dark chaos power with caution.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

the angels just keep on dancin

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Thought I'd easy off on filing peoples' taxes so Danaru or Fedule could get in on the action, but no matter--I'm here to help!

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Sally posted:

Thought I'd easy off on filing peoples' taxes so Danaru or Fedule could get in on the action, but no matter--I'm here to help!

Ya missed mine earlier. Would hate to be in arrears!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
:goofy:

I didn't think I missed anything... skimming through your posts in the thread, I think I've gotten the wrong one, but to be honest I don't know that I would've taxed the post I just hit. Ah well, better safe than unpaid taxes. Lemme know if I got the right one.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
lmao, oh poo poo, this is what I get for Ctrl-Fing "dance" instead of "dancing" or just "angel". sorry, Heretic! i got the right one. congrats on the double tax! :negative:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
I'm going to have to run this mistake up the bureaucratic queue. Need an admin to retract the mistake sixxer so that the proper Angel Tax sixxer can be run through. loving rookie mistake over here, sorry everyone!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
To make up for, please note that crow has been probated for the OP of the thread.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
CJacobs and I were discussing something the other night regarding this LP while working on a SUPER SECRET PROJECT together that may or may not also involve Blind Sally too, and he posited a truly horrifying what-if sinario that involved the prospect of a thread poster playing an absolutely legendary long con where the first letter of every post they made in the thread spells out the cursed phrase when you go and hit the ? button to look at just their posts.

I'm certain someone has done it. So, Sally, Fedule, Dan, you now need to check everyone's post history in the thread to see if it has happened or not. Get on it.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
:mrgw:

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

So if I use it out in the wild outside of this OP

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Well, the Feds deposited the tax payment check I made, so I guess that’s something to dance about. Still need to do my state ones this weekend and stop procrastinating.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

As if that would protect crow :colbert:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Fun fact that I just learned about SA's probation system: As it turns out, you can't stack sixxers. (I feel like I knew this at some point... but utterly forgot...) I figured the second sixxer would trigger once the first was over. It didn't. Makes sense, stops IKs from chain-probing people too easily. So when HereticMIND's first probation ended the second sat in the queue. Fedule thought I'd missed the other taxable post and so hit it as well... but had messed up the URL for the song link, so asked an admin to go in and fix it. Athanatos noticed my queued probe when making the fix, and ran it at the same time as Fedule's. Therefore, while it appears HereticMIND has been hit twice for a single "tax post", it's indeed only a single sixxer--just with two entries.

HereticMIND, thank you for joining us on this educational adventure.

:patriot:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Stop testing on live.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Sally posted:

Fun fact that I just learned about SA's probation system: As it turns out, you can't stack sixxers. (I feel like I knew this at some point... but utterly forgot...) I figured the second sixxer would trigger once the first was over. It didn't. Makes sense, stops IKs from chain-probing people too easily. So when HereticMIND's first probation ended the second sat in the queue. Fedule thought I'd missed the other taxable post and so hit it as well... but had messed up the URL for the song link, so asked an admin to go in and fix it. Athanatos noticed my queued probe when making the fix, and ran it at the same time as Fedule's. Therefore, while it appears HereticMIND has been hit twice for a single "tax post", it's indeed only a single sixxer--just with two entries.

HereticMIND, thank you for joining us on this educational adventure.

:patriot:

I feel like I should be champing at the bit for some form of compensation (maybe an upgrade to archives) for this obvious gaffe, but in the grand scheme of things, it’s no big deal.

(If you do decide to grab me an archives upgrade, thanks! If not, that’s ok)

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sOwxa41mVo

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Mmmmmm...delicious cooked Pasta!

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Tb qnapr jvgu gur natryf

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
What a silly gun.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Shamrock: "What was that?"

Talisman: "A little something I like to call 'You shouldn't have started monologuing within railgun range.'"

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Great video.

Of course, hitting him mid monologue would’ve been better.

Dabbling in corny anime speeches mid-battle should probably be punished.

Actually, I have to admit I’m surprised how brief Pasternak’s appearance in the plot is, I thought I remembered him showing up more.

Naturally, nostalgia plays tricks on you.

Congratulations on finishing this lp, though! It’s funny looking back and seeing how long ago this started.

Exceptional work on all these videos, it really makes me appreciate these games.

What’s next? Do you know when you’ll be doing 7?

I would need to buy a new microphone but I’d be happy to help with that one if needed.

The game is pretty fun, and I look forward to seeing someone way better at ace combat than me tackle it.

However, I actually think 6 did a few things better.

This one feels a lot more like you’re actually part of a war,, and there are fewer annoying gimmick missions.

Helping out your buddies on the ground feels pretty good, but I like blowing up ground targets more than some.

Excellent graphics in 7 though, and I think most of what it does is really cool.

Ace Combat is a really fun series, so it’s hard to come down too hard on any one entry.

Not to say any of the games are perfect, but 6’s many flaws have been discussed to death.

Great work on all these lps through the years, it must’ve been an ordeal so far!

Editing that many videos is a lot of work!

Let’s Play is lucky to have people willing to put this much effort into things. Good forum.

Sorry for the long winded post!

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Oh I see what you did there.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
What if the angels come dance with you instead?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

nine-gear crow posted:

CJacobs and I were discussing something the other night regarding this LP while working on a SUPER SECRET PROJECT together that may or may not also involve Blind Sally too, and he posited a truly horrifying what-if sinario that involved the prospect of a thread poster playing an absolutely legendary long con where the first letter of every post they made in the thread spells out the cursed phrase when you go and hit the ? button to look at just their posts.

I'm certain someone has done it. So, Sally, Fedule, Dan, you now need to check everyone's post history in the thread to see if it has happened or not. Get on it.

N
I
C
O
L
E

I
S

A
N

A
N
G
E
L

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Do these last two count, crow?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Sally posted:

Do these last two count, crow?

Flip a coin. Heads, they go free. Tails, tax time.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Truth is, the game was rigged from the start, wasn't it?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Back Hack posted:

Truth is, the game was rigged from the start, wasn't it?

The only one who knows the truth is the man who pulled the trigger.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Nvm

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

The story of my life

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
The dance of your angels

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Is that the actual music for that level? Wow it's annoying.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

McGavin posted:

Is that the actual music for that level? Wow it's annoying.

I mean, that's just the first 30 seconds of Malbolge, the rest of the song is a lot better as it gets rolling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC1EwijD598

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Wow, the annoying beeping part lasts the entire length of the music.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

McGavin posted:

Wow, the annoying beeping part lasts the entire length of the music.

Yeah holy cow what a distracting rhythm! It's like loving crazy bus! (warning: horrible beeping, fairly loudly)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC0cvwnG0Ik

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Malebolge is the weirdest track in the soundtrack by a long, long way

it's no Daredevil, but what is