Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Haystack posted:

Please. You're like the third useless earnest AI Guy I've seen randomly pop up in the threads i follow recently. Everyone always hates this line of discussion. Just... drop it :reject:

While you luddites wait for the next TWI chapter, I'll be enjoying a dozen volumes of AI-generated Bird slash fiction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Aware posted:

6 full length novels of silveran cleaning increasingly difficult things and getting sweet skills

Finally a prog lit I can recommend to my dad.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Nothingtoseehere posted:

TWI is bad though.

Compared to what?

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
TWI is good because when there's nothing else to say about a character, pirateaba explores another character or another continent rather than tread water with filler between arcs. The "filler" is usually a slice of life with satisfying character moments rather than just describing everyone's boring hobbies for three chapters. Characters get the narrative spotlight when they're doing something worth reading. As a consequence there are two hundred perspective characters.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
Web Serials: I don't really dig it but sadly I have nothing else to read and so I will continue.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
I thought Elder Cultivator might easily be the worst story I've ever been addicted to, but I feel like it's actually getting good about a hundred chapters in.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I'm uh, 831 chapters in (look I had covid okay I don't have stamina to do anything real) and it is pretty good

like I definitely have a favorite character and they have experienced Actual Growth and Actual Consequences

also the author is really good at handling the... scope creep?... that cultivation stories sometimes fall prey to, you know, like "there's an entire other galaxy out there! no wait an entire other universe! no wait an entire multiverse!" with continually escalating power levels? none of that poo poo.

Aww I was hoping to explore new levels of old.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Nothingtoseehere posted:

SS 120: Turns out Aulia's high pressure cooker environment pissed off both Lute and Hazel who'd guess? As much as a teenage brat she is being right now I kinda pity her.
My reaction to Alden telling off Hazel was that it seemed too perfect for him, like in reality the "embarrassed by having your own behavior described" line is something most people would mutter to their cat three hours later, not deliver in the moment. Like, I was wondering if I'd forgotten he'd applied a helpful word chain. But it was awesome and I enjoyed it anyway.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

90s Cringe Rock posted:

player manager: WIBWOB

I'm very excited for Chester's wibwob era.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

imnotinsane posted:

The premise of this one got me interested so I gave it a read. It was pretty compelling although I think as I got further along it became a little unfun to read all the trauma and how hosed up they all were. Definately one of the better works from royal road.

It also is a self contained story which I have come to enjoy more lately rather than sprawling works that have no focus and seem to lead no where.

It's a good read, I hope more people give it a go

Epilogue sounds good, I'll have to read it when I'm in the mood for trauma. I need more self contained stories.