Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

also Bulma

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

BoosterDuck posted:

what about Kid Goku and Majin Fajitas

and Emeror Pilaf

Tasty but will destroy your colon

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Bulma inside a Capsule mech with a bunch of gadget weapons being the DBFZ Tron Bonne analogue would be fantastic.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Since super dash is no longer a requirement I will continue to demand they put in Hercule. Instead of a ki blast he has a gun.

The gun does ki blast damage because everyone's too strong for bullets to be anything more than an annoyance

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Farmer with a Gun from the beginning of the Saiyan Saga when

having flashbacks to mid 2000's GameFAQs Budokai message boards....

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Couple nice touches with Roshi. He can lose his glasses partway through the fight and he doesn't fly like other characters but propels himself by firing a ki blast behind him.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Tons of balance changes coming this patch as well. No nerfs to UI goku but it looks like nearly everyone gets buffs. Except zamasu and Goku Black, who can suck it apparently.

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2020/sep/13/dragon-ball-fighterz-patch-notes/

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

my boy nappa getting some love, and jirens counters may not actually be a detriment to his health and safety now

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Great Beer posted:

Tons of balance changes coming this patch as well. No nerfs to UI goku but it looks like nearly everyone gets buffs. Except zamasu and Goku Black, who can suck it apparently.

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2020/sep/13/dragon-ball-fighterz-patch-notes/

I wonder if Videl will actually be playable now. They've buffed almost every aspect of her kit at this point.

I guess it really depends on the changes they made to her spot dodge. If she can actually dodge and then punish things now she might be pretty decent but otherwise she's still probably the bottomest of bottom tiers. Not having reflect and not having pushblock just gives her so many problems

Lynx Winters
May 1, 2003

Borderlawns: The Treehouse of Pandora
Did I miss something in a previous patch or does 17's rekka still not have an airtight path as of these new patch notes?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

nice

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Having a character with no reflect and a character with no super dash, the gimmicks Mr. Satan would have if he was in the game, brings his chances of getting in to somewhere around nil

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
This has been a great season and the game has gotten incredibly fun compared to the degenerate nature of season 1/2

Good patch, can't wait to melt more people by slamming square mindlessly with TGohan

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Still wish they'd buffed his ki blasts

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUQbmoqAtNo

good news: they didn't go full creepo for roshi

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Blockhouse posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUQbmoqAtNo

good news: they didn't go full creepo for roshi

lol I love the one for young Gohan. Roshi has a friendly question about fighting and Gohan explodes into SSJ2 and goes "I willl stop you!"

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Super Baby 2 is out for some

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Baby assist mechanic intro with our own rooflemonger

https://youtu.be/B-OGaKYMaKI

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy
Oh cool, this thread is back! I've not had a chance to play Baby yet but he looks like pretty fun; for now though I'm content to farm easy wins from people still getting to grips with him as I do every time a new character is released.

Speaking of which, is anyone still playing Roshi? I swear I'm the only guy that mains him and I still have a ton of players who have no idea how to react to his moveset. His AA attack is such a great cheapshot and no-one ever seems to see it coming-- nothing I love more than punishing errant jumpers by zapping them three times in a row then throwing his little teleport chop move into the mix as soon as they wise up and start turtling. Is he considered a low-tier character or is it just a case of the playerbase's fixation on only ever picking the characters with the highest power levels in the show? Swear to god I'm sick to death of playing against UI/Vegito/Broly hell teams and wish I could get a bit more opponent variety in ranked matches. That's why I love new character weeks so much

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Are there any good intros for a total newbie to this game?

I've got it in November, got really demotivated by all the ultra instinct Goku crap so i never actually touched the game but i DO miss punching the crap out of someone using yamcha

Oberst
May 24, 2010

pablo gbscobar posted:

Oh cool, this thread is back! I've not had a chance to play Baby yet but he looks like pretty fun; for now though I'm content to farm easy wins from people still getting to grips with him as I do every time a new character is released.

Speaking of which, is anyone still playing Roshi? I swear I'm the only guy that mains him and I still have a ton of players who have no idea how to react to his moveset. His AA attack is such a great cheapshot and no-one ever seems to see it coming-- nothing I love more than punishing errant jumpers by zapping them three times in a row then throwing his little teleport chop move into the mix as soon as they wise up and start turtling. Is he considered a low-tier character or is it just a case of the playerbase's fixation on only ever picking the characters with the highest power levels in the show? Swear to god I'm sick to death of playing against UI/Vegito/Broly hell teams and wish I could get a bit more opponent variety in ranked matches. That's why I love new character weeks so much

Roshi is extremely good high tier (UI, TGohan, ZBroly, etc(, he just happens to also be the hardest character in the game to play. Iirc both the US and Japanese national champions played him Mid (his B assist is sick2nasty

Also vegito is so mediocre

Oberst fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Jan 14, 2021

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Mans posted:

Are there any good intros for a total newbie to this game?

I've got it in November, got really demotivated by all the ultra instinct Goku crap so i never actually touched the game but i DO miss punching the crap out of someone using yamcha

Basic tips video from SA's own rooflemonger:
https://youtu.be/mWGaG1xJ4kc

Id suggest exploring his channel and others like jmcrofts / knowkami / etc. The theory of the game has changed in the 3 years since release so do take old videos with a grain of salt

The first thing I tell newbies is just being able to do a basic rear end auto combo such as:

LLL -> SD -> LL jc LLL -> SKD Level 1 super

Thats about as simple as it gets and involves pressing two buttons total. If you can do that and slowly expand your repertoire its super easy to rank up to Demon. TBQH you can get all the way to like super saiyan god without actually knowing how to play the game

Wrt yamcha - hes an extremely strong high tier anchor with two of the best assists (A/B) in the game, but his buttons and combo structures are slightly more advanced than your average goku. He doesn't have a smash air extender like most of the cast and his buttons don't gatling quite as easily. Just try pressing ki blast at people with him as its extremely strong

https://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=DBFZ/Yamcha

Oberst fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Jan 14, 2021

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

My wishlist for the season 4 that we will probably never get:

Tao Pai Pai
Raditz
Turles
Lord Slug
Garlic Jr.
Android 13 (Super 13 as a special)
Tapion (With Hildegarn stand-like special attacks)

I guess what I really want is just a movie pack

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Raditz, Zarbon w/dodoria, Ribrienne, and Base Vegeta But Voiced By Brian Drummond

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

Lipstick Apathy

dr.acula posted:

My wishlist for the season 4 that we will probably never get:

Tao Pai Pai
Raditz
Turles
Lord Slug
Garlic Jr.
Android 13 (Super 13 as a special)
Tapion (With Hildegarn stand-like special attacks)

I guess what I really want is just a movie pack

I still think Raditz is a lame pick but at this point there's been enough characters released that it wouldn't feel like a letdown or a wasted slot if they were to announce him. It'd be cool to have an OG Saiyan team and a DF with Baseku/Piccolo as well.

Most of the rest of the movie villains are pretty underwhelming but they have some cool moves and it'd be a nice bit of variety from the onslaught of saiyans we have at the moment. Garlic Jr, Android 13 and Tapion could all be a lot of fun.

My picks would be:

Pan
King Piccolo
Imperfect Cell
2nd form Frieza
Ribrianne

Really though I'd rather wait for a sequel instead of getting more dlc at this point; With the roster starting to get pretty bloated I think it'd be smarter to start over again soon and take things back to square one, redesign the main cast and rebalance things in a fundamental way than can be done with just a patch. Instead of more Goku's give me a reimagined Trunks with his Super moveset, a Tien with the 6 arm technique or a Basegeta with an Oozaru lvl 3 etc- throw in some Super characters, a bunch more dramatic finishes and a few extra stages on top of that and you've easily got enough fresh material for a sequel.

pablo gbscobar fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Mar 14, 2021

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
A sequel needs to have more characters from classic Dragon Ball.

I understand all the perfectly legitimate reasons they went away from that in DBFZ, but Roshi alone shows that they can do that power scale and aesthetic approach well, and it'd be a wonderful change of pace in visuals compared to the rest.

Give me Launch and Yajirobe as fighters.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Hercule, Raditz, Tao Pai Pai and Zarbon are the one's I really want.

I want Zarbon's install to turn him from rushdown to a grappler.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Hell I'd be happy with Android 19

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It will be Raditz, Cabba, Caulifla, King Vegeta and Slime Vegeta.

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

Lipstick Apathy

Cleretic posted:

A sequel needs to have more characters from classic Dragon Ball.

I understand all the perfectly legitimate reasons they went away from that in DBFZ, but Roshi alone shows that they can do that power scale and aesthetic approach well, and it'd be a wonderful change of pace in visuals compared to the rest.

Give me Launch and Yajirobe as fighters.

Agreed, I'd love to have a proper Kid Goku with a DB movset. Give him the rock-paper-scissors move with a bunch of varients, the feet kamehameha, a great ape lvl 3 and have him use nimbus for his super-dash. Tonnes of dramatic finish potential too!

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

add Jaco

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
Raditz
Majin Fajitas
Kid Goku who calls in nimbus for super dash
King Piccolo who calls in his sons for attacks
Mercenary Tao
Pilaf Machine

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Bulma using capsules for all her attacks.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
bulma in a mech

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Hace posted:

bulma in a mech

all i want outta this game

or shu/mai/pilaf in mechs as a 3 in 1 character

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Raditz
God of Destruction Top
Omega Shenron
SSB Evolved Vegeta
Dabura
Grandpa Gohan

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Putting Bulma in a mech is nerfing her character from the outset because we know her true power is berating people.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

They've heard what the people want and the next pack will be Shirtless Super Saiyan Goku, Super Saiyan God Goku, Goku Without Weighted Clothing, and Baseball Yamcha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Yardrat Goku. Pretty much just SSJ Goku but he wears that funky outfit and he can do meterless teleporting.