Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
The Wandering Inn finally publicly posted that Doctor side-story people were praising a while back. It’s pretty good, and horrifying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

Avulsion posted:

Ryoka learns humility and the true meaning of friendship the hard way.
She wasn’t great at first, but grew on me. Her current adventures in friendship are great.

I still hope Toren is OK though. :ohdear:

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
New Wandering Inn, although I assume Patreon people read it ages ago. More Emperor is always good.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

lurksion posted:

Wandering Inn - RIP Toren? Or not. Could see it go either way.
If Pisces called up something he could put down, I'd be surprised.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

The Shortest Path posted:

A big underlying theme of TWI has been most of the world's denizens being extremely uncreative and focused on their classes and skills to an extreme degree, with those who understand how to work around that being in extremely powerful positions or nobility or whatever, or otherwise rising to prominence extremely quickly.
That is basically isekai.txt, although usually the native population are usually said to be extremely creative geniuses who are blown away by the protagonist being even smarter by saying something like "work out" or "try flanking." At least in Wandering Inn it's kind of a theme that's being addressed, not just background bad writing?

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

violent sex idiot posted:

ward is about how you absolutely should not ever give anyone a second chance
Even Wildbow? I haven't finished one of his stories since Worm. Actually the only one I read was Pact, for a while. All this talk lately is making me interested in seeing any trainwrecky aspects though, and I guess I should read it at some point so I can keep shitposting about worm fanfic.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

Kalas posted:

Said brute forcing things digs her deeper and deeper into the hole of alienating people though. She has few friends, some of them via saving their lives. She gets an abrupt awakening about her physical abilities when confronted by people with the levels/skills to beat her. Couriers smoke her. Currently Ryoka is trying hard to change the way she acts towards people, and it's a struggle.
She grows on you over time. Fans being fans though, the first impression of "this is terrible where's erin ryoka sucks" never changes, only intensifies.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
The Wandering Inn is when Erin throws a party and the more party she throws the more The Wandering Inn it is.

Edit: muscle wizard owns and I have high hopes for muscle pisces and muscle ceria

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
Magic and a bar with the whole party standing on it.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
The climax of the serial is going to be Erin yelling BRING IT IN, GUYS!!

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
Mrsha, Numbtongue & Yellow Splatters are going to be a great team some day.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
the litrpg with a pangolin now has an aussie shark, just thought you all should know.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

LLSix posted:

I just blasted through all 30 chapters of https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/26294/he-who-fights-with-monsters

It is pretty great. Not the most sensible decision making going on, but it is so fun I don’t really care.
"Was the world you were summoned from this village?"

Threadbare's onto a third story now, a prequel following a player before whatever happened.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
Someone please paste spreadsheets of stats into a Tingler, tia.

edit: and post it 500 words at a time

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

navyjack posted:

ARE YOU loving KIDDING ME?!? I find this fucker, binge it over several days, and catch up and it’s 10 chapters to the end and now I have to wait?!? :smithicide:
Hey, at least you came in after the most recent chapter finally did the thing.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
Oh. You haven't seen the sequel, then, The Last Angel: Ascension. Link should be in the OP's sig or profile.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

Lone Goat posted:

oh so is the first story in that one thread finished? i've been devouring it but slowed down because i thought it was unfinished but i'll pick it back up if the first selfcontained story is done
It's finished, has an epilogue and everything so it isn't just stopped at a random point, but it definitely sets up for the sequel IIRC. The author started a new thread for the sequel, and probably will for the next volume when the sequel ends, which feels closer and closer.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
aba stands for "another book, another"

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
It would probably be better if pirateaba spent less time writing words and more time removing and editing words, but it meets my high* standards** as a source of walls of text to cram into my eyes a couple of times a week. I probably wouldn't be reading it if it had started out with chapters this long, though. I looked at some stats and it really started getting chunkier in book 5 - it started out long, but not regularly novella-length.

It's like crab-boiling.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
Good news! They've stopped dying!

That was a tough arc.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
pirateaba: join my Patreon to get advance access to the next five hundred thousand words

That would be a hell of a way to ensure retention. That's what, ten weeks of her schedule? Jason's author is doing five a week though IIRC, so you're only a month ahead.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
er, I copied and pasted it into a word count thing and it said 24k, not 9k.

I literally don't have time to read it this morning.

90s Cringe Rock fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Sep 3, 2019

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
Because of paedophiles.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
Jason met a goddess, and she made a Ray Comfort joke. Also, double chapter.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
^^ yeah Jason's cool

And pirateaba was so proud of doing a sub-10k word chapter recently.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

Silynt posted:

And she’s really loving lingering on a meaningless side story.
At least it's not Flos...?

e: I assumed this was a patreon thing, but if it's the witches, they're good and cool, although she still really needs an editor somehow

90s Cringe Rock fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Sep 10, 2019

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
I hope the lakentown goblins work out. :ohdear:

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
I ran into that the other week. At first I was a bit put off by the premise of "mentally ill character is actually just seeing the Hidden Truth," which I've run into way too many times and is often terrible, but the story worked pretty well. Certainly well enough for me to binge it and add these useless lesbians to my rss reader.

I'm still thinking they should just trust the eye, though. It didn't mean to hurt her, and I'm sure they can work something out. It seems cool and helpful!

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

Katalepsis posted:

“Praem?”

“I lied.”
I didn't see that coming.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
The Daily Grind is back and Wikipedia may be a dungeon.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

Avulsion posted:

I liked the part where he got hit in the face with a shovel repeatedly.

Perhaps the same could be said of all protagonists.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

Larry Parrish posted:

I missed them a lot tbh.
Same.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
Ksmvr couldn’t get enough of gluten after discovering the Amulet of Food Poison Resistance or whatever it was. It turned out lots of Antinium liked gluten—they were just hugely intolerant to it.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
It's just neat to see Ksmvr being happy and devouring bread.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

Cicero posted:

Worth the Candle updated with five new chapters.
Has the author ever said why they update that way?

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
pirateaba is the 27th pirate, pirateaaa through pirateaaz died from writing too much and pirateaba is just a weird outlier. pirateabb was due a year ago.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
non-patreon, though: jesus christ jason what the gently caress

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
“I wouldn’t say a riot. Look, there was a jerk. He was all about stealing people’s money and charging ‘travel fees’ and stuff. Like [Bandits]. I…helped get rid of him.”

“She organized a coup.”

“Well, not really—”

yes, good

Edit: elephants :allears:

90s Cringe Rock fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Oct 30, 2019

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
TWI regular was a rad chapter. We didn't see all of the students getting repeatedly owned on that exercise, but I definitely felt it. Also, ichorial? Those motherfuckers need a few generations of proper gavelkind to sort them out.

not a fan of the invisible text, though. bloody impossible on a phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
And I suspect the Flos chapters may be getting good now that they have fully automated luxury skeleton communism