Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Lastgirl posted:

hi

ive developed an unhealthy obsession with bootstraps lately

like actual bootstraps

is that normal

asking as a conservative to another conservative here :shobon:

i own a pair of boots but they don't have straps :confused:

am i doing something wrong?

help!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

new kind of cat posted:

i own a pair of boots but they don't have straps :confused:

am i doing something wrong?

help!!

buy new boots to bolster the economy

jigokuman
Aug 28, 2002

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.
DON'T TRAD ON ME!!

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
personally, i think people can often thrive no matter how they choose to live .. but i also think a lot of people benefit from having some kind of blueprint to live their life by. for example the moral teachings of the holy bible

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i'm rereading the gospels for the first time in a bit, there's some striking stuff in there. definitely recommended if you like old things

Kromlech
Jun 28, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

I.N.R.I posted:

People with conservative values like myself seem underrepresented on this website so this is a megathread for people who believe in the value of developing a strong moral character and personal responsibility as well as maintaining a loving and safe environment for our families lol.

no.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

I.N.R.I posted:

personally, i think people can often thrive no matter how they choose to live .. but i also think a lot of people benefit from having some kind of blueprint to live their life by. for example the moral teachings of the holy bible

I have rarely been as tempted to goatse a post as I am this one.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
This is probably a controversial opinion to have but i feel like people who are unhappy with themselves and their situations would be better served searching for direct solutions to their problems instead of being angry or shifting responsibility onto people or forces that they cant control for all of their misery. for example by living a balanced lifestyle, having hobbies, eating well, and getting enough sunlight

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I take oxy to feel better about myself and my situation

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

I.N.R.I posted:

This is probably a controversial opinion to have but i feel like people who are unhappy with themselves and their situations would be better served searching for direct solutions to their problems instead of being angry or shifting responsibility onto people or forces that they cant control for all of their misery. for example by living a balanced lifestyle, having hobbies, eating well, and getting enough sunlight

exactly, which is why illegal immigrants are the primary cause of all my problems

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Jose posted:

I've only got one hudrpcodone left and my root canal is not great lmao

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Theodore Kaczynski believed that being worked up about leftism was due to deep seated feelings of shame and self-hatred, as well as "oversocialization" to hypermodern societal demands, and articulated this in a rather arresting section of Industrial Society and Its Future

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

I work good and I work hard

But fist take care of head

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
i have no loving clue how marginal tax brackets work

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Jose posted:

this but alcohol

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

i take alcohol as well

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
hell im drinking right now

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

i'm a conservationist

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
Vote conservatively, imbibe liberally.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

I.N.R.I posted:

i love jesus. jesus blessed me with an amazing mother, who is no longer with us. i pray for her safe journey every day

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
i respect the troops

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

:yeah:

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

I.N.R.I posted:

People with conservative values like myself seem underrepresented on this website so this is a megathread for people who believe in the value of developing a strong moral character and personal responsibility as well as maintaining a loving and safe environment for our families lol.

Yeah, I just want the Holy Mother Church to be restored to her place.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Darkman Fanpage posted:

i respect the troops

* as long as they're straight, white, Christian men

Dairy Days
Dec 26, 2007

praise The Lord

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

I.N.R.I posted:

I took your advice and went for a walk to take my mind off my problems.

Now i am riddled with skin cancer.

Your advice seems to be nothing more than an attempt to accelerate white genocide IMO. :colbert:

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I think conservatism has lost its identity of self reliability, grace, and healthy family values, and I hope we can heal these rifts between us and bring people back under the wisdom and light of God.

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
where can I find the full text of marijuana simpson

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

The Lobotomy Kid posted:

where can I find the full text of marijuana simpson

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

i am so stupid and conceited that I see myself (a damnable wretched sinner) as knowing literally anything about a "strong moral character"

i am a conservative

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

the black husserl posted:

i am so stupid and conceited that I see myself (a damnable wretched sinner) as knowing literally anything about a "strong moral character"

i am a conservative

Hey ... cheer up mate. politics are interesting and super important and stuff but human decency should come first, no? people who lose sight of that tend to have something important missing from their lives. for example the moral teachings of the holy bible

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
the bible taught me that genocidal wars and sex slaves are a-ok

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

ecclesiastes and job are also really good but i think most people know that

Gone Fission
Apr 7, 2007

We're here to make coffee metal. We're here to make everything metal.

I.N.R.I posted:

the moral teachings of the holy bible

the what now

TrilliontonNixon posted:

the bible taught me that genocidal wars and sex slaves are a-ok

don't forget incest, polygamy, abusing children and animals, and alcoholism

i... i don't know about this moral code, guys

maybe we should look instead to civil law? respect for institutions, legal authority, and a society where disputes are settled non-violently? someone should start a political movement based on those values

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
The homeless are homeless because they're bad. Rich peopke are rich because they're good. So simple!

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
Actually, homeless people are homeless because of special interest groups sucking tax dollars out of the economy that would otherwise go to charity.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Gone Fission posted:

the what now

don't forget incest, polygamy, abusing children and animals, and alcoholism

i... i don't know about this moral code, guys

maybe we should look instead to civil law? respect for institutions, legal authority, and a society where disputes are settled non-violently? someone should start a political movement based on those values

All of that stuff is really good lol. just kidding, i probably should have made it more clear in my post but i meant the stuff along the lines of loving thy neighbor and helping the people closest to you when they are in need as opposed to doing incest and turning homosexual people into a pillar of salt

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

I.N.R.I posted:

All of that stuff is really good lol. just kidding, i probably should have made it more clear in my post but i meant the stuff along the lines of loving thy neighbor and helping the people closest to you when they are in need as opposed to doing incest and turning homosexual people into a pillar of salt

:frogout: liberal scum

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
No pillar of salt == RINO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

Want to win a consultation with Tiffany? Click
here.
Actual existing capitalism is going to turn all your precious notions of family and morality to ash in its mindless pursuit of profit. Have fun believing you can have your cake and eat it too.

• Locked thread