Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

morally adept posted:

Actual existing capitalism is going to turn all your precious notions of family and morality to ash in its mindless pursuit of profit. Have fun believing you can have your cake and eat it too.

i doubt it .. cities and trade and stuff have worked perfectly well for the last 5-6000 years or so, its obvious the human race has come a long way since the iron age etc and much of that advancement has come in modern times. i think this kind of mindset only really exists in people who are unsatisfied with their lot in life and want to blame something other than themselves for it. i wonder if the ancient sumerians had people in the streets saying the same kinds of stuff too. i personally think those sumerians would have been better served by directing their negative energy towards raising camels to sell at the market

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

morally adept posted:

Actual existing capitalism is going to turn all your precious notions of family and morality to ash in its mindless pursuit of profit. Have fun believing you can have your cake and eat it too.

so you're saying I can either have cake or a family

*begins sweating profusely*

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

I.N.R.I posted:

i doubt it .. cities and trade and stuff have worked perfectly well for the last 5-6000 years or so, its obvious the human race has come a long way since the iron age etc and much of that advancement has come in modern times. i think this kind of mindset only really exists in people who are unsatisfied with their lot in life and want to blame something other than themselves for it. i wonder if the ancient sumerians had people in the streets saying the same kinds of stuff too. i personally think those sumerians would have been better served by directing their negative energy towards raising camels to sell at the market

The more your political vision involves elaborate social engineering that upends these historical norms the more likely it is to fail. This used to be a built in advantage of conservatism, but now conservatism as it is politically represented today contains more wacky social engineering that anything on the left short of actual communism.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Agag posted:

The more your political vision involves elaborate social engineering that upends these historical norms the more likely it is to fail. This used to be a built in advantage of conservatism, but now conservatism as it is politically represented today contains more wacky social engineering that anything on the left short of actual communism.

id like to advocate conservativism as a personal lifestyle choice rather than social law. charity begins at home and all that .. i think if people are dilligent about being as kind and capable as they can be then they will have much more of a positive affect on the world and their own personal environment than through any other method available to them

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

I.N.R.I posted:

id like to advocate conservativism as a personal lifestyle choice rather than social law. charity begins at home and all that .. i think if people are dilligent about being as kind and capable as they can be then they will have much more of a positive affect on the world and their own personal environment than through any other method available to them

It seems more practical the establishing an ethno-state.

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

Want to win a consultation with Tiffany? Click
here.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

so you're saying I can either have cake or a family

*begins sweating profusely*

Personally I'm going with cake.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
I can't wait till we install an American caliphate

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

I'm just saying compared to ISIS I think American conservatives need to step up their conservation game luckily the recent action of a few young men in Charlottesville give me hope for the future

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Capitalism cannot fail, only be failed.

Poverty? Inequality? Systems and institutions? Pfft, forget those $10 words.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Dreddout posted:

I'm just saying compared to ISIS I think American conservatives need to step up their conservation game luckily the recent action of a few young men in Charlottesville give me hope for the future

*2033 Free Republic Forums thread "degenerates are taking marriage too far"*

What the gently caress is wrong with the youth these days? Ain't it enough that my wife's cock is bigger than mine? They gotta extend marriage to futanari too? WHAT HAPPENED TO TRADITION!?

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

conservatism is a trash ideology for trash people. sorry about your dumb and lovely beliefs op

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

babypolis posted:

conservatism is a trash ideology for trash people. sorry about your dumb and lovely beliefs op

Why you heff to be mad

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Atzlan ain't free, The Fifth Sun gotta be litterd with the blood of Europeans. Guacamole Victoria aka "The Spanish Flea" is not my presidnet he is catholick rebublican and probbably spaniard as well :DD. HUĪTZILIN and Teotl not Jesus and YAHWEH ok. praise tlaloc

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

I.N.R.I posted:

You call yourself conservative? While saying that?

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I agree with the OP ... I mean we should look at the core of conservatism, which is the love of family and making sure that the kids grow up healthy. surely no one can disagree with this?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
i'm so conservative i want 2 regress to a time before people existed and preserve that world

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

got any sevens posted:

i'm so conservative i want 2 regress to a time before people existed and preserve that world

well, the world is your oyster as they say. if you want something doing on your terms then its unreasonable to expect it to happen if you shift the responsibility onto other people. this idea of personal responsibility and capability is one i think that all people can stand to benefit from adhering to

Gone Fission
Apr 7, 2007

We're here to make coffee metal. We're here to make everything metal.

I.N.R.I posted:

well, the world is your oyster as they say. if you want something doing on your terms then its unreasonable to expect it to happen if you shift the responsibility onto other people. this idea of personal responsibility and capability is one i think that all people can stand to benefit from adhering to

but i can still blame the immigrants right

*pulls ladder up behind me*

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
You know basedon your whole things are getting better now and personal responsibility spiel you just seem to be a right libertarian.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Jizz Festival
Oct 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
crowsbeak literally got a boner when he saw his chance to school some fools on what real conservatism look slike

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Control Volume posted:

I think conservatism has lost its identity of self reliability, grace, and healthy family values, and I hope we can heal these rifts between us and bring people back under the wisdom and light of God.

this but unironically

His Purple Majesty
Dec 12, 2008

shiksa posted:

hey

gently caress u

Padams
Jun 30, 2000

I Have the Power

to turn your property's lights off
Oh God (lol), its like my Catholic priest uncle started a thread in CSPAM. I can't wait to serve the Lord by yelling at women for daring to plan their pregnancies and voting to kill the poor like a good Christian. Because Jesus definitely loved the rich, hated the poor, and went on at length about the evils of abortion.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

try thinkimg of a good thing conservatism has done, you cant lmso. its always been about defending heinous poo poo like slavery, segregation, aparthereid, discriminination agaisnt gays etc. its a disgusting ideology

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Padams posted:

Catholic priest uncle

:stare:

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Freudian

Normie Chomsky
Apr 10, 2008

babypolis posted:

Typical aggressive libtard.

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

What if my lot in life is fine, but I can see how other people are getting crushed by capitalism? The sumerians were not hoarding wealth for quarterly profits

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
I think, as a conservative, that we start demanding the homeless start taking personal responsibility for being homeless.

By which I mean, they should stop asking for money, 'food' or a 'job', and hurry up and die, because the inconvenience of seeing them is getting a little too much.

But why stop there? Let's apply conservatism to history: Just imagine if plantation slaves had taken personal responsibility, maybe used a little bit of positive thinking and bootstraps. I mean, we can all blame 'systems', and 'laws', and all those other excuses until the cows come home, but the world is your oyster, as they say.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Dreddout posted:

its so nice to see people so devout to their beliefs, and what better nation than America to exercise that belief and impose it on others out of moral authority thanks to the bible as a strong guideline in these trying times

i just wish that the doubters would just give it a chance, that conservatives like us are trying to improve things around here

sometimes it just takes a challenger to stand up for those ideals

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i conserve my seed too op

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Killin_Like_Bronson posted:

What if my lot in life is fine, but I can see how other people are getting crushed by capitalism? The sumerians were not hoarding wealth for quarterly profits

You could print out some deleuze + guattari and show it to them

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

Is that why conservatives hate the idea of healthcare, social insurance, and hell even the idea of society?

Vox Nihili has issued a correction as of 02:03 on Aug 24, 2017

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
most people I've known who talk a lot about how other people need to be more responsible tend to have lots of divorces and credit card debt under their straining belts tbh; ironically, it just becomes another way of blaming other people for your problems.

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos
No but you see if we had back the fraction of a percent of the budget that goes to NPR and foreign aid, then we'd all be doing fine.

What do you mean I pay a higher percentage of my income than CEOs and wealthy inheritors do, that sounds like commie talk to me

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Jizz Festival posted:

crowsbeak literally got a boner when he saw his chance to school some fools on what real conservatism look slike

I just like to mock the shallowness of American Conservatism.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
This thread isnt about american conservatism, its about regular conservatism -- family values, the importance of nurturing personal responsibility and capability within ourselves so that we're better equipped to tackle the issues that were passionate about, and the moral teachings of the holy bible

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

There is no remembrance of former things; neither shall there be any remembrance of things that are to come with those that shall come after.

• Locked thread