Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

90s Cringe Rock posted:

I still hope Toren is OK though. :ohdear:

That character is winning the Patreon poll for next side story update.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

90s Cringe Rock posted:

New Wandering Inn, although I assume Patreon people read it ages ago. More Emperor is always good.

I think Patreon is only one or two episodes ahead? I just got the email for 3.12 E a couple hours ago.

This doesn't count the side stories like Doctor or Wistram Days, etc.

But yes I agree Emperor is great.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

I liked the juxtaposition between (3.22 spoilers) how Toren and Pawn handled their new found soldiers

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

NiknudStunod posted:

I have been reading The iron teeth found over at http://www.ironteethserial.com. The story centers around a goblin slave rescued by bandits and the life he builds for himself after. The world seems to be very dark and chaotic and the characters reflect that

I've read this and all the way caught up and it's a lot of fun. Thanks for the recommendation!

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Wildbow has fixed them and also confirmed that he did it because he didn't mean to create a memetic cult before the story even started

Forget Taylor, Wildbow is the true villain here.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

:laugh:

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Friends, I'm not sure I'm up for a series that's all about a character with PTSD; the chapter with Sy going nuts was enough to make me quit reading Twig until the series had finished.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Did I miss a paragraph in the last update? Where is Tattletale mentioned.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

With all the troubled youths from the hospital. Joke's on you this isn't Worm 2 it's Twig 2

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

SerCypher posted:

(and not becoming utterly corrupted in the process)

Looking forward to Victoria getting tuned back into a meat blob by act 5

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

SerCypher posted:

What is good simon?

Children's book series that appeared in both Ward and Twig

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

I guess I was the only one reading that scene over lunch.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Man I hope this Flos storyline in Wandering Inn gets interesting soon, it's boring as hell right now.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Argue posted:

Hopefully this isn't going to be a primary focus; arc 3 opened with Laken but he was barely in it. I think this would have been better served as infrequent half-chapters; Flos seems like he'd be interesting in small doses, but 5 full chapters (so far) is a tough pill to swallow.

pirateaba is saying in the comments for 4.05 that "The next chapter will probably have a bit of Flos and a bit of…well, let’s just say it’ll tie into the plot in a biggish way. Maybe? Maybe not."

But yeah I was sick of this story three chapters ago and nothing has changed since to make me care anymore.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

blastron posted:

Also, what’s the spoiler policy? Are we just covering up discussion about everything, since not everyone is current on every single series that gets posted about in here?

I think just spoilering the latest chapter for the first day or two it's out is common convention, so people don't get dunked if they don't know the exact release schedule of each story they read.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

You realise that Winning and Having Won are not the same thing, right?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

The Shortest Path posted:

I'm gonna finally do a big OP edit, and put together an official spoiler policy. I'm thinking something along the lines of "Anything that's been published in the past two weeks needs to be put in spoiler tags, as well as the entire current arc of Wildbow stories" if that seems fair and reasonable.
I don't think that's reasonable at all, half the thread will be a wall of black squares.

I'd say just spoiler the current (free/non-Patreon, where applicable) update. Why the heck is someone checking this thread more often than they're reading the story?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

One thing I might have missed or forgotten, why is it that Tristan is almost always "active"? I thought him and Byron were supposed to have an equal share of face time?

Also what was their relation to each other? Were they siblings or just two randoms that got fused together?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I'm only a third of the way in but I can't wait to finish before I say that all the villain names we've seen have been incredible

Sidepiece

This is my favourite name since Scrub.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Related: I need fan arts of Chris' new form immediately.

Found a couple on reddit already, where should I normally look for these things?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

CaptainJuan posted:

Ward 5.10:

lmao

This was beautiful.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

The Gods are Bastards is back off hiatus with a bonus chapter.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

what's wog?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

The first word of the body of 4.28 is "Death" so that might be part of it.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

twi patreon discussion

Silynt posted:

I hope there are more Clown chapters incoming, because otherwise these two feel like a waste. 20,000 words of navel-gazing and repetitive "I'm not insane! Yes I am! No I'm not! Yes I am!". Nothing happens at all until the last 10% of the second chapter.

lol yeah I was completely over them as a character until the very end

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

The latest TGAB chapter is my favorite in the past several books. The author really did a 180 with their writing after that break, goddamn.

hopefully it stays as just one story and not like, 7.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

I don't like that Pirateaba is going full GRRM so I really hope you're right.

4.33 woops i wrote too many characters how do i remedy this

1.04/5c ok this makes up for the previous two C chapters being duds

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Oh I didn't even notice we were on Ch 7 now. Isn't there normally an interlude between chapters?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Worth the Candle just fired off like five chapters.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

Hey Milky Moor, I caught up on Not All Heroes last night. It's pretty good! I bounced off it at the end of chapter 1, but got sucked in when I gave it another chance. I see where more of your criticisms with Worm are coming from, though I'm still not sure I agree.

When does it actually get good? Because I tried reading it at some point and it was still boring as gently caress after like 10 entries.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Prac Guide Kaleidoscope 6: OH poo poo, MOM'S HOME

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Worth the Candle updated a few more chapters.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Argue posted:

I wasn't sure because she specifically mentioned an Archmage earlier in the chapter, and that one refused her. Plus she mentioned that the one she has in mind is a druid.

i thought the druid is her gardener

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

navyjack posted:

Hey, what did Herschel reveal to Trissiny in the most recent TGAB to make her decide that Basra has to go RIGHT FUCKEN NOW? And what does it have to do with their adventure in the tower? It’s presented as something that should be obvious to us, but I don’t get it.

Schwartz's lesson in the tower was that sometimes you gotta put down a rabid dog because reasoning (or anything else) won't work on it.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Worth the Candle updated a few more chapters.

Was there an update to Prac Guide after Interlude - We Sing of Rage? I saw a placeholder that the author had some illness and it'd be delayed, but now it's gone and there's no new chapter yet?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Mother of Learning 86 is out.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

hey I'm like 70 pages into Zombie Knight and does the character ever stop being an autistic anime cliché because I'm getting nauseous trying..... to...... read.... this..... horrible.... stilted..... garbage...........

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Couple more Worth the Candle chapters went up.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

ward 8.3 do we know who "the boy from the community centre" at the end I's referring to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

violent sex idiot posted:

crystalclear? it says his dang name in the same quote.

Oh I thought it meant that the (who you said) was on the boy's side, in that (who you said) was vouching for the boy.