Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
wait do characters have multiple assists? krillin on stream just did a beam assist but ive also seen him do a senzu bean and also i think a rock throw?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Terper posted:

Give me the sexiest, best, coolest gameplay on youtube right now.

e: Please.

There's some ok gameplay here, best ive found on YT so far

General Morden posted:

https://youtu.be/aMOLeRYZFGs?list=PL-1vOMacC3ZdVlasrDLuuBC10g4oYFRYA&t=87

even got clothing physics

the attention to detail is astounding

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
What the crap where are the motions beyond quarter circles? Not even a DP motion

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Yeah I was unironically hoping Frieza had an old raging storm pretzel motion or something.

And how is Krillin not a charge character?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

frieza has a 22a, cell has command normals

Ixiggle
Apr 28, 2009
Arc knows it's gonna have big casual appeal hence a dedicated fireball button and avoiding any complicated motions. See also persona 4 arena

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I thought the idea was that all the characters had the same basic motions. As a Yamcha level scrub I can dig it. Never was a fan of Russian Pretzel motions.

Also, Android 16 is so big that most of the other characters look like they are constantly hitting him in the dick. Specifically Vegeta.

Kobold Sex Tape
Feb 17, 2011

Countblanc posted:

wait do characters have multiple assists? krillin on stream just did a beam assist but ive also seen him do a senzu bean and also i think a rock throw?

ive seen posts saying he has faust items so it may just be a random item toss as the assist or something. or eveyrone may be wrong because nobody knows anything.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Countblanc posted:

i heard it was an order of like something, rocks, senzu bean

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Countblanc posted:

Krillin's is a bit weird. Basically he has a limited number of Senzu beans and he doesn't throw them every time, it follows a pattern:
1x Bean
3x Rocks
1x Bean
etc

Until he runs out of beans. This overlaps with the equivalent special move he has, including the bean count.

I believe you can also control where they get thrown because I've seen him tossing rocks across the screen before.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
has krillin ever thrown a rock in the manga, im guessing he has to distract an enemy for goku or w/e

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
truly krillin is for experienced gamers only

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

anime was right posted:

has krillin ever thrown a rock in the manga, im guessing he has to distract an enemy for goku or w/e

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLjU8Z4hAQA

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

lmfao

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Krillin's after image stuff looks cool. I really want to see a breakdown of more characters. Is Vegeta supposed to be a zoner? Max said Trunks was a pressure character. 16 is a grappler. I'm curious about the archetypes of the characters.

E: More characters need gimmick IKs, too. I was hoping when 16 kills you with his, his victory screeen is just his head on the floor smirking

E2: Also, 18's alternate color should just be 17, Yun/Yang pre-3S style

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Aug 23, 2017

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

I actually remember that part. That is such a ridiculously deep cut.

Also Krillin is unironically one of the best characters in Dragonball in that he has the balls to actively participate in all the story arcs (Haven't watched Super so I can't speak on that) even when it has become clear he clearly outmatched.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Unlucky7 posted:

(Haven't watched Super so I can't speak on that)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAibmdtd3-g

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I hope tien has solar flare to blind the players instantly and if he's your character you just have to close your eyes before the rapid white flashing.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
If every character has as many cool things as Krillin, we're in good shape. Him being able to jump while doing kamehameha, blast the ground and manuever himself, etc.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Krillin always had such cool attacks and tactics, it sucks that he just kinda got shat all over halfway through Z. To be fair he's had some real cool moments in Super. For that matter, so has Roshi.

Master Roshi for DBFZ please. He also needs a level 3 that works different on the girl characters IF YA KNOW WHAT I MEAN

:dukedoge:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Gutcruncher posted:

Krillin always had such cool attacks and tactics, it sucks that he just kinda got shat all over halfway through Z. To be fair he's had some real cool moments in Super. For that matter, so has Roshi.

Master Roshi for DBFZ please. He also needs a level 3 that works different on the girl characters IF YA KNOW WHAT I MEAN

:dukedoge:

Roshi should take triple damage and knockback from female characters

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Instead of flying he will ride around on that Gamera thing. Another thing Duper brought back that owns.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i think if u put roshi nappa tien and beerus in id be happy

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Firstborn posted:

Krillin's after image stuff looks cool. I really want to see a breakdown of more characters. Is Vegeta supposed to be a zoner? Max said Trunks was a pressure character. 16 is a grappler. I'm curious about the archetypes of the characters.

E: More characters need gimmick IKs, too.

Goku/Gohan/Vegita seem to be varying flavors of Shotos more or less, pretty standard guys with fireball + DP + kicking moves. Vegita in particular is pretty stubby but has a divekick and the fireball barrage for ranged pressure.

Krillin really seems to be the 'tricky' type character. He has demon-flip like moves that can be faked, have multiple different followups, and different angles they can jump at. Besides that, he has the angled fireballs that snake around at 90 degrees and can fly up off the top of the screen and back down. He can throw a fireball directly downward which gives him a 'hop' ability kind of like Gato, but he can do it in the air even so it seems like he will also be able to harass from above. Oh and he can charge up and jump while doing Kamehameha which is hilarious. Not sure what the solar flare is for yet, doesn't seem like a gimmick DP. Destructo Disc actually doesn't seem unblockable from what I've seen, it does decent-ish damage if you mash it but then it consumes a ton of meter. The Lv3 super is interesting because even if it is blocked, it turns into the fireball rain, which obsures a shitload of the screen for a long time, so it might be useful for scumbag mixups similar to Dark Angel.

Piccolo is interesting, right now the most defining thing seems to be the homing fireball. It's big and moves very slowly, but it tracks so you can use it to protect yourself against the Instant Transmissions at neutral to some degree. It also negates other normal fireballs entirely. The 'fast' version is actually pretty quick to startup and has decent frame advantage too, I saw some people using it kind of like a Guile boom, though how good it actually is for that is questionable still.
His grab arms are long ranged throws, you can combo into and out of them, but I'm assuming they are fairly restrictive in how that works (tons of people not getting combos off them, but a few people did). I'm already seeing some possible setups with putting out the homing fireball as oki then grabbing before it connects, stuff like that. Oh and you can aim them up/down/forward as well.
He's also got a counter that teleports, and the teleport appears to be able to swing in different directions. So maybe do this plus a projectile assist from some hard to see crossup mixups.
And on top of that he has the 'dash behind' elbow strike which again is crossup material. The Assist version of this is particularly interesting because it essentially vacuums the other player towards you.

16 is maybe a grappler but he's pretty far from the typical archetype. He's got multiple projectile options (rocket punches, and diagonal down beams), a normal dash, the homing dash, his tackle normals have super armor, and his dash-grab also has armor. His IK is fully invincible and goes a LONG way across the screen, and his Lv3 Hell Flash has some pretty big range. So he seems awesome.

18 appears to be the obnoxious pseudo-puppet rush down character. She can have 17 doing stuff completely independent of her, and he can eat hits (not sure if that actually 'absorbs' the hit or not) and this does not cause any damage to 18. She has a lot of moves that seem to keep her in, and her command grab gets her combos for free.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
/\/\/\ Hey, thanks. I saw at the end of the stream Vegeta was doing a thing where he swipes his hand in front of him, and he was getting auto-parry kind of like Ryo's command parry from KOF. Is that a universal tech or unique to his character?
The stream said Trunks' lvl 3 is a grab, Max said it isn't in his video. Huh.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Aug 23, 2017

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
trunks definitely has a command throw whiff super of some kind

max might be thinking because it can combo its not a grab and a strike, but grabs combo

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

drat, I totally forgot how loving lit this scene is, and some people still moan about Super.

A shame Krillin got chumped by Frost.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Firstborn posted:

/\/\/\ Hey, thanks. I saw at the end of the stream Vegeta was doing a thing where he swipes his hand in front of him, and he was getting auto-parry kind of like Ryo's command parry from KOF.

I belieeeeve that's universal, because I've seen Goku and Piccolo using it too. Saw Goku reflect a Big Bang + Burning Attack DHC with it which was lol

If Trunk's Lv3 is a throw it's got some hella short range, I've seen it miss almost point blank a few times.

Parachute
May 18, 2003
which guy is the long range poke character?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Parachute posted:

which guy is the long range poke character?

not really anyone that we've seen.

Parachute
May 18, 2003

Countblanc posted:

not really anyone that we've seen.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Buu has some decently long stretchy arms but ... yeah nobody is really fitting that archetype yet. Piccolo's got some pretty long range normals with his ... antennae lightning bolts, assuming they don't count as projectiles anyway. I still can't really tell what the properties are like on his grabhands but they don't seem very Sim like.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
yeah i really want a long range char thats uses limbs in some capacity. i thought maybe 16 could do that with rocket arms or something but i guess not

maybe one of the other buus? (super/kid w/e)

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i fully expect Gotenks to be a "fill the screen with poo poo" character and also to have an Item Toss

Parachute
May 18, 2003
i will be 100% happy if fat buu is the stretchy limb hit character

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

It could maybe be Kid Goku with the power pole.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Countblanc posted:

i fully expect Gotenks to be a "fill the screen with poo poo" character and also to have an Item Toss

"item toss" is just like 7 rotating special moves that are different projectiles. that would be neat for him.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Parachute posted:

i will be 100% happy if fat buu is the stretchy limb hit character

hes in and hes got like one move like that, so hes not.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Kid goku with power pole would rule, and his super could be the giant monkey install.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
bulma but in a robot